When do you normally get used to a new sleep pattern?

My sleep patterns are VERY chaotic nowadays, because depending on whether I’m gonna work the next day or not I can go to sleep anytime between 10 PM - 6 AM and get up sometime between about 6 AM - 1 PM.

Now I have decided to follow a fairly constant sleep pattern at least during workdays, and I was wondering how long I should expect it to take before it “sticks”?
In other words, when will my body get used to falling asleep and waking up at certain times?

I think the only way to deal with the jet lag from irregular sleep patterns is take plenty of naps.

My sleep schedule was very chaotic too and it was really playing against me because I would feel tired all day and my brain just wouldn’t function well in class or when studying.

I decided to “change my life” hahaha so I started doing sports early in the morning. That meant I had to change my sleep schedule too. I started going to bed between 11pm and midnight and waking up around 6am. My body took about a week getting used to it.

I’ve been doing this for about a month and it has been totally worth it, I feel really rested during the day and since my times are scheduled I fall asleep easily at night :smile: I highly recommend putting some order into your sleeping scheme!