EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 127
LD4ALL 23rd Anniversary Party

Lucidity Challenge 36: Winner- HeadInTheClouds! Congrats!

Author  Message 
Rhewin
Who is The Doctor?
Local Moderator
Rhewin has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: 349
Location: In the not too distant future... somewhere in time and space

PostPosted: Tue 04 Dec, 2012  Reply with quote

OK, we hit the magic number! I'll get the first task up on Wednesday since I don't want to wait all the way until next Sunday. We still have room for 7 more in the meantime if anyone else is interested.

Current LD goal(s): Defeat Xander in our lucid duel!
StarryGwee
Meeep meep
Dream Deity
StarryGwee has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 100+

PostPosted: Wed 05 Dec, 2012  Reply with quote

1. EllyEve, 5 minutes, interview a DC
    2. Leijona, 3 minutes, go to a "ghost town"
    3. MagykKatte, 5 minutes, time-travel
    4. Thorn, 4 minutes, control a fifth limb
    5. Loah, 10 minutes, interact with mysterious twin sister.
    6. HeadInTheClouds, 3 minutes, Ask my reflection in the mirror "who is the fairest of. them all?"
    7. Dragonmind, 3:00, spawn at least 3 objects
    8. elnaureth, 5 minutes, bring back a musical composition
    9 Nicklebrick, 30 minutes, Find something in a Lucid Dream that does not exist in WL but can be created.
    10. zz, 4 minutes, visit another planet.
    11. DaveTheJoker, 1 minute, talk to a DC about lucid dreaming
    12. fennecgirl, 3 minutes, fly the TARDIS
    13. StarryGwee, 6 mins, ask a DC bout their first memory/or where they came from

Current LD goal(s): Visit: Imladris, Lothlůrien, Hobbiton.
Rhewin
Who is The Doctor?
Local Moderator
Chat Mods
Scribes

PostPosted: Thu 06 Dec, 2012  Reply with quote

The first task will be up later tonight, so everyone get ready! To get you guys ready, let me give you a quote from the first LC I hosted ^^

Rhewin wrote:
The Tasks
I've tried hard to come up with tasks that are easy enough to do for beginners but still can give the advanced people a challenge. Some tasks will be worth more points than others, and some will be easier than others. In the end I want it to be a level playing field for anyone, and no one should feel too secure whenever they have a huge lead in points. All it takes is one good dream to jump from having nothing to being near the top!

However, I really don't want you to be worrying about points the whole time. It is my sincere wish that you enjoy these tasks and that they give purpose to your lucid dreams. The points couldn't really matter in the least as long as you have a good time and come out of this feeling like you accomplished something. So don't fret about your score, do what seems right and what seems like fun. In the end, that's what the LC is really about ^^

How to prepare
Once you know what a task is, try to mentally prepare for your next dream. Think about your plan of attack. When you do your RC's (and find you're awake), think to yourself "if I was dreaming, I would do [insert task here]." Also, daydreaming about the task is a great way to keep your mind focused on it. If you don't have an LD, the chances of you doing it in an ND go way up, and you won't have to sit around wondering what to do if you start out a little disoriented in an LD. Good luck!

The first task will be up tonight at 05:00 GMT (that's 5:00am on a twelve hour clock; 12 am EST for those of us in the USA)

drow
Sneaky One
Novice dreamer
Chat Mods

1. EllyEve, 5 minutes, interview a DC
2. Leijona, 3 minutes, go to a "ghost town"
3. MagykKatte, 5 minutes, time-travel
4. Thorn, 4 minutes, control a fifth limb
5. Loah, 10 minutes, interact with mysterious twin sister.
6. HeadInTheClouds, 3 minutes, Ask my reflection in the mirror "who is the fairest of. them all?"
7. Dragonmind, 3:00, spawn at least 3 objects
8. elnaureth, 5 minutes, bring back a musical composition
9 Nicklebrick, 30 minutes, Find something in a Lucid Dream that does not exist in WL but can be created.
10. zz, 4 minutes, visit another planet.
11. DaveTheJoker, 1 minute, talk to a DC about lucid dreaming
12. fennecgirl, 3 minutes, fly the TARDIS
13. StarryGwee, 6 mins, ask a DC bout their first memory/or where they came from
14. drow, 10 minutes, meet elves

Current LD goal(s): meet elves (in the center of the earth :P)
Rhewin
Who is The Doctor?
Local Moderator
Chat Mods
Scribes

Alright people, it's time to get started!

Task 1- Journey to the Center of the Earth!

What is actually beneath our feet? Dirt? Rocks? Layers of magma and an iron core? Or... or is it possible something else is down there?

Now is the time to find out! Your first task is to make your way to the core of our planet. But going to the center is only part of the fun. There are so many things you could find on the way. Mole men, lost civilizations, clues to the start of life on Earth... the possibilities are endless!

Sure, you could transport your way to the core, but what's the fun without the journey? You could make it in a lot of different ways. Maybe you'll explore an extensive cave system, or perhaps you'll invent a giant drilling machine.

