I DON'T KNOW!?
42%
 42%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 33

Author  Message 
TheWistfulHermit
Location: Somewhere between reality and fantasy...next to Bill's Auto Repairs

PostPosted: Mon 03 Dec, 2012  Reply with quote

Avy: (@Leijona) Really? I didn't knew I would get someone to watch it with just a simple description. We've actually haven't seen much of it. We've been watching other titles like Bubblegum Crisis, Galaxy Express 999, Captain Harlock, Lupin the Third, Tenchi Muyo, etc.

Me: Yeah. My parents were willing to try out a one week trial for Hulu Plus so I'm not sure whether they're interested in it or what. I do like the fact that they have more of a variety of anime titles to choose from (especially from around the 60s-90s). (@Toper) It's nice to meet you.

Avy: (@Toper) Welcome.

Me: I just have a question for anyone to answer. Would it be appropriate to call Avy a tulpa, even though I created her using the CALD method? I would assume "no" since, well, slightly different methods and all.

NumlockCube
The Cat Dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 1 semi-lucid

Toper: Argh, "Toper" is a terrible name. This idiot came up with it. Change it to Jeremy damnit."
Me: Ok... Hello "Jeremy"...

CrazyPsychoLoverly
Somniologist
Somniologist
LD count: 13:)

Psycho: Well a couple of us are turning are CALD characters into tulpa. The begining proccess of both are similar. Create your charater/tulpa and communicate with them. CALD characters are specific to dreaming. Tulpa are just one step above where you impose them into our reality. Ive heard that some can take there tulpa into lucid dreams, and some that become lucid because they see there tulpa (kinda like CALD was oringaly for). Hope that helped. Oh and hi NumlockCube and Jeremy:)

Tallis: Can I ask?

Psycho: Must you?

Tallis: Yes. What is Jeremy? race wise I guess the proper term...

Psycho: *Face Palm*

Current LD goal(s): To summon the right person, and have a conversation with them
TheWistfulHermit
Location: Somewhere between reality and fantasy...next to Bill's Auto Repairs

PostPosted: Tue 04 Dec, 2012  Reply with quote

Me: (@Psycho) Alright. I was just worried since I was wondering whether I should call Avy as such. At the moment, I'm fine if she doesn't suddenly appear via hallucinations. I mean, I am talking to her and all that but...um. I guess it's just me since from what I've read, how long you think something will take has an effect on the tulpa process. I'm just simply taking things easy, really. Besides, I can feel her presence at certain times, especially when we go outside and walk around the backyard.

Avy: It's really fun hanging around with him.

ME: Heh, I should be the one saying that. I'm actually considering working on another character of mine before we go to an upcoming Christmas party at one of my parent's workplace (which is a nice resort not too far from where I am). It actually has a nice little arcade that I would love to show the two when we're there. The most interesting games they have there are Ace Driver: Victory Lap and Puzzle Fighter.

CyberD
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 17

Me: We get distracted and fall behind. So much typing so little time. I guess I should give Nova a go since I'm the one who does all of the talking everywhere else.

Nova: So what have you guys been up to? Hi to all the new members who are giving CALD a go, hope you guys have some luck with it.

Me: Just be persistent and you'll get results.

Nova: We really haven't had any lucid dreams recently. Not to say we haven't been recording the normal ones though. Compared to six months ago Daniel is having way more dreams. A year ago he didn't even realize he had dreams so it's a lot of progress. Last night we had at three and probably more. Sadly all of his old school friends keep appearing instead of me.
@TheWistful Hermit. We're kinda behind on anime at the moment. We've heard of a couple of those titles but haven't watched any of them. The last anime we watched would have been Stein's Gate. That was a fun one, time travel always is. The only anime Daniel's ever watched from the 60's to 90's would be the 80's version of Astroboy. Not a lot of anime ages well and it's difficult to find, especially since hulu isn't an option for us.
Tulpa is just a title. It's kinda like calling a person a human. The only real difference is the goals, whether or not you're looking for sentience. Tulpa really is just a fancy name for characters and I could go by both. Psycho got it pretty much spot on. Don't worry too much about time, it takes as long as it takes. Imposition is tricky and you shouldn't measure your success based on it.
The longer you spend with your character the better. It's the same for Tulpa and CALD. The more time you spend working with them the stronger their presence in your life becomes.
@leijona. It's good to hear you're having some good LD's. But is it really a CALD if you don't know the character?
@Fennec. Reversed CALD? I don't know if we'd ever get that to work since I don't ever fall asleep. If your tulpa fall asleep then I don't see why not though. Maybe it'd be like a WILD technique? With the tulpa as the object of focus keeping you aware while you enter the dream?

