LD4all Quest 80: November: Create a Constellation!

LD4all Quest 80: November: Create a Constellation!
Author: Rhewin

Every month on LD4all :ld4all: we have a new Quest to explore your LD’s in a fun way.

Click here for a list of all the LD4all Quests
Click here to suggest a Quest yourself
Click here to add your own Quest travel log

Create a Constellation!
Love or hate the cold, it’s finally time for winter in the northern hemisphere. One great side effect is that the humidity gets quite a bit lower. Because of this, when the sky is clear we’re treated to some of the brightest nights of the year. This is one of the best times for those of us who like to go out late at night to see constellations at their best. But that’s not to say they couldn’t use a little personal touch here or there.

This month’s Quest is to dot the skies with your own constellation. It can be any size or shape with as many stars as you want. In fact, you could even tweak the colors of the stars if you like. Don’t forget to give it a name too!

But why stop there? You could bring the constellations to life, travel to their star systems and find intelligent, or maybe you could even become a constellation yourself. The skies are yours, have fun with it!

To complete this Quest and earn your wings

• Find the night sky in your dream (or turn day to night if needed)
  • Place stars in the sky to create your own constellation
  • Give it a name
  • Optional: Bring it to life
  • Optional: Travel to the the stars you created and see what’s there
  • Post your dream in this topic (a link to your DJ is allowed but you have to post in this topic that you have succeeded)

Please be very clear if you feel you have completed the Quest or want to try again - pasQuale will only give wings if you feel you have been successful in completing the Quest, the wings are a reward for yourself.

pasQuale will give everyone who earned it their wings at the end of this Quest, so please be patient

Tips for completing this Quest
These are just suggestions of course, you can do whatever works for you :content:

• Get inspired by checking out the real constellations for yourself
  • Think of what you want your constellation to represent (certain animal, person, object, etc.)
  • If you’re having trouble turning day to night: try walking in a building and back out again, expecting it to be nighttime; yell for the sun to set; flip a light switch; ask a DC to do it for you
  • There are several ways you could make stars. You could rearrange some already there, pretend to poke holes in the sky ,or even just look up expecting your constellation to be there

Preparations/Incubation
Before going to sleep or while doing your LD incubation technique (WILD/WBTB/MILD, etc):

• Set your mind for this Quest.
  • Try to picture what exactly the constellation would look like as stars
  • Imagine yourself creating it in whatever way you prefer

Post your attempts, whether you feel you succeeded or not, in this topic :smile:

Last but not least: have fun everyone! Good luck and let the games begin! :tardis:

I saw this Quest a few days ago, actually looked for it, since #80 seemed to be missing :open_mouth: Anyway, I decided to go for it, and I managed to do an attempt today! Excited about it even though I only got to see one star :tongue: I did think about doing some of the rest, and was at least dreaming of being lucid :smile:

link to my DJ

*Huge bonus from this too: I let my best friend see my dream, and he was incredibly touched :smile: :smile: :smile: it’s just the best feeling in the world making him happy

I’ve been trying this the last few nights. Finally had some luck last night. I was in a building and saw two girls walk by. I said hi to one of them. I knew I was dreaming. I remembered about the constellation challenge and asked one of the DCs to show me a constellation. She got freaked out and ran away. I had a DC or possible DG standing next to me. I called him John (not sure why, he wasn’t anyone I knew) and asked him to show me a constellation. At that time I noticed a door in front of me and said “When I walk out this door it will be night.” I walked out and it was sunny out and not night. John was standing outside as if he was waiting for my next command. I said something to the effect of “Bring clarity to the constellations.” The sky got darker and I saw one star in the sky. I said “Make it brighter.” The star got brighter. It was still only star in the sky but I was excited about it. The dream ended.

I used dream incubation and a bit of MILD. Pretty cool I was able to remember the challenge. I’d like to keep trying to make a constellation just wanted to share my experience so far.