What are some of your personal dreamsigns? Part III

Same thing happens to me :sad:

I’m not really sure what my dream signs are, but I think humanized animals has to be one of them. Although I’ve seen normal animals in my dreams, every animal with a main role in the dream (especially if it has dialogue) takes on a human form. Fictional characters and possibly weird electronics glitches are also dream signs for me. Off the top of my head, I can recall three dreams revolving around glitchy video games and none where they actually worked right.

EDIT: From now on, I’m going to make a habit of doing an RC whenever I see video game glitches, electronics malfunctions, or anything else of the sort.

I’m a very short girl, about 4’9". there have been a few encounters in LD that i have looked at the people around me and found myself very tall, which is odd for me. Sometimes I even am tall enough to have to duck to walk through doors

:eh: Whenever I notice that I feel lighter than usual and that the air and temperature are much different. (Its odd somehow I can just sense it)

If dream signs are recurring themes, then fictional characters from series I like, or other references to some game/anime ect. are one of them… a huge amount of my dreams feature them, can be anything from meeting and talking to a character to seeing a picture of them somewhere in the dream. What exact series it is changes, but it’s commonly video games or Homestuck, and sometimes the same one repeats over a period of days… (for a while I had lots of Ace Attorney-related dreams). Only a few of my dreams are completely free from those. So fictional characters in general is the biggest one, I think, especially since this has been true for most of my dreams the last years.

Also, video game worlds or themes. It can be playing a game that I haven’t played(so the dream makes it up) or doesn’t exist, or being in a world that just feels like a 3D platformer game level (with powerups, coins, platforms ect.) even if nothing about games are mentioned.

Being in places I have never been to, or that I have been once but would have no reason to be at the time. Also, when at “my house” or another place I know, it rarely is how the house actually looks like, the room is completely different.

A bunch of my dreams also switch between 1st person and 3rd person perspective at random points, but not sure if this can really be counted as a dream sign, or just something that happens to everyone.

Dreams where i’m falling.

When I have a nightmare, it’s a dreamsign :tongue:.

I’ve noticed I’m driving or a passenger in a car a few times.

Also, I’ve found out that being at conventions (as in anime-gaming-cosplay cons) is something that’s happened quite a few times in my dreams. Sometimes I forget part of a costume (this usually happens when the con is soon and I haven’t finished my costume) and other times I just go around and have fun.

When I am near my old home or in them. Almost always alerts me I don’t know why.

My ex-girlfriend… I still see her alot in reallife to, so i always do reality checks :wink:

[color=green]@ Zan and KorakieThe fiction settings and old houses from my past are pretty good signs I wish I could use more often.

Personal dream sign: seeing two moons or planets…when I was younger I would freak out when I’d see it. It was practically a nightmare, I was freaking out while others remained calm and looked at me as if I had suddenly lost my mind :rofl: Now its a rare RC[/color]

My most common DS is night. Most of my dreams take place at night, but not just a normal night – it’s always a strange, something-is-about-to-happen night. Usually when I look up there are weird lights and things that look like UFO’s. The good thing is that I encounter my DS in WL every day :razz: so I usually do RC’s when I’m walking around during the night, or if I see a plane or something (haven’t seen any UFO’s yet!)

And lately, as my dream recall has been getting better, I’m noticing that the house I used to live in until 3 years ago (I lived there for like 12 years) it’s also a dreamsign. In a dream that’s always still my house, and the level of detail my mind recreates it with is simply amazing.

^ Good idea…Looking up at the sky could be a good RC. I noticed that whenever I look at the sky in an LD something is off. The color of the sky, seeing plannets, seeing people flying, futurustic flying vehicles, etc.

Well, my dreamsign I think is being chased. I had loads of dreams that had me running from someone or something. And the places I end up are always messed up somehow.

Old men. :happy:

Most of my dreams are always funny, I don’t really get the sign-part
In my dream today, I had the odd feeling that I couldn’t move though, almost as if I were frozen, me and my party were attacked by a sort of grey-skinned zombies, but I woke up before they could get me (I woke up knowingly)
but I fell back to sleep and killed them in part two xD,

I’ve been recording my dreams for over a year. i went through my DJ and figured out that 100% of my dreams are never in places that I recognize.
Maybe because I never focus on my surroundings in my WL. I’m always focusing on people, how do they feel, how do they see me, how do i see them, how do i feel, etc. It’s never where am i, what am i doing, etc.
So, basically my DS is my surroundings. - Where am I? What am I doing? that’s how I can figure out if i’m dreaming or not.

I often dream of bears. In the forest, in the city… they can show up just about anywhere. Sometimes they chase me and other times they run from me.

Just noticed this, but throughout the years I often dream of dinosaurs…which is very strange because I really don’t have much of an opinion of them :tongue: