42%
 42%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 33

Author  Message 
Mecha
Symbiont Dreamshaper
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Sun 25 Nov, 2012  Reply with quote

Mecha: *to Leijona* Blame! is my all-time favorite manga, and is on the list of my favorite fictional works. (this coming from a guy who dislikes anime/manga in general) I've liked some of his other works too. Biomega is pretty good, even if the protagonist is a near carbon copy of Killy. (Nihei really likes to recycle concepts I've noticed...) Abara... is confusing as anything, but awesome. (really, really conveys a sense of speed during fights) *to CyberD* You are correct. The other mech game was Mechwarrior Online, which turned out to be something of a disappointment for me. (far too similar to World of Tanks and not enough of the classic Mechwarrior feel) I haven't actually gotten a chance to try Hawken yet, but I'd best hurry before the current beta ends. (curse you Planetside 2 for providing yet another time sink!)

Morph: *to CyberD* I've lost track of how many Koco has too. XD There are 7 MCs in Mecha's head. I think living in a large family helped train him to be able to keep track of us all.

Sai: *to Leijona* Congrats on the LDs! ^_^ *to Avalonia and TheWistfulHermit* Hi there! *to Orionella* Welcome! I'm sure Orion can show you around the place.

Morph: *suspicious eyes* Is she an Orion clone?

Skaith: Am I a Morph clone?

Morph: ...Good point. *even more suspicious eyes* Is she an Orion clone?

Skaith: Hey!

Vesper: In other news we're building a new mindscape together. It's really big and empty at the moment, but we're starting to make a little progress on it.

Charlie
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Mon 26 Nov, 2012  Reply with quote

Me: Uh, hello! Sorry for barging in and everything. I'm new to ld4all and to the whole character thing. I really didn't intend to make one, but I was reading about them and he kind of just...happened. meh

Mink: Doesn't everybody?

TheWistfulHermit
Location: Somewhere between reality and fantasy...next to Bill's Auto Repairs

PostPosted: Mon 26 Nov, 2012  Reply with quote

Avalonia (aka Avy): (@Sheela) By definition: yeah.

Avy: (@cyberD) Heh, I appreciate the compliment. I'm always called cute by everyone. C:

Me: (@cyberD) Yeah, it's always great to join a friendly forum after months of not being on one. Is it really true that there's only monsters and crazy people or is that just the majority? Although I could create a pony character, I'm unable to for some reason. I guess I just like trying to create original characters. Although that's kind of a shallow reason, I admit. I actually had a dream a few days ago; possibly a lucid dream (although a weak one). I won't go into much detail but I was trying to find Avy; trying my best to make her appear through multiple methods. Unfortunately, I woke up. Even so, I don't blame her for not appearing. We both know that it'll take some working to do before either of us get the hang of it.

Avy: On a different subject, has anyone ever heard of Welcome to the NHK? My master and I are currently watching the first episode and so far, it's quite neat.

Me: Yeah, it really is.

CrazyPsychoLoverly
Somniologist
Somniologist
LD count: 13:)

PostPosted: Tue 27 Nov, 2012  Reply with quote

Psycho: Hello Everyone! Sorry we've been gone! just got a new computer, then went to vegas were internet is crappy (in the hotel i was in at least:P).

Tallis: I actually enjoyed Vegas. First time going for me:p*to Gan* I'm trying to hang in there:( just kidding, I'm pretty much use to the abuse now:P haha I would love to have other people than me see this. * to Jet* haha I will keep that in mind ebil
*To Morph* haha I could imagine.... except I didnt think Mecha was a bronie. How does Crysar Intimidating to Mecha? I guess that's a question for Mecha or Crysar, but it doesn't matter who anwsers:P HI TheWistfulHermit and Avalonia:) Now may I ask what Avalonia is? And Congrats to Koco:) Hi Orianella:) Also, hello Charlie and Mink:)

Psycho: I'm scared 0.0 *To CyberD* Yes I'm still growing piranha plants:) however because it's a mindscape, I hardly ever let them grow to wild..... only sometimes to freak out Tallis:P Aw yes newcomers:) HELLO everyone:) Congradulations Bassa:) Hav fun with your new Charater:) Okay I think I missed something, *to TWH* who's Avy?

