Lucidity Challenge 35 > winner Koharo!

Can I still join? :tongue: (I know it already started but I don’t mind being a few days behind)

Edit: I find it very hard to judge how long a dream is. I guess my average is about 3 minutes. My personal goal would be to bend the elements in a LD (so like shooting fire from my hand, make a wall of water, let air lift me up and easily throw boulders around.)

[color=green] :neutral: Ditto…Ive been off track lately.[/color]

Ansie, I can add you in, no problem. You can start with this first task, I’ll count anything you post after this as being towards it.

Koharo, just need a goal and average dream length, then I’ll add you in. Just try to get that to me before I announce the second task on Saturday.

After this though, no more new entries, I think 15 is a good number :tongue:

Just under 40 hours left until I post the next task; tallying of scores will come shortly thereafter.

[color=green]I couldnt really calculate my LD time I’ll go out on a limb and say my average is 4-5 minutes.

My LD goal for this event is to shuffle (the dance). [/color]

I will do my best to find a hat this night then :content:

I became lucid when I saw that my feet were highly distorted. Unfortunately, I got excited and woke up within just a few seconds.

I think this fits the description of “You become lucid but wake up shortly after or lose lucidity very quickly”

Two MOAR short lucids with the most recent being lost and saved twice.

Also, took some military guy’s hat in an ND, did not wear it though.

Only a fragment.

One long lucid and one medium lucid over the past two days :smile:

Only a Fragment and a ND here.

[color=green] :meh: Ditto…but its better than when I was getting nothing at all…I’ll try again[/color]

Task 2 - Surfs Up

Summer’s nearly over (for most of us), so let’s give it one last hurrah and catch a few waves.

Acquire your surfboard - 5 pts
Find/Create waves to ride - 5 pts
Attempt to surf them, but fail - 5 pts
Successfully surf one - 10 pts
Successfully surf multiple - 20 pts Note: “One” or “Multiple” is an either or, not both.
Do some tricks - 5 pts each, up to 20 pts
Enjoy another adventure resulting from surfing - 5 pts

This task will close and the next will be posted next Saturday, around 18:00 GMT.

Scores coming soon.

Does it still make sense (point wise) to do the previous one?

Fragment…

^ Double post demon. :razz:

Here’s two NDs. No hats. No surfing… :razz:

I had a short lucid dream last night. (Length: 2 minutes.)

Dream details:

SPOILER - Click to view

[color=blue]A friend is showing me around some mansion, delivering this nonstop harangue about the lack of baby proofing. I’m surprised by how angry she is until we reach a second floor balcony that overlooks a huge courtyard with a fountain. Next to the railing is a strange device that invites a baby to crawl onto it and then extends over the edge of the railing to “give the baby a better view” by dangling them hazardously over the side.

Now that I’ve seen this dangerous contraption, I get why she’s so mad. Now I’m fuming too. But when I’m done whining and stop to study my surroundings again, I notice that I’m no longer in a mansion. I’m now alone on the second floor of a shopping mall. I don’t understand how I got there. Everything looks very real, though, so I decide I’m probably not dreaming. I reality check “just in case” and I’m astonished when it fails. I hit a second nose pinch. This also fails and I think, “No way. I just did it wrong.” Third try fails [/color][color=red]and now I’m finally lucid.

I’m shocked that this is a dream and my vision immediately goes black. I start rubbing my hands together, determined not to let this go. I test my dream body in a variety of ways to keep myself tethered to the dream: I rub my hands over my elbows, flick my teeth with my fingernail, lick my arm, flex and prod at my muscles, slap myself in the face. Everything works and I feel solidly locked in – I just can’t see anything. This goes on for quite some time and I’m having trouble staying calm.

Unsure what to do, I extend my right hand and plead for help. “I can’t see. Please, somebody help me.” Seconds later, someone grabs my hand, gives it a hard yank, and I stumble forward, my vision fully restored.

Of all people, my rescuer is Julia Roberts (an actress that I do not particularly like and haven’t thought of in years.) I suddenly feel like a jerk for not really liking her work.

We’re on a dilapidated pier by the seaside. I demand “Super high-def!” from the dream scene and everything sharpens nicely. I hear the creak of beams and the slap of seawater against the piers, as well as the distant cry of gulls. I know that I’m right on the water and think of getting to the Cretaceous seas!

Julia Roberts shouts at me that “You’re almost out of time!” and runs off down the pier. I run after her, searching for some way to get to the open water. Dream characters peer at me from stalls on the sides of the pier, murmuring incomprehensibly to one another as I pass. I keep running, wondering whether I need to try something drastic to change things in my favor. Soon [/color]the dream fades to black, this time for good.

I had an average LD on the last topic.
Time: about 5 minutes
Goal accomplished: To shuffle (the dance)
Objective: I recall suddenly wearing a hat, but I didnt take it.

I had a medium LD last night.

Last night I had another short lucid dream. (Length: Just over 1 minute.)

Dream details:

SPOILER - Click to view

[color=blue]We’re throwing some kind of huge party at our house. Our den has expanded to an impossible size and is filled with rows of picnic tables, with friends and family all around. I feel the mingled excitement and vague anxiety that I always feel hosting any sort of event. It’s fun visiting with the guests, several of whom I haven’t seen in quite some time.

“S”, a friend of mine, grabs me in order to inform me than an “associate” of his has inexpensive cruise tickets that he would like to sell me. S’s associate is a rough-looking character with a plug earring installed in each of his wobbling earlobes. He carelessly dumps his wallet out on the table, telling me that the tickets are “in there somewhere”. I find his driver’s license, which is covered with uncomfortably personal information, such as the fact that he is an “Atheist” who has a “Vasectomy”.

I find a strange little zip-lock bag filled with strips of paper that have different people’s signatures on them. It feels creepy to me and I wonder why he would have such a thing. I joke nervously, “A little weird, but at least it’s not a bag full of women’s hair or something.”

When I look up to gauge his reaction, the scene has shifted. I’m now surrounded by a handful of well-dressed police detectives. They chuckle at my comment and I realize that I’m also a detective and we’re working together to solve a crime. Fortunately, I still have strong recall of the previous dream scene, note the strangeness of the transition and[/color] [color=red]I become totally lucid. I stop in the middle of a sentence I can no longer remember and say, “And now I am lucid.” I nod politely at my new colleagues and get up to leave.

The detectives step aside for me and I see that I’m on the ground floor of a glass office building. Through the glass I see a street scene, cars and pedestrians passing by outside of the building. I walk past a busy cubicle farm, taking in my surroundings and ambling slowly toward the exit.

Clarity is high and I feel super-aware, like the master of my domain. I feel so confident that I have no urge to stabilize. Out loud I say, “This is my lucid dream. It will go at my pace and nobody will control it but me.” I feel calm and unstoppable as I walk toward the exit. A woman enters from the street and I nod a greeting. She smiles back and I note that although she is a stranger to me, she looks every bit as real as a person I might encounter during a day at the office.

After the woman passes, I step calmly through the exit. There’s a flash of light as direct sunlight hits my eyes and [/color]suddenly I’m awake.

Last night I became lucid but I woke up within seconds.

[spoiler]
A very short lucid last night. I was on my way to school when I pulled into this empty parking lot. It did not at all resemble the parking lot at the community college, this parking lot had lots of big spaces with freshly painted lines. It was abnormally shaped, and it stretched a long way, but on the left side there was woodlands and on the right there was a big nice open field. As I got out of the truck, I realized “Hey, this doesn’t look like the parking lot at my school! I must be dreaming!” Then I woke up.[/spoiler]