The project before a LD

How much does thinking about what the dream should be about before you successfully induce a LD?

I have noticed that I just go with whatever comes up, but so far I’ve been pretty disappointed. The settings were all mundane and familiar. There was no fantasy-fullfillment or experience with a deep meaning.

So, how important is that and how much does it affect the LD? How long does the environment you expect last? How much do you think about it? Do you do it at all? What other things are good to think about before entering a LD? Things like clarity and control?

Well planing out your dreams may be a successful or not successful action. Why? Well I’ve noticed that sometimes your wanting is just not what you gonna get. Although I’ve noticed whenever I’m thinking about someone, let’s say some sexy girl or something sexual there is a very good chance that I will have a sexual dream. That story beats the argument above that you will not get what you want but the thing is that I don’t know why.

Maybe because sex is so natural and it’s not hard to think about or imagine it, it just happens in WL as in dreams… Other things, well you may need to spend more time and dedication to force/incubate them in a dream…

Sometimes this is good for your goals. Sometimes is good to go with the flow because then the dream is making things for you, of course if you want them in that way, if you want them change then your will needs to be stronger therefore your lucidness needs to be higher…

I don’t know you, so I can’t actually comment this but I guess you are not into this things. If you were those things would be more repetitive in your dreams. Try to live in fantasy, use daydreaming for this if you want to experience it from first hand… That’s all I can advice…

It very motivating if you succeed at your goal, it will boost your will and motivation very much… Well about the setting… It depends on your level of lucidity. If you have low level of lucidity then things will change, definitely but if you have a higher level of lucidity then your setting will be solid and non changing as long as you maintain that level of lucidity or higher, and you can easily change things that you wanna change…

Sometimes I think about it a lot, sometimes I don’t. It depends on my mood and motivation. Today I’m very motivated after I had like 10 LD’s this night/morning [and that’s for real, I’m not making that up]… You can think about what ever you want. Make it more familiar in your head and mind and it’s going to be easier to dream about it…

Thinking and imagining clarity and control is very good and positive. Do that as much as you can…

Good luck!