Make your way underground: +20pts
Reach the center of the planet: +30pts
Find a lost/unkown species or civilization: +20pts
Find additional lost/unkown species or civilizations: +5pts per tick
Travel through the core to the other side of the planet: +15pts

Remember, I am giving creativity bonuses as well. In this task I am looking for the most creative way to get to the center, but you could also earn points for anything else that catches my eye!

Dragonmind
The American Dragon
Somniologist
Dragonmind has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 25

Almost somewhere this time! I got as far as massively speeding through a jungle by using soap shoes to grind on the vines. I almost reached a cave when my alarm woke me up to start reading 8 plays... I'm tired at this moment.

Almost forgot! There was this small and really wierd chewbacca that was in front of me. It turned around and it's head came off and ran away!
Genuinely freaked me out like the swamp monsters in Sly Cooper and the Thievous Raccoonus!

Edit: The dream lasted 1 minute, but I only remember 30 seconds.

Edit 2: The parts I remember are the LD parts, so yes, an LD!

Current LD goal(s): Such control, I can bridge to Astral Projection!

Last edited by Dragonmind on Fri 07 Dec, 2012; edited 2 times in total
drow
Sneaky One
Novice dreamer
Chat Mods

PostPosted: Fri 07 Dec, 2012  Reply with quote

Not sure if I'm supposed to paste here or not.

http://ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=692293#692293

fennecgirl
Somniologist
Somniologist
LD count: 14

Just a short LD.

Current LD goal(s): To learn basic dream control
Rhewin
Who is The Doctor?
Local Moderator
Chat Mods
Scribes

Dragonmind, was that an LD?

And yes drow, this is the right place smile

drow
Sneaky One
Novice dreamer
Chat Mods

OK ^^

WBTB after 4.5h of sleep, stayed awake for about 20 minutes, failed WILD after getting to a deep trance. I'm on the balcony of my previous house in Poland and get spontaneously lucid almost immediately. I fly out, make a slow circle over the yard and very satisfied with the vividness and lucidity. No difficulty getting above the rooftop level. Wondering how the roofs will look like from above, so flying at about 30-40 metres above the ground. They have a slightly mismatched side texture with windows spaced on a grid. I easily remember the Lucid Challenge. I continue flying around the neighbourhood for a few more minutes being quite amazed that all the buildings from real life are there and wondering how to access the center of the earth. I decide I should find an access either from a cellar of one of the buildings (I like those cellars IRL), but then I thought I'll find an elevator in one of the garages. I land next to one of them and it turns out to be the community rubbish dump building. I decide it isnít anymore, and that it has an elevator that will take me to the center of the earth. I go inside and press a wall next to me pretending it to be a switch. I hear a creaking sound and a rectangular part of the floor on which Iím standing begins to descend. The elevator was painfully slow, took about 10-15 seconds to move 1 meter down. Also itís quite dark and I feel I might get close to the end of the dream (being in one small dark place just waiting doesnít help), so I start rubbing hands focusing on them, and touching and licking walls to get sensory input from the dream to stabilise it. It seems to work, but the elevator is still going painfully slow, so I decide to accelerate time until itís done. On the bottom I find a very long well-lit tunnel. About 10m across, at least 100-200m long. I run along it curious where it leads to. I donít run too fast because I want the dream to be very stable now. At the end thereís a door to an underground train station. First I noticed 2 sets of tracks and 1 platform, but the dream must have glitched because after a while there were 3 sets of tracks and 2 platforms (I was standing on the left one looking from where I came). Itís quite busy and new trains are coming and going every minute. Each has a weird name indicated on the front (one of them was John Cash). Iím amazed that I found a train station in the center of the earth, and think it must be quite big if it needs a transport system like that! I spend a few minutes looking at the trains seeing if any has a destination Iíd like to go to. I notice (name hidden) from high school and start talking to him. He has Marvinís vibes and starts talking about programming. He starts to tell me what commands I should type, but it makes no sense and he realises that as well. I donít remember the commands, but I think they were supposed to work using the LD API of the mind. The commands used place and time as some of the arguments. I feel Iím about to wake up, so I stop the talk and focus on remembering everything and staying aware in case I get a FA. Woke up. ~20 minutes total, high lucidity all the time, high vividness all the time except the elevator bit.

Thorn
Another LD4all Dragon
cookie lover
Thorn has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: 401

PostPosted: Sat 08 Dec, 2012  Reply with quote

I had a short LD last night due to noise outside seeping into my dream. A later ND was one degree of separation away from remembering the task -- maybe next time. smile

Current LD goal(s): Get back into good LDing habits
HeadInTheClouds
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer
HeadInTheClouds has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Scribes
LD count: a lot

PostPosted: Sun 09 Dec, 2012  Reply with quote

I went underground through a cone in a ND. Ended up at some party with a whole lot of people.

Current LD goal(s): Have a LD every night; Have longer and more vivid dreams
elnaureth
Dreamsinger
Somniologist
elnaureth has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: Lost count

PostPosted: Mon 10 Dec, 2012  Reply with quote

I had a lucid moment last night.

MagykKatte has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Scribes

PostPosted: Mon 10 Dec, 2012  Reply with quote

I was lucid for about half a minute last night.

Zz
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Tue 11 Dec, 2012  Reply with quote

Was lucid for about 5 minutes this morning. Didn't remember the challenge though.

print