Sleep mask

Hey guys, i haven’t posted here for a long time, but I was wondering what you guys think about this Remee sleep mask, do these types of things work well?

Link to vendor removed. :mattias:

Sleeping mask is just a tool. It is a good tool, but it only works if you put some effort into it. Tools do not work without knowledge :wink:. You still need to keep your awareness up all day and RC whenever you see the Dream Signs the Mask could create. Of course, if you do it thoroughly and with a focused mind, you will succeed. Although, a Sleeping Mask is not required to have LD’s, it is a pretty good device.

They are AMAZING tools, but if what you are expecting is to just put these on and lucid dream that is far from the truth. You must do RC do up your awareness and if you want to achieve a level of lucidity almost every night practice ADA because when this flashes and you see it in your dreams, you have amazing awareness and lucid dream every time you see it :happy:

I was trying to make my own but some techy nerds flaked on me and I came across the remee guys were soing it for like €90 including shipping so i ordered it. hasnt arrived yet.

B

Remee isn’t out yet, what you got was the pre-order. It ships in late august.
Also, I know it won’t be some magical lucid dreaming device. I’ve been doing RCs and lucid dreaming for 2 years. I am just looking for some new methods.

Its funny today I was just chefing up some ideas for that exact mask, then of course I found that it has already been done.

I just joined this AWESOME website and I am glad to see so many people pursuing LD’s.

I’ve had 7 LD’s in my whole life, the first couple were soo exciting that they only lasted a few seconds. My third one I was just so amazed with the world my mind generated that all I could do is sit down and look at the amazing carpet and wallpaper in awe of such awesomeness. My hands looked like they were smoking or the heat effect on pavement.
A couple of days ago I had the best one, where I wasn’t overly excited that it lasted for what felt 15 minutes, and since then I’ve decided to very much pursue LD’s and obtain the benefits, not just experiencing the BEST virtual reality the world has offered but find out more about myself and my creative mind. Maybe generate a guru and have a convo with him. lol

But I am a tinkerer and knowledgable with microcontrollers / leds ect… So I do plan on making a dream mask, which will basically send signals which should trigger you to do an RC. I am not going to add sensors to sense eye movement as it will quickly get complicated and pricey. I will have it do two settings, one that will trigger in 5 hours, “for night time” and one that will trigger in 10 - 15 minutes “for naps”.
I know it wont be foolproof but for people pursuing LD’s this may just be a good kick starter. Once I get finished with it and test it and if in fact it does work as planned I will share a “how to” for it. Not only will it be cheaper to build but itl’’ also be a fun project. “In my opinion”

Again I am so thankful for this site, and the experienced LDers for sharing their experiences and techniques. I would LOVE to be able to do WILD and have LD’s very often as I think it can very much enhance life.

I think it’s an awesome idea. I will most likely get it, since I have tried to have a lucid dream for 3-4 months now unsucceeded with a few different methods. Lately I’ve just tried to get better dream recall.

I got done reading a bunch of posts and by the last one “The trick to mastering Everyday Lucidity” it hit me.

I think these guys are absolutely correct about living an LL and that it directly overlaps into your dreams ultimately triggering an RC. I do also like “The trick to mastering Everyday Lucidity” as I think it can also enhance real life. But I think it may be difficult to really stay on top of yourself to achieve this.
So I have another idea, a small device that sits in your pocket that randomly beeps or vibrates “Switchable” every… 40 minutes to an hour, and so every time it beeps/vibrates you HAVE to perform an RC.
A switch to choose settings / LL training IRL / nap mode "triggers in 10 or 15 minutes / night mode "triggers in 5 hours.

Im thinking in order for an LD triggering device “goggles” to work you really need to notice and respond to the device correctly for it to work, so thats why I am thinking a designated pocket timer specifically for RC’s during the day may work better using the same device when you are sleeping.

Eh maybe, maybe not. IDK Ill have to try it out. Again Ill be glad to share a how to on which ever one I do. :content:

Again my ultimate goal is to be able to perform frequent WILD’s.

