What kind of dream journal do you use?

I type them in a .txt archive in my laptop :content:
using date + hour

I use a simple hard-bound notebook for Dream Journal, and one bigger and thicker book for dream techniques, ideas and to-do lists. The cover of my notebook is very simple, I made a cover from gift-wrapping paper (dark brown colored).

The thicker one doesn’t have any paper or leather on the binding (since I made it with post-bound technique /scrapbooking/) just the simple wooden cover (I have several colored ribbons for bookmarks). The pages can be rearranged, removed or added.

I write my entries with a simple black gel pen into the notebook and use colored inks/pens for the bigger book.

My DJ is just a simple coil bound notebook like you’d use in school. I always kept at least two by my bed since I’m a writer and ideas come to me at strange times, so adding another notebook wasn’t a big stretch for me. :smile:

Mine’s a gray and purple plaid journal I bought at Walmart. My format in the journal is like this:

Title date of night/date of day
Dream.

So, for example, I might have an entry like this:

Ice Cream 12-4/12-5
I ate some Ben and Jerry’s Ice cream. It was good.

In the past I have kept my DJ as a separate notebook, but I would often end up writing them in my sketchbook, so now I just combine them. I sometimes write the date, but not always. If I have a particularly epic lucid dream or OBE, I sometimes write down if I had read any dream literature, done any meditations, or used any type of herbs or tea the night before.

I find that the most important thing is just to write them down. It doesn’t matter where or how. Just the act of writing them down frees up my awareness and memory so that I can recall and have more vivid dreams. I also think that it sends a message to my subconscious that my dreams are important, reinforcing my focus and awareness.

An on-site one. I’m too lazy for anything else. And I don’t want my family to stick their nose in something they couldn’t understand.

I use a black leather-covered notebook. Nothing special, but works for me. :razz:

I just use a regular notebook. Write the date and then the dream. Nothing special at all.
But it got me thinking, if you make your DJ seem more special then it is, will it perhaps help increase DR?

Just a simple school notebook, since that was what I had around.
Works okay.

Mine is a thin sketchbook with flowers on the cover. I also made something on the first page, it says “Dreaming as I do it less… asleep: a dream journal started on february 4th 2009”. I don’t really like that, and probably if I had done it now I would’ve written something different, but at least it’s pretty.

Back in 2009 when I started it I used to write every dream in a different color. I had a huuuuge writting break from march 2009 (didn’t last much back then, hah) until march 2012. Now I started writting in purple ink pen, a friend of my mom’s once told me purple was a very spiritual color so it just kind of felt right to use for my DJ :smile:

I like to use a notebook because I can keep it on my nightstand and just write whenever I wake up. It looks very messy because sometimes I write in the dark or trying not to move much.

I just write the date and underline it; if there’s something special to the dream I write a title and underline it too (as I did with my first LD :smile:)

I use a brown leather journal. It has line paper inside. It is sort of special, I mean it has a unique design on the front. I like to think that since I like my dream journal I will be more inspired to write down dreams.

Lately though I’ve been taking notes on the left pages and typing them on my computer because my recall has been improving so much. After I type them I write down the dream in my journal on the right pages

I use grid paper note books or regular note taking books :smile:

Sort of a working note book with a pen included.
It’s very handy, and enough rigid to write down my dreams as soon as I wake up :wink:

I’m using a Moleskine plain extra large softcover notebook. I’m planning to use these as DJs until they either stop selling it or I can’t afford them anymore (probably I should buy a stack of those in advance?). But maybe I’ll stop using the plain ones… it’s so tedious to write in these. But I still have to endure the remaining ~200 pages of my current one.

I think it would look nice to have a whole shelf of these in a few years. :smile:

I have two forms of dream journal at this point. I was using a simple black softcover notebook as my journal, but I recently started typing dreams onto my laptop in the mornings instead. I tend to just journal when awake for awhile anyway, but it;s good to have the notepad and a pen around close by in case I do have something very vivid, important and rapidly fading to document

I use the inception button.

I keeed, I keed.

Here it is.

I started with a diarything what my girlfriend did for me. It is very unique and thats why I thought it would be good to write dreams to it. But then I realized again that Im very poor at writing with pen, so I began to write my DJ on computer. I try to make as unique as you get. Different fonts and colour of text. Working fine for me.

I used to use brown moleskin notebooks but recently I have switched to a video journal using a whiteboard for temporary quick notes and/or reminders for later. I really haven’t been too good about it lately but I am trying to get in the habit before going back to college. You can find my journal Here (Blog) or Here (YouTube). I’ve got some more to post and it is still a work in progress but this is what I have found works best for me. I plan to start writing them out in full again as well if I can find the time.

Light and useful

I don’t use an actual physical dream journal. I just type my dreams down in Pages and then copy and paste them to my online dream journal, and use fancy colors to make it look all fruity :cool: . The reason I don’t write them down is because it would be hastle… I’d have to write it and then type it up here.