Psycho:.... Dear god that was alot of writing:P

Tallis: I agree....

Psycho: You agreeded with me? ITS THE AP....

Tallis: O shush woman...

Psycho:....

Tallis: On another note, I forgot to ask Charlie what Mink is:)

Psycho: Dear God:P

Current LD goal(s): To summon the right person, and have a conversation with them
TheWistfulHermit

Me: Avalonia is an anthropomorphic "alien" fennec fox, rather a short and cute one. Although she also has a Seburo pistol whenever she's in danger or when she's on a mission of some sort.

Avy: And how I love my pistol~!

Me: I won't go into much detail about her since it should be on the recent CALD thread. Also, Avy is a nickname that I gave to Avalonia since it may sound strange (then again, that's what you get when you name a character after an ancient continent with the name being semi-related to the apple-populated Avalon of King Arthur legend)

Avy: Hehe. I don't mind at all. smile

Leijona
long time lurker
Astral Explorer
Leijona has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 90

Leijona: Why am I watching Christmas song videos...

Gan: *to Nova* Donít even get me started on the pony tulpas... *to Psycho* Welcome back! *to Leijona* Why donít we go to Vegas?

Leijona: *to Gan* Because itís basically on the other side of the globe, silly. *to Nova and Morph* Guys, itís not that difficult xD Koco has now five MCs, just like I do. *to Nova* I havenít had a lot of focus in my last LD either. *to Mecha* What struck me the most was the perspective together with the incredible amount of detail, havenít read any manga which came even close to this. Huh Iíve read some discussion threads after finishing Blame! and people also talked about other works of Nihei, speculating if some of them are pre/sequels to Blame! as the main character was pretty much identical with Killy lach1 *to Avy* Nope, never heard about it. Whatís it about?

Neila: Hi Charlie and Mink! *waves*

Gan: *to Mink* I kind of ďjust happenedĒ, so youíre not alone.

Neila: *to TheWistfulHermit (can I just shorten it to Hermit or something?)* Thatís quite a story behind her name! And congrats on the LD, was not your first one I guess?

Gan: Well we have at least one monster here in our mindscape. *pokes Kubiku* ... This is not fun, youíre not even reacting.

Kubiku: Iím not here to amuse you.

Gan: Yeah I know. *shrugs*

Kubiku: Then what was the point? ... Wait, let me guess: You didnít have any.

Gan: Yep.

Iron: *to TheWistfulHermit* Other than Kubiku thereís no one here who would qualify for "monster", unless you think of a guy with panther tail and ears, a winged woman and an anthro leopard as monsters. *points at Gan, Neila and Sheela* But of course Gan falls in the "crazy" category.

Gan: Iím unique! crazy2

Iron: And now youíre just acting.

Sheela: Iím scared. nodnodwinkwink

Current LD goal(s): visit an abandoned place
Charlie
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

Mink: (@Psycho) Mink Herras, aerospace engineer, inventor, starship pilot, monster-fighter, lady-killer, not a half bad ballroom dancer...

Me: I think she means your species.

Mink: Believe it or not, fair maiden, I am only human.

Me: Can you believe I tried to make him shy? Actually, he's nothing like the original concept. I guess they kind of evolve on their own.

Mink: Why don't I have cool animal parts?

TheWistfulHermit

PostPosted: Wed 28 Nov, 2012  Reply with quote

Me: (@ Neila) Sure, I don't mind being called Hermit or anything else. Yeah, I tend to like giving my characters unique names, especially if they're from either a fantasy or sci-fi world. Thanks. It wasn't my first lucid dream, I guess. One time, I gained lucidity but woke up after I was unable to move in the dream. (@ Iron) I see. I don't consider them to be monsters, personally. By that logic, Avy would be considered a monster, as well. I thought you were talking about demon creatures or something out of Monster's Inc.

Avy: (@ Leijona) It's about a 22 year old guy who ends up staying in his apartment for a long time. He's a...hikakumori (if I splet that right). Eventually, a girl and his neighbor try to help him overcome his situation. We've only seen one episode of it, so far.

fennecgirl
Somniologist
Somniologist
LD count: 14

PostPosted: Thu 29 Nov, 2012  Reply with quote

Kayleigh: Oh, hey, new people! Welcome! :D

Sorry we haven't been on for awhile, but, you know, SOMEONE *pokes fennecgirl* keeps forgetting about this site. >.>

Me: Sorry... D:

Kayleigh: Anyway, I've been having some trouble getting into fennec's dreams lately... not that that's anything new. I did it once awhile back and haven't been able to since. Why can Link do it so easily? It's not fair!

Me: Let's keep talk of the others to tulpa.info, Kayleigh... >.>

Kayleigh: Why? I'm still talking about stuff related to lucid dreaming!

Current LD goal(s): To learn basic dream control
TheWistfulHermit

PostPosted: Fri 30 Nov, 2012  Reply with quote

Me: (@Kayleigh) Thanks. It's alright, I can probably understand why.

(@fennecgirl) Tulpa.info? I actually recently joined there, although I'm still awaiting approval before I can post anything on there.

fennecgirl
Somniologist
Somniologist

Me: By the way, has anyone ever tried to enter a tulpa's/character's dream? I was going to try it last night using autosuggestion, but I ended up falling asleep before I actually got around to it. I'm going to try it again tonight, though. What would that be considered, anyway? Reverse-CALD?

Leijona
long time lurker
Astral Explorer

Gan: *to Mink* You should try to transform into an animal sometime. Besides, you can give yourself animal parts at any time you want. ^^

Iron: *to Hermit* Yeah I don't think it would be very pleasant to have a typical demon lurking around in your mind.

Sheela: But the characters of Monster's Inc. are pretty cute actually, and funny.

Gan: Besides for I-forgot-his-name. "Mister Invisible". I could just- punch him or something.

Leijona: It's a kid's movie after all. If the characters were realistic, they wouldn't be that cute. *to Avy* You got me to watch it, I like it so far.

Gan: *to Kayleigh* Leijona's DR is so disastrous at the moment that she wouldn't even notice if we were to enter her dreams. >.<

Neila: Let's just say that we should help her a bit with it.

Iron: Maybe.

Neila: Yeah maybe. A bit.

Leijona: I appreciate your bounteousness. *shakes head*

Gan: Whoa, be careful that you don't hit that possible open wound, that is, telling us to do stuff when you are too lazy to do it yourself. Just sayin'

Leijona: *to fennec* Do your characters sleep? I'm not even sure what mine are up to when I'm sleeping.

fennecgirl
Somniologist
Somniologist

Kayleigh: *to Gan* Yeah, transforming into an animal is fun! I can change into a cat whenever I want to - like right now, for instance. It's kind of cool having a second, animal form to use. I usually just stay as a human, though; it's usually easier that way.

Me: *to Leijona* Yes, and they've confirmed that they can dream. I'm not entirely sure about Liberty, my youngest tulpa, as she's only five days old, but the others are several months old and well-developed by this point, and they are fully capable of dreaming, so they say.

NumlockCube
The Cat Dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 1 semi-lucid

PostPosted: Mon 03 Dec, 2012  Reply with quote

Toper: Yo! Hi everyone, my name is Toper Ciggers! Hope to see you around..

Leijona
long time lurker
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Mon 03 Dec, 2012  Reply with quote

Leijona: Well, that was a quick success, two LDs in one night. And I managed to summon Neila.

Neila: *to Gan* Me, you heard? Not you. tounge2

Gan: Yeah yeah, whatever. Not my fault that she focused too much on visualization rather than the actual summoning, and you were just lucky that she tried it with you first.

Leijona: And a CALD tonight with an unknown DC, which puts both of you to shame. tounge2

Neila: Yeah yeah whatever.

Gan: Hey, I have the copyright to this phrase!

Neila: You wish you had! lach1

Iron: I think there are still little bits of RL logic barriers around, otherwise Gan would have been able to just appear next to Leijona, instead of Leijona using an actual method for summoning him.

Gan: *to Kayleigh* Another feline shapeshifter! For me itís the opposite, most of the time I use my panther form when weíre practicing imposition/imagining IRL.

Leijona: *to fennec* Hmm, so if they sleep while you are dreaming yourself, then if you have a CALD or a dream with them in it, they basically have a SD with you? I think I need to have a talk with my own MCs over their nightly activities.

Neila: Hi Toper and NumlockCube, welcome to the Chat!

print