Me: It makes my head hurt just trying to figure it out. Shared dreaming with a tulpa via WILD is the best I can do.

NumlockCube
The Cat Dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 1 semi-lucid

Jeremy: What's your favourite food? Mines brownies!

fennecgirl
Somniologist
Somniologist
LD count: 14

PostPosted: Wed 05 Dec, 2012  Reply with quote

Me: *to Nova* That could work. Honestly, though, I've always been a bit afraid to try WILD because of sleep paralysis. I'm going to try using autosuggestion first. Before that, though, I should probably start updating my DJ regularly again... my recall's not the best these days, to be honest. ^^;

Kayleigh: Yeah, you haven't updated your dream journal in HOW long?

Me: Um... well, apart from the one LD I had a couple weeks ago, I'm not really sure...

Kayleigh: By the way, I should also try getting into fennec's dreams again. I never figured out how to, and I haven't really been trying lately...

Current LD goal(s): To learn basic dream control
CrazyPsychoLoverly
Somniologist
Somniologist
LD count: 13:)

PostPosted: Fri 07 Dec, 2012  Reply with quote

Psycho: Hey GUYS guess what? Guess WHAT!

Tallis: Calm down you psycho.... Oh wait.... Anyways, Psycho finally had a dream that I was in. Bout damn time you saw me:P

Psycho:...... It would be easier if you would have just come up to me like this one:P

Tallis: That would have been to easy;D

Psycho: *to fennec* lol I read your post after going to do my dream journal, and realizing that I haven't posted on there for 5 months ._.

Tallis: It's your own fault and Lazyness

Psycho: I know...

Tallis: *to Jeremy* hmmmm mine is mac and cheese :)

Psycho:.... Weirdo.

Current LD goal(s): To summon the right person, and have a conversation with them
fennecgirl
Somniologist
Somniologist

Kayleigh: *to Tallis* That's great! Congratulations on finally finding your way into one of Psycho's dreams! I still haven't found a way into fennec's dreams, except for that one time... yeah, I guess I need to work on that some more still.

Me: On a related note, I did briefly see Link in a dream last night. However, I could hardly remember the dream (it was just a vague fragment), and he said he couldn't remember any dreams from last night; I also had the feeling it was definitely one of my dreams, not his, so I think I can say that my reverse-CALD attempt last night wasn't quite successful. Oh well, hopefully I'll have better luck tonight.

By the way, if anyone's wondering why I chose Link instead of Kayleigh for this, it's because he's the only one of my tulpae that I accidentally share dreams with already, so I figured that might make it a bit easier.

Leijona
long time lurker
Astral Explorer
Leijona has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 90

Leijona: Word wall! D:

Gan: On another note, it's been snowing here all day!

Kubiku: Snowball fight, take two?

Neila: Oh god please don't...

Leijona: It took me twice the time that I usually need to get back from school to home today. -_-

Gan: And you like snow, and it's beautiful, and we've already talked about this today. *to Avy* We have a very easily distracted human here, that's why she started to watch that anime.

Leijona: *to Nova* Umm, I guess you're right. Seems like I took the name too literally this time.

Gan: *to Jeremy* Favorite food? Hmm...I love fish, but my favorite food is probably cakes and cookies.

