LD4all Quest 79: Be an Olympian!

LD4all Quest 79: August: Be an Olympian!
Author: Ysim

Every month, on LD4all :ld4all: we have a new Quest to explore your LD’s in a fun way.

Click here for a list of all the LD4all Quests
Click here to suggest a Quest yourself
Click here to add your own Quest travel log

Be an Olympian!
It only happens once every 4 years; the summer Olympics. The single most widely known and renowned sporting event. How must it feel to even be able to compete, let alone win? The pride, the honor!

It’s time to wear your flag. This month your Quest is to compete in the Olympics. Choose your competition(s) and wear whatever uniform and flag you want. Maybe you’re there to represent the Dream Country?

To complete this Quest and earn your wings

• Make it to the Olympic games
  • Compete
  • Optional: Win a medal (maybe even gold)
  • Optional: Tell the newspapers your inspirational tale :wink:
  • Optional: Go back in time and compete in the original Olympic events in ancient times
  • Post your dream in this topic (a link to your DJ is allowed but you have to post in this topic that you have succeeded)

Please be very clear if you feel you have completed the Quest or want to try again - Qu will only give wings if you feel you have been successful in completing the Quest, the wings are a reward for yourself.

Qu will give everyone who earned it their wings at the end of this Quest, so please be patient

Tips for completing this Quest
These are just suggestions of course, you can do whatever works for you :content:

• Get inspired by watching the games or other sporting events before bed.
  • There are many, many events in the Olympics. Try to pick just one or two to compete in, so you don’t become overwhelmed.
  • If you prefer, you can compete in the winter Olympics, too.
  • If you’re having some trouble with the sport, perhaps asking a DC to be your personal coach will help. Maybe they’ll give you the tips you need.
  • Can’t get a ride to the games? That’s ok, you’re a famous athlete now, every DC should be willing to give you a free ride. Or maybe just open the closest door, knowing that it’s actually the entrance to locker room or main competition floor.

Preparations/Incubation
Before going to sleep or while doing your LD incubation technique (WILD/WBTB/MILD, etc):

• Set your mind for this Quest.
  • Decide on what your events should be before hand.
  • Imagine how it would feel to be leading your event.

Post your attempts, whether you feel you succeeded or not, in this topic :smile:

Last but not least: have fun everyone! Good luck and let the games begin! :ysim:

Awesome! I’m definitely going to try this month’s Quest!

Did it! I represented Canada and I won 5 gold medals. One for equestrian, another for 100m swimming, one for table tennis and one for canoeing. I then switched to winter and did hockey.
The entire thing was an amazing experience. It’s amazing to have thousands of people cheer you on. :smile:
I think that inspired me to start practicing hockey more. Because instead of DC and fake medals you can’t keep, it would be awesome to know that it’s real. Sadly, it might not happen. Oh well. I can only imagine how happy athletes right now are. :grin:

Send a congrats to our athletes! :slide:

Failure!

I remembered to give this a try at the end of last night’s lucid dream but didn’t even manage to find my event. You can’t be an Olympian if you get lost trying to find your event. :smile: Gory details below:

[color=red]I walk through the door of a nearby building, expecting to find the Olympics.

A greeter DC guides me into an enormous room that’s a combination locker room and ice skating rink. I’m somewhat perturbed to find myself in the Winter Olympics but figure that I can change this later. I grab a duffel bag out of one of the lockers and carry it with me. A harried-looking receptionist and “E” (IWL friend) direct me to go to the second floor via elevator. I ask them what city this Olympics is taking place in. They respond that it is in “Horschwager” this year.

The elevators look dilapidated and out of service. (Doors hanging off loosely, bare shafts visible, etc.) I decide to take the stairs. The stairs, however, are a confusing maze of narrow bridges and snaking archways with sheer drop-offs all around. I wander this maze for a good while, reminding myself that “I’m in a lucid dream, about to compete in the Olympics” but the clock eventually runs out just as I reach a strange, glass-enclosed room.[/color] I wake up.

Guess I’ll have to try again. :smile:

Sounds like a great experience! wanna try to beat Usain Bolt in 100m :happy:

Noo nooo is it too late?? I just registered and I still want to do this quest !! :smile:

You can still participate in this Quest if you like :smile:

However, to earn wings you will need to complete the current one.

So I finally tried tonight (for the third time!, I don’t care if I don t earn wings I wanna succeed!!)

So I did a WILD yesterday night. It started as I looked at my hand thinking “Ok I m dreaming let’s controll it, LUCID x 1000” and the dream immediately zoomed to the center of my hand.
Then I thought I wanted to go for the olympians again and I started to look for a door to teleport to the sport center of the olympians. I had some problem to teleport but finally I opened my fridge and got into the lobby of the sport center.
I had to talk to some woman checking who could and couldn’t go in, so I said “I m the future winner” and could go to the locker room.
Then I tried to go to the table (I wanted to compete for the table tennis medal first) But I think my dream vanished soon after cause I don t remember playing against an opponent!

My god we have to remain lucid for so long for three medal it s hard ! :smile:
But at least I had some fun trying to do it :smile:

I tried this a few weeks ago using WBTB and WILD.

The goal is to be inside Olympic Stadium and take in the full experience of being inside such a large space.

I was able to enter a LD, but the visuals were not realistic. There was a track, but it looked like a video game.