Thoughts and memories clearer in LD

I’ve noticed this a few times in my LDs. When I LD, my goals and actions are far more clear than in WL. Last night i had a short LD that I went for a goal i made a while back that I had completely forgot about, but it wasn’t an “oh yeah, that’s right, i wanted to try this”. It was more of just doing it because it was a goal as if i had incubated that thought, but i didn’t. I seem to remember things in my LD’s about waking life as though I had never forgotten to begin with, a lot easier than in WL itself.

That’s quite interesting, especially because I’m the opposite. :smile: I’ll remember the basic stuff like who I am and where I live etc., but especially in lucid dreams early in the night, I won’t even remember what month it is. I’m usually aware that my memory of recent events in waking life is bad, but I’ll also sometimes get false memories. I’m not so good at remembering tasks that I want to do in lucid dreams, probably because I’m so used to act on impulse when lucid.

Memory in lucid dreams is fascinating, I think. :smile:

I never stop and think or ponder about something, it’s always just instantaneous, though I think a new goal of mine right now is to really pay attention to my thoughts next time i ld, and compare it more carefully to wl.

Maybe it’s just curtain types of memories, because I’m not sure ive ever really thought about who i was, or where i lived while lucid. It’s true that when I’m lucid, i become a very different free spirited individual that just wants to play without caring or worrying about any of that stuff.

There was one time i had a dream where i heard a word in my dream that i could swear i’d never heard before, and i looked it up and the definition fit the situation. I don’t remember ever hearing that word in life but I must have and forgotten, but just like that, it was there as if i had never forgotten it. But while in the dream it’s as if i just knew what it was and i acted on it, but even after waking up i couldn’t remember, and had to look it up.