The 2 years plan (Please read)

I’m really interested in lucid dreaming, actually I love it so much :content:
However I’m now doing the most important tests I have ever done and I really need to focus on that, the homework is a killer. Anyway the tests last for 2 years, can you see the problem here. I’m not going to be able to focus on lucid dreaming for 2 years :cry:
So I have decided on 2 things:
I’m going to put lucid dreaming on hold for the test duration.
I’m defiantly going to start up again when I’m 16,
So it’s with regret that I say bye and will see u in 2014-2015 (dam that’s a long time)
Anyway what I would like as a good bye present is just for some tips, you know when I get back in to it I’m still going to watch gizedwards on YouTube and will come back to this forum every so often.
Bye guys :cry:

I don’t think abandoning LDing is the way to go. There’s ways to still practice LDing and not have it be intrusive to your life. If you look at the techniques, you can see they really don’t require you to do much during the day that would interfere with your life.

May I ask what techniques you suggest?

DILD is definately more of a side tech. Just do Reality Checks during the day (Thats not much work.) and write your dreams down when you remember them.

DILD and I would also suggest the occasional WBTB because I can’t imagine that you would be so busy over the next two years that you don’t have a night off for yourself.

And like drakeyfox said, i’m sure your not going to be SO busy you won’t have time to yourself, and if you do have time to yourself, i would suggest getting on LD4all.

If you can give it up for 2 years it’s possible your not ready or fully understanding what Lucidity is. Don’t give up the power of the Gods. What tests last for 2 years anyway?

Regardless of how long the test is or what it’s for, like others have said there is time to do some things. If you’re worried about not having time to do things like WILD which might take away from sleep, don’t worry. If you need, go with something more passive like occasionally doing an RC. A lot of people forget about RCILD but it was really my strongest tech when I started. Just question whether you’re awake or not occasionally and do an RC to find the answer to the question. It takes seconds, and if you do it from time to time throughout your day it could really help. I hope you’re able to sort this out, look forward to hearing more from you!

Thanks Guys for the ideas,
I have taken your information on board and I think what i’m going to do is RCILD (Like Rhewin suggested) And I might do WBTB on Saturday, i’m very glad that there are ways that I don’t have to stop many of them I did use before. May I add that I had a LD last night and that was amazing so yeah your information has really helped and that LD really made me decide not to stop lucid dreaming. And if anybody wants to know the tests they are (i’m pritty sure only in England, UK) But still they are the main foundation for the rest of your life and decide, really, what opportunity’s you get.
Thanks for the help.

By all means: if you have a lot of stuff you want to do, and you need to prioritize amongst them, choose whatever you would like to do! Ld’s are awesome, but remember to keep contact with other people and stuff as well :smile:

On the other hand: you need to do something other than just studying. I am a student ATM, with waay to little time on my hands, take it from me: you cannot live only for tests or school or whatever, there needs to be a balance. Good luck with finding it, I sure haven’t :wink: