EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 130
Rainbow Connection

Just very incredibly simple way to get deep lucid dreams.

Author  Message 
Orzitone

PostPosted: Fri 16 Nov, 2012  Reply with quote

well..i tried it yesterday..i had a really deep sleep but no dream recall and didnt have a lucid as well... did i do anyhing wrong?? I breethed through my left nosetrill because my right was closed for a bout 25 time and then i slept like a rock...

LordSameth
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: Many

PostPosted: Fri 16 Nov, 2012  Reply with quote

Tried this last night.

I was on my back, closed my nostril and kept going as long as possible, trying to think of various things I'd like to do when I became lucid, especially the location I wanted to be at. I chose the mall where I work because I dream about it a lot anyway, and since I had just got off work it would be the likely dream location for the night anyways.

As I dozed, I kept on my back until I was just too uncomfortable, probably a good 300+ breaths later. I did a few more breaths before rolling to my side, getting comfortable and immediately noticed I was far more relaxed, almost in a trance.

I rolled over a single time, let my mind wander and conked out pretty quickly. I began dreaming I was at the mall in a sweet shop and thinking "Wow this would be cool if it were a dream because then I'd eat everything, no consequence" RC, " Oh....my....god....yes!" Instant lucidity, a whole sweet shop with cheesecake, waffles, jelly beans and chocolate bars all to myself, and several thoughts of " Omgomgomg I just fell asleep, I'll get HOURS in here." And I did. Dream food has always been so yummy. I even had a thought about " That thing I read in the forum works soooo well, I have been lucid for a long time, and everything is so clear!"

It is very rare for me to go lucid during my regular night's sleep, and this proved extremely effective ( and tasty). I had a lot of water before bed though so I'd be able to wake up for the lucid dream I was planning for hours later, but I was able to continue the lucid dream almost seamlessly upon falling back asleep, so technically I had two.

Results: Two lucid dreams and a very satisfying night's rest on my first try. Very effective indeed. The downside is that my dream recall was terrible and it took me a lot more time than usual to remember the details. I don't remember the clarity of it, only that I specifically noted within the dream that it was clear and life-like. This is likely due to it being a part of my regular sleep, where dreams are easier to forget. This could be working for a lot of people and they just sleep too deeply to remember their dream.

Current LD goal(s): To master animal shapeshifting. Success in Eagle, Wolf, and Fish~
mattias
Globahead
Globahead
mattias has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

PostPosted: Sat 17 Nov, 2012  Reply with quote

@LordSameth: wow, great results! Now I want to try this. I'm not sure I can do it so many times, but I'll see...

Rhewin
Who is The Doctor?
Local Moderator
Rhewin has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: 349
Location: In the not too distant future... somewhere in time and space

PostPosted: Sat 17 Nov, 2012  Reply with quote

Orzitone wrote:
hey i wanna try this tonight but my right nosetrill is closed does it work wih the left one???

If as long as you can breathe through at least one you're fine ^^

I've had a lot of times where I wasn't able to breathe through both, but the fact I was able to breathe at all was a slight hint I was dreaming tounge2

Current LD goal(s): Defeat Xander in our lucid duel!
MrLucidZombie
Lucid Dreaming Zombie
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 14

PostPosted: Sun 18 Nov, 2012  Reply with quote

Tried and did not see some progress so far, but I am gonna try sme more and notify you of any results.

Current LD goal(s): 1. Fly higher 2. Perform CALD 3. Make a city in my LDs 4. potato
NumlockCube
The Cat Dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 1 semi-lucid

PostPosted: Sun 18 Nov, 2012  Reply with quote

Does it help if I do it before bed?
And how much out of 10 does it help recall? Because I just suck at that. neutral

Snowmaiden
LD count: a couple

PostPosted: Tue 27 Nov, 2012  Reply with quote

Hi, I think this is my first post after not having posted for a long time.

I tried this technique for the first time last night (it was a bit hard because my left nostril was plugged) and even though I didn't have any lucid dreams, my dreams were very vivid and I recalled five(!) (well, some of them better than others) that I wrote down in my dream journal.

I think perhaps this technique works better if used together with other techniques and RCs.

LD count: 12(Brief LDs)

PostPosted: Wed 05 Dec, 2012  Reply with quote

I will remember to try this tonight. Very awesome if it works for me on the first attempt.

Current LD goal(s): Confront and annihilate my fear.
Lucidaider
mystic crusader
Somniologist
LD count: more then 25

iLL TRY
PostPosted: Fri 14 Dec, 2012  Reply with quote

I guess I could try that wouldn't hurt.

Current LD goal(s): next is to meet my SG and earn my wings
DreamBliss
Oneironaut
Novice dreamer
LD count: 5

PostPosted: Mon 09 Jun, 2014  Reply with quote

I may be bumping an old thread here, but I have only recently been getting back into this.

I wanted to mention that when I did this initially my dreams were always more vivid. I can't remember how it affected lucidity.

I will be changing my approach from mental movies to self-hypnosis. PM me for more information on that. I will start a thread later, once I have developed and fine-tuned everything.

Current LD goal(s): 1
ThePhotograph
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 10 or so

PostPosted: Mon 16 Jun, 2014  Reply with quote

This seems interesting. I will try this.

Current LD goal(s): Fly like a bird
Majah
dream grower
Astral Explorer
LD count: 100+

PostPosted: Tue 24 Jun, 2014  Reply with quote

I think this is very interesting. I will certainly try this.
Just this morning in my first kundalini yoga class we had to close the left nostril and breathe through the right one to bring extra energy to the left brain (well that is what I understood). So it would make some sense to fuel your right brain for brighter nighttime consciousness.

MEDEA
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Fri 04 Jul, 2014  Reply with quote

I guess that the nostril closed effects cause of respiration, wich is a lot important (at least for me) in the "early stage" for relaxation. I will write soon a post about it.

Dreamghost
Somniologist
Somniologist
LD count: 20 + 1 pLD

PostPosted: Mon 07 Jul, 2014  Reply with quote

Hey Presence of Light,
thx for sharing this technique with us, I were not able to find dream yoga techniques in the past. I think they don´t wanna become public. Anyway do you repeat a mantra in your head while breathing, or do you silence your thoughts completely, or don´t I have to care about this? smile

scanner_darkly
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

Dream Yoga
PostPosted: Wed 30 Jul, 2014  Reply with quote

In Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche's book "The Tibetan Dream Yogas of Dream and Sleep" he discusses the importance of sleeping to the right if you are a male and sleeping to the left for females.

Current LD goal(s): Dream Lucidity on a daily basis, and also in waking life.

print