Current Wings Quest 130
Rainbow Connection

Pseudo-lucidity and some other interesting phenomenons

Author  Message 
idankor

Pseudo-lucidity and some other interesting phenomenons
PostPosted: Mon 05 Nov, 2012  Reply with quote

I've been experiencing the following:

1. I had a dream in which I remember myself being lucid and flying in the night sky. BUT - it feels like it was not really me. And why would I say such a thing? Because I was not excited at all. Everything felt normal and I just accepted naturally that fact it was a dream. Sometime I have these dreams in which they way I behave does not remind me of me. A bit tricky to explain.

2. A long time ago I had dreams in which I was thinking about if I am dreaming, did also RC's. The RC's were positive but I still was convinced it was not a dream.

3. I am having what I call dream flashbacks. Randomly through the day random snapshots from dreams I had, even many years ago, come up in my mind without an apparent trigger. Recently it started happening with normal memories as well.

Any comment will be welcome.

Shaper
Lord of Dreams
LD4all addict
LD count: Many

Re: Pseudo-lucidity and some other interesting phenomenons
PostPosted: Mon 05 Nov, 2012  Reply with quote

I always tend to become pretty excited when I realize that I'm dreaming, but I have had a few experiences related to some of the other things that you mention, for example:

idankor wrote:

2. A long time ago I had dreams in which I was thinking about if I am dreaming, did also RC's. The RC's were positive but I still was convinced it was not a dream.

This has happened to me. That is, I'll do some sort of reality test, but I either don't do a very reliable one, or I misinterpret the results. For example in my dreams I often try to fly, whether I'm lucid or not (trying to fly can be a good RC, as long as you don't jump off any buildings or anything ). However, sometimes when I'm successful I just think "Ah, so I can fly!" rather than "I can fly, so I must be dreaming!"

Quote:

3. I am having what I call dream flashbacks. Randomly through the day random snapshots from dreams I had, even many years ago, come up in my mind without an apparent trigger. Recently it started happening with normal memories as well.

This happens to me as well. Sometimes I remember bits of dreams from years ago. However, they are always fragments from dreams I had written down in an old dream journal. When I don't write dreams down, I promptly forget them.

print