Neila: *to Kayleigh* Good thing you mentioned DJ, Leijona still has to type down the entries for this whole week I think. *to Tallis and Psycho* Congrats! Wish you two the best of luck to hopefully meet up in a dream again soon ^^

Current LD goal(s): visit an abandoned place
fennecgirl
Somniologist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Wed 12 Dec, 2012  Reply with quote

Link: Hi everyone... my host wanted me to post something here. I'm Link; I'm one of her tulpas. I guess you already know my host and Kayleigh, right?

I'm not here to help my host with lucid dreaming, but I guess she wanted me to post here because we do share dreams now and then. We did last night, actually.

I don't really know what else to say. I'm not great with introductions.

Mecha
Symbiont Dreamshaper
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Thu 13 Dec, 2012  Reply with quote

Mecha: The last two weeks or so have been crazy, what with the family business moving locations and the miniature nightmare of getting internet connectivity at the new office. But I return! (yet again)

Sai: *to Morph* Any bets he vanishes for another two weeks after this post?

Morph: I'd give it 2:7 odds he stays. XD

Sai: *to Tallis* Hey, congrats! It's always cool to get to appear in a dream. *turns head* And to all you new people, Hi!

Mecha: *to Tallis* Question was asked a while ago but I'll go and answer it before Morph does and puts his unique spin on things. (seriously, he and Crysar are always at it with each other when they interact. It's all in good fun though) In the one dream Crysar's shown up in, he just had an incredible presence. He's intimidating in the same way a very large guard dog might be, or a tame lion/tiger/bear. You know that they're not going to hurt you or anything, but you still afford them a certain measure of respect all the same. Outside of dreams, he still has his own unique presence and stays a strong part of the mindscape even though he very rarely interacts with myself or the others.

Aiden: Hi all! *to Jeremy* My favorite food is... *ears fall down as he thinks* hmm... ah... Do I have to choose? XD *backflips* I like chicken and fish and fruit and chocolate (Aiden: why is Mecha grimacing like that? Sai: He's just an odd person that dislikes chocolate, that's all) and french fries and ice cream and turkey and cheesecake and zucchini casserole and-

Sai: *laughs gently* I think we get the idea little brother. As for myself, I like chicken and fish. (I wonder, does being a humanoid predatory bird have something to do with that?)

Morph: Mmmm, chocolate... grin

Skaith: You're doing that to deliberately annoy Mecha, right?

Morph: I will neither confirm nor deny such allegations at this time.

Mecha: Just so long as it's the flavor of chocolate you like and not chocolates themselves. The one I can understand perfectly, the other... *shivers*

Morph: O_o lach2

Vesper: I like Chinese.

Skaith: Mexican!

Morph: Really? Didn't know that before.

Skaith: I like things spicy. smile

AVE: Low voltage alternating current.

Vesper: I think that question only applies to organics and not AI's dear. *to Crysar* How about you?

Crysar: No comment.

Vesper: *pokes*

Crysar: ...

Vesper: *pokes again*

Crysar: ...

Vesper: *begins rapidly poking with both index fingers*

Crysar: ...Chicken. And sometimes, annoying girlfriends.

Vesper: Sorry, you're on a no-girlfriends diet I'm afraid. lach1 But since you like chicken, want to grab some Chinese with me? *smiles*

Crysar: *nods* Very well.

Sai: *to Morph as she watches them leave* You know, I don't think I'll ever get that pair. eh

Morph: Hey, she's your sister, not mine. *realization dawns* Hey, did he just crack a joke back there? *runs after them* WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH CRYSAR!?

CyberD
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 17

PostPosted: Fri 14 Dec, 2012  Reply with quote

Me: I feel so lazy not posting for over a week.... or has it been two. I'm getting way to lazy and there are no excuses for that. You don't get dreams by being lazy. Though I did have a LD the other day where once again I spent the whole time looking for Nova. It seems to be a trend in my lucids. Always searching with maybe a one in three chance of actually finding him. Lots to learn.

Nova: Yay, now I get to do all of the talking. It's kinda weird how we fall into complacency. You put in a little less effort everyday and suddenly your weeks behind where you should be. You guys get to talk about snow but it's really starting to heat up here, by my standards. I've never done a summer before but I don't mind the heat, doesn't affect me at all.

Me: I wonder why....

Nova: Maybe it has something to do with my name, or that I don't have a body to overheat. I have no clue why we're talking about favourite foods but okay. Let's see. Thinking about I don't really have a favourite. I don't eat much but chocolate icecream is good. On a stick is better, especially when I eat it while Daniel is working. Gotta be goofy sometimes you know. Tonight I wanna try and get Daniel to try a WILD. We haven't had much luck with it but a real serious attempt might help. You don't learn anything if you don't try and what is the worst that could happen.

Me: @Fennec. It really isn't something to be afraid of. When I first heard of sleep paralysis much earlier this year (before Nova even existed) I tried it out like a little kid learning something new. While the dream I ended up having after falling asleep lasted about 5 seconds I still remember it now. That experience taught me that being motivated really helps and being misguided lets you lie still during sleep paralysis way to interested in what is happening to actually go to sleep.

Nova: So are any of you guys going to do anything for Christmas. I'd love a present but I dunno how I'd actually be given anything. Christmas is a funny day. Everyone gets way too worked up over it.
@Psycho. Nice work, now that you've seen him you have no excuse not to keep dreaming. It sounds like it was great motivation.

Leijona
long time lurker
Astral Explorer
Leijona has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 90

PostPosted: Sat 15 Dec, 2012  Reply with quote

Leijona: *gasp* How on earth can anyone not like chocolate? :O I donít understand your logic with the flavor and chocolate itself, care to explain, Mecha?

Gan: Yeah chicken is good too. Mmm now Iím hungry.

Leijona: I should probably eat something.

Gan: Yes please, do so. Oh yeah, and hi Link! Leijona doesnít have many dreams with us in them latelyÖ

Leijona: *to Nova/CyberD* How did the WILD go?

Gan: *to Nova* Not anything in particular. Weíll just keep her some company if the family meeting and dinner and all gets a bit boring (that being said, Iíll probably be bored sooner than she will). Maybe Iíll persuade Leijona to give me some sort of present, even if itís just symbolic.

Leijona: *to Nova* Yes, agreed. Fortunately I at least donít need to worry about presents for my friends, as weíve decided not to make gifts to each other.

Current LD goal(s): visit an abandoned place
TheTinyNinja
Freelance Ninja
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 6

PostPosted: Sun 16 Dec, 2012  Reply with quote

Jet: *waves hello to Jeremy and Link* Nice to meet you both smile

Kaeli: Let's see, what's the current topic of conversation? Favorite foods? Hmm. I don't really know if I have a favorite food? I like to try lots of different things. (And you can add me to the list of people who like Chinese food! There's this one spicy beef dish TinyNinja tried once... yum yum). Jet I think likes cookies, I'm not exactly sure what kind.

Jet: All kinds! Although I love peanut butter cookies a lot, and almond cookies, and you can't go wrong with a nice chocolate chip...

Kaeli: Yeah. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that her favorites are peanut butter cookies. I seem to remember her going nuts over a box of them once, now that I think about it.

Jet: Aviv? What about you? ... Do you even eat?

Aviv: No.

Kaeli: Okay, I guess that settles that... *to Nova* TinyNinja promised us some mindscape Christmas this year--it'll be the first year that she does something for it with us. Jet is bouncing with excitement over here *chuckles*. I'll be honest, I don't really understand Christmas? It's not something I remember ever experiencing before. Jet assures me I'll like it, though.

Jet: *to fennecgirl* That's so cool that you share dreams with Link sometimes! I wish TinyNinja would share my dreams. Dreams are such awesome things!

Me: I never even thought about trying a reverse CALD, to see if I could share a dream with one of my characters. I'll have to give that a try--it sounds intriguing.

Kaeli: *to Psycho/Tallis* Congrats on meeting in a dream! I think the only one of us who's met TinyNinja in a dream is Aviv. He says that it's easier and easier after the first time or two.

Current LD goal(s): Meet my mind characters in a dream.

print