I’m using my phone clock alarm to vibrate every 2 hour to remind me to do a RC. But the annoying part is that I have to turn it off myself, if it could just vibrate for 5-10 seconds it would make it a lot easier… Simply an app for it would be great.

So let’s get this thread on topic again…

Did anyone of you actually order Remee? They’re not really specific about how customizable the setup is. In the video you only see that you’re able to customize the time until the lights go off, in which intervals it’s going to be repeated, and some “nap sequence”.

For example a quick google shows that some other device only slightly more expensive uses infrared sensors to detect if one’s dreaming. I don’t know how good that works, but it sounds more reliable than just estimating the REM phases.

Or am I guessing something wrong here and estimating REM phases is actually quite reliable?

(Also the topic name is quite generic… isn’t there a possibility to change it to what’s actually being discussed here, namely Remee?)

I wouldn’t consider estimating REM phases 100% accurate, but you can try it out. Sleep phases are usually like this on average:

There is a good chance that the REM times match quite well.

Oh well, just noticed that I made a mistake. The device I googled costs about twice as much as Remee (Didn’t convert currencies!).

Well, if it’s still a more or less reliable LDing support, it doesn’t look as bad then… I’ll wait until the first batch ships and if the reviews are good I’m in for sure.

Hy Samadhi,

Here’s a very good review on sleep devices for inducing LD’s and how they may manifest in a dream…

Thanks db_FTS, unfortunately it didn’t cover it more than I’ve read in LaBerges book. I’m looking for something more technical. :smile:

I know, but it’s good to see how it actually may work and not to expect to much because technology as technology. I always preferred natural ways of becoming lucid and it’s more long lasting knowledge then any pills or technology, that’s just my opinion…

Good luck! :content:

Well, I don’t like these natural vs. artificial debates. Is culture natural? Aren’t things we considered unnatural in the past natural now? It’s really subjective… and I’m just a tech and science guy.

And as far as I can recall LaBerges research has shown that such devices when used alongside “natural” techniques can multiply the chances to become lucid by a factor of 5. Now I don’t wan’t to say that my approach is better or that I’m superior in any way (please don’t think that), just trying to explain why I want to try this as a tech guy. I simply like statistics :grin:

Buuut before I get offtopic, what I personally dislike about this review is that he’s only talking about how it didn’t work for him and kinda repeats himself. It’s interesting though that he made a whole series about LDing though. Probably gonna check some of his other ones too.

Well I agree with you totally! I love technology and I use it a lot by somehow dreams are not something where I need technology because Buddhist monks are my motivation because they do it completely technology free and they are masters at lucid dreaming(dream yoga).

I know technology may help me but I’m afraid that’s just the wrong turn in this journey…

You of course feel free to experiment and please post your results because I would like to know how it works for you and who knows maybe one day I’ll buy it too.
and who know

I can absolutely understand your fascination. It’s not like I want to rely on technology only, to be honest I guess I’d use it only after I’ve developed a solid basis of natural techniques.

I’m just a little pessimistic when it comes to the time I have to devote to lucid dreaming. These monks most probably devote their life to achieving these goals. I would like to do so too, but our western lifestyle doesn’t allow this (at least not usually… :grin:)

I don’t know whether it’s possible to become dependant on such a device… I hope when I’m at the point of using such a device one day it won’t make it impossible for me to LD without it. But that’s where I’m optimistic, it’s all about my discipline and willpower. Or… who knows, maybe my LDing learning curve is gonna be so good that I don’t even need any devices at all :eek: But I’ll let the future decide.

Yeah, they have a whole life to learn such things… I know we are not qualified as much as they are but who knows maybe we can achieve that kind of lucidity in WL and in a dream.

I know, school and a job are killers but raising general awareness in WL will help us to enjoy in WL and dreams much more…

Well, good luck again and post your results whenever you get one… :content: