The DC awareness experiment

If you can agree that you’re not real, and simply a manifested ego, then it may be possible to summon a DC personality. By this I mean, bring them into existence on a conscious level of awareness. Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID) would theoretically be the outcome.

However, I’m suggesting that it wouldn’t be a hindrance to the original self. In the case of most people, DID is usually manifested through violent or sexual child abuse. The undeveloped mind of a child cannot process this, therefore, the mind becomes fragmented.

The idea is simple really - If we can establish a close relationship with a DC - we should be able to awaken them into our reality. Empowering them to experience consciousness as we do. I’m quite sure people have already done this, unintentionally. If it’s true though, the possibilities are endless.

I’m not denying the risk factors - of course. Most DID patients associate their alters (personalities) with blackouts due to unconsciousness. They are also known for harming the physically body, in some cases. The negative experiences people have though - again - are based on memory fragmentation. The outcome of serious childhood abuse. In the case of a mentally healthy adult, I think personality alteration could be extremely beneficial.

At this point I don’t have an absolute method for achieving this goal. I’m hoping that people will actively engage with personal experimentation, and report their results. I would assume that the best method though - for empowering a DC consciousness shift - would be talking to them about your intentions. Making a DC personality believe it’s possible may be the only necessary step - for full self actualization.

This sounds a lot like tulpae, just a different way of creating them. A tulpa is essentially a second consciousness - fully conscious and sentient - which is (usually intentionally) created by the host consciousness. Tulpae may reside in a “wonderland” (a world created within the host’s mind) and can be imposed on reality. Communication is fully possible, usually via mindvoice (your “thought voice”).

It sounds like your experiment, rather than resulting in DID, would simply be a new method of creating a tulpa, by “promoting” a DC to tulpa status, rather than creating one from scratch.

Interesting - I wasn’t aware of this concept previously. I’ve looked into it, and I have to disagree with you. My hypothesis relies on thought form - yes - however, the DC itself isn’t “ascending” to some place in the mind. The concept of a Tulpa relates to the materialization of thought.

In my humble opinion, the possibility for fragmentation already exists. By helping another ego within the mind self actualize, you aren’t necessarily materializing anything. Simply - internally self replicating - as you yourself don’t exist outside your mind in the first place.

I believe materialization requires an external form of energy, even in an illusory ego tunnel. As you could clearly test this theory by simply asking anyone if they can interact with your said object/entity.

Actually, that’s not true. It’s not possible to interact with somebody else’s tulpa. The “imposition” onto reality is simply a hallucination. A tulpa, by definition, is another consciousness, residing entirely within the host’s mind.

Unless you take a metaphysical perspective, which most tulpaforcers don’t, actual materialization of a tulpa is impossible.

Let me give you an example of what I’m striving for here. Say you manifest such an ego. Would it then be possible to trade places with it? By this I mean; force a transition to the point of complete and total ego alteration.

Allowing a programmed entity to take full control of your conscious reality, therefore sharing the burden of ordinary life. This is why I originally concluded that DID would be the result of any such testing.

Tulpa - itself - seems fascinating, but isn’t necessarily what I have in mind here. I’m talking about a shift in permanent conscious reality. Imagine what it’d be like to exist within a dream - almost all the time. For all we know that’s already the case…

It is possible. Possession - and eventually switching - can be achieved with enough practice and dedication (and the host’s consent).

During possession, the tulpa takes control over the body. While the host is still in the body, he or she allows the tulpa to take control (taking a “backseat”, essentially). One of my tulpae and I are currently training for possession (actually, that’s on hiatus for now, but that’s another story), and he is currently able to control my hands and even my arms somewhat.

Switching is essentially full-body possession + dissociation. Not only does the tulpa take full control over the body, but the host is then either imposed onto reality in a tulpa-like state or sent to the wonderland (or mindscape, or whatever you prefer to call it), putting him or her in a state similar to a lucid dream. I know of at least a few hosts who are able to switch with their tulpae, including one host and tulpa who have even decided on a permanent switch.

While switching isn’t a particularly common goal among tulpae and their hosts, it is entirely possible.

You’re officially my favorite tulpa…err…I mean person in the world right now!

Really? Thanks!

This thread got incredibly interesting. The human mind never ceases to amaze me.

I have a friend who believes that he can switch bodies with something along the lines of a guardian angel. He even described it as “taking a ‘backseat’.” I don’t know exactly how it happened, but it could possibly be a mix of a tulpa and DID, due to occasional perceived possession by a demon. Now with this information about tulpae it became even more interesting. Very fascinating.

Of course I won’t talk about this to his face… that would just be insulting to his beliefs. Sorry if I’ve insulted anyone here already. :meh:

Back in the day - when I was religious - I actually believed I was being attacked by demons during SP. In my opinion, people frequently relate any unknown experience with the negative aspects of their belief system.

This also reminds me of Pierro Ferucci’s exercises in What We May Be.

He noted that everybody is a little bit “at war” with themselves, with impulses pitted against plans, emotions against reasons, etc.

What he encouraged was a dis-identification of those aspects of a personality (like making a tulpa, or making an imaginary friend of a dream character) BUT also mastering the point that these aspects are re-integrated.

But, re-integrations seemed to speak more to personal development rather than dissociative identity, or paranormal possession. With dis-identification you’ve talked your “logical self” into being less critical of your “creative self”; when you re-identify that part of yourself, you’re saying, 'Okay, now it’s time to be logical without stymieing my creativity."

It’s another similarity, but I’m guessing what was proposed was still something very different. Lucid dreaming during waking hours while your alter ego lives your actual waking life? I’m afraid I can’t trust any other part of myself so much. :tongue:

Come on now, let’s have a personality party! Everyone should come out to play - all at once maybe? Yeah…I think so…HA HA HA!!!

Indeed, the greatest question in any lucid dreaming endeavor: Why so serious? :wink: