S.A.C (Spontaneous Awareness Cycle) technique

Spontaneous Awareness Cycle-technique (SAC)

this is a technique that came to me while practicing wild, and succeding for the first time, how ever the way i did it was different of a normal wild, it took me some time to know how i did it, i’ve been changing the process alot, but i think it got to it’s final point, and it has had a good rate on it’s early week 4/6 attempts
and i wanted to share to see if it works for anyone else.

I don’t know if categorize it as WILD or DILD, but done correctly you get lucidity early the dream starts (on my own experience), it works by not being conscious at all the time during the sleep process, but just gaining awareness spontaneously in cycles, I’m not sure if there’s any technique like this one already, I personally haven’t heard of one before :tongue:

Preparation:
First of all you need to know how does it feel to fall asleep, you need to know the difference between a wake mind and a mind going to sleep,
just go to sleep like you normally do, don’t think about lucid dreaming and forget about WILD, try to feel the mental change of being awake to falling asleep, i’m talking about that drowsy feeling, your mind’s wanders more and more to a deeper state, and your breathing goes slower, and you start to day dream without logic. Is very important for you to understand this feeling

STEP 1: Wake Back To Bed
Don’t waste your time trying to lucid dream at the first time you go to bed, its useless.
Set an alarm, and take at least 4 hours of sleep, don’t be lazy, lucid dream will reward it.
Some people use mantras for waking up like “I will wake up in 4 hours” something like that
Once woken up, go to the bathroom if you need to, take a glass of water or do anything you need to, wake up your mind a bit (don’t stay up so long, or you will wake up yourself completely), or you will fall asleep really fast without even a chance of trying the technique, it has happened to me.

STEP 2: relax

Now lie in you bed at any position you want to, a comfortable position where you can fall asleep, make sure nothing is bothering you, take a time to relax and get drowsy, it does not take more than 1 minute (for me)

STEP 3 : sleep

Once you feel relaxed and about to sleep, close your eyes and let yourself go, remember what I talked about watching yourself falling asleep? It’s time to put it into work, fall asleep like you’d normally do, just try to pay attention really slightly, enough to make it to the next step, don’t wake your mind up, and try not to interrupt the process, get deeper in the sleep process, do not to move, and try to keep your eyes in one non-forced position, if you feel itch scratch it, and if you feel like rolling over, do it, don’t force yourself to not doing it :angry:
also, forget about sleep paralysis, it’s better if you just forget about your body, it will just happen :smile:

STEP 4: recover awareness (5 seconds of lucidity)

You will feel your mind wander, and getting lighter, and at some point you will find yourself losing consciousness, thinking about random illogical things, probably daydreaming, when you notice this happening(it may take practice to notice it and not falling asleep into it) its time to recover awareness using what I call the 5 seconds of lucidness
During these five seconds (approx), imagine that you are already in a dream, imagine yourself doing a reality check and/or expressing “I’m lucid dreaming”, you will feel a significant difference in your head, try to not wake up completely your mind in the process
While you do this you can direct your attention to the front part of your forehead, feel it tickling, focus your lucid daydream in that area. it’s easier that it sounds. What you are really doing is turning on the prefrontal cortex of your brain, the part of the brain that is associated with logical and rational behavior

• After the 5 seconds, return back to sleep(do not move in the process), let your mind fade again, lose conscious, and repeat the cycle, try to make the 5 seconds a bit shorter, every time you recover awareness.
• You will notice your day dreams getting every time more vivid, and audible, don’t fall into them, that’s the moment when you must act to recover the control

and it’s done

Why only 5 seconds? Because if you keep doing it for longer you will wake up your mind more, and it will keep you awake, unlike normal wild, we are creating a conscious-unconscious cycle, that will continue into a dream, we are leaving the P.C slightly on, a lot of WILD’s fail’s is because we can’t sleep, we just want to be fully conscious all the time, but we can’t enter to the dream state with all this activity going on in our brain.

What will happen if done right(in my own experience)?

• you will suddenly be in a dream, doing some random stuff, and spontaneously get awareness of being dreaming, i didn’t had to use any reality check, I just knew I was already dreaming
  •    you may experience a fake awakening; make sure to reality check every time you wake up.

In most of my attempts the dream was fading away once I realized I was dreaming, that’s because the dream was just starting when I regain awareness, thus interrupting the process of stabilizing the dream by waking up my mind

What you must do in these cases: stay in contact with the dream, don’t lose track of what you were doing, I start walking or running, feeling my foot in the ground in movement even when I can’t see nothing, I start touching my dream body and playing around with my hands, focus on not waking up, the dream will come back soon, once the dreams comes, try to calm down, and relax, feel the dream being formed around you, then enjoy your lucid dream!

That’s all, comment on how it worked!, Happy Lucid dreaming!!

sorry if my English no es bueno. not my first language :tongue:

Really interesting, i’ll give it a try and post the results. :content:

I like all the fancy pictures and charts. Maybe I’ll give it a try.

Sounds interesting I’ll give it a go :smile:

WBTB seems to really be the crux of all LD-induction from a relatively waking state, doesn’t it?

I also got my first moderate success by having to get up in the middle of the night.

Hey, I think this can be a very usefull technique.

I found that there are certain aids that work similarly…
These are the lucid dreaming timer mp3’s. Bassicaly these give an alarmclock sound for 8 seconds, then a silence for so long, and then an alarm again. this repeats a couple of times, everytime waking you up again, but then there is suddenly no alarm. The idea is that you’re subconisious will be expecting the alarm to sounds and reases awareness (similarly to how you usually wake up a couple of minutes before your alarm sounds in the morning). This won’t be enough to wake you up but may be enough to spontaniously induce ld’s.

i like this tech, because i’m playing with pre-sleep phase since i’m trying LD, and it gives me normal but vivid dreams. I will definitelly try this tech :smile:

I have done something very similar to this. Let myself drift off and catch my consciousness if I fall too far.

right! i was thinking about something similar while writing this technique, i’m thinking about doing a large mp3 file with low frec binaural beats and high secuantial tones every minute or so, it could work :tongue: