Lucid dreaming- ultimate tool to create?

Hello people of the dream world :smile:
do you think that it is? i thought about it for a while and then i saw this article, it was written by Steve Vai ( famous composer and awesome guitar player). i heard somewhere (not sure if this is true but probably it is) that lucid dreams made him the unique person he is today and helped him develop his own weird style of music.
anyway in this article he says: (I love the way he describes it :tongue: )
…"There was what sounded like a 1000 piece orchestra of unknown instrumentation, all out of tune but divinely perfect, audibly racing with me. Every note or sound that I played on the guitar would be engulfed by this celestial orchestra and re-harmonized hundreds of different ways creating these cascading kaleidoscopes of indescribable sounds and colors.

It was enormously loud but was coming from within. I wasn’t using my physical senses like sight, hearing or feeling. These sensations were being experienced with a different set of sensual tools that were similar than the physical ones, but magnified to a great degree and multi dimensional too (ugh, this is hard to try to explain).

The sound was all around. Inside, outside, upside-down etc. There was no pain or discomfort, no direction or real volume in the conventional way we know it. It was just untainted brilliant, euphoric intensity…"

…“In a gallant attempt to bring audible reality to this life-altering experience, I constructed the song “Love Secrets”. It’s the best I could do to make real the sound and ferocity of these ethereal episodes. It’s not even close to the real things though. Worlds, no… universes, no… dimensions away from the real thing…”

Basically lucid dreams inspired him to do his music ( Maybe you what to hear love secrets (youtube.com/watch?v=axjWMJ9yJ6g)

And he is not the only one of course, its easy to find a lot of well-known artists, inventors, movie makers, musicians on the web ( all of them really have unique stuff). So do you think it is an ultimate tool? :thumbs:
(BTW! Do a RC!)

Well, besides minecraft indeed it is. :content:

Now seriously, yes it really is. It’s not just a few times that I’ve woken up really emotionally surprised by a dream I just had ending up writing a short fictional story in my DD based on it - and all of that just by a ND.

I’m pretty sure something extraordinary would happen if, inside a dream, you spawn a full orchestra with choir, be their conductor and tell them to start playing. I might use that as a next goal in my dreams. :smile:

Cheers,
Don :smile:

I’ve just had a ND tonight where I was playing some instrument that looked like a xylophone, but the instrument had strings rather than bars. I was playing a piece of music, alongside with an orchestra and a choir that was singing. Can’t remember the music now, but I remember it was pretty nice. So I guess one could use dreams as an inspiration for music, but to write music you need some knowledge about notes etc. to actually record it on paper after waking up.

Lucid dreaming sure is the ultimate tool of creativity! Like in the discussion here, I love creating music in my lucid dreams, but I can never remember it once I wake up… :sad:

All in all, I’m much more creative in lucid dreams than when awake, and it seems to be that way for other lucid dreamers as well.

Im just dying to get my first LD and when I become more stable to maintain lucidity I will most definetly try to create something wonderful that I can do ni IR also:)

I had a dream once where I walked into my classroom and my teacher was playing the piano and singing a song that I have never heard before in waking life but it was the most beautiful thing I have ever heard

Like Don Anonymous, I have also used dreams in the creation of short stories and other (not so short) stories.

I must agree with everyone: dreams really do hold a key to immense creativity. After all, when you dreaming your mind is most open.

I’m going to school for music and play bass for living… so one of my main reasons/objectives for lucid dreaming is to practice in my dreams. I want to see if I can unlock doors to my creativity and hopefully right some interesting music.