1 LD a day or 1 LD a week who can?

who has been able to consistently have 1 LD a day or has had 1 LD a week or any count close to that. who ever has do you mind sharing your techniques or secrets here please?

well today marks 9 ld’s in 3 months. what i do is read about dreams and think about dreams every day. then every night i wild.

I’ve read about LD for about 5 years now and haven’t started having LD until about the last year (I had 2 really short ones before I came here)
I’m really busy with work and the kids so I don’t usually have time to do any of the techniques… keep my journal updated or do RCs… so I usually have them randomly.
Since they come randomly… I don’t really have a goal in the moment and usually just fly around enjoying the feeling of everything.

Lately i’ve started back up and haven’t had one in awhile… and not many NDs that I can remember.

Do you do RCs? Do you know any of your dream signs? Do you keep a dream journal?
Have you tried WBTB?

I usually try WILD before I go to bed (only was successful once) and end up falling asleep. That helps me tell my mind that dreaming and LD are important though.

I once tried to WILD in my dream!!! I started to think that I was dreaming… the starting up of a LD where you feel a little lucid but not quite there yet… and I laid in my bed and imagined myself slowly crawling out of my body.

What helps me too is imagining myself walking through my house touching things and really really paying attention to details in my house. Imagining all of my senses working… I almost had an OBE once imagining myself playing guitar and when my body went into SP I opened my eyes with that lucid feeling but I was still in my bed.

9 LDs in 3 months is pretty good… keep it up

If I’m really motivated I can have a couple of LDs a week. What I do when I want want to have them is wake up around four in the morning, use the bathroom then go right back to sleep with the intention of having an LD. Usually all the thinking about lucid dreaming will give me an LD right then and there; it works maybe about 60% of the time. The problem is that I’m rarely motivated to get out of bed at four in the morning, plus it’s a bad idea on weekdays, so I only do this occasionally.

well pokeyokey you made me realize some things i do do and did not mention. theres some things i have been trying this past week like deep breathing meditation and relaxing my whole body until i feel tingling or a numbing sencesation then i feel a whole new awearness that i cant expain right now cuz im still new to meditation i hope thats even normal. although ive done it before i think ive only felt the ture feeling last night. also another one im trying now is a type of rc in the mirror before i go to bed and at the end i tell my self i will have a ld tonight. that worked the first night i tried it but i never have looked in the mirror much before that. i had a dream of seeing my self in the mirror after that which made me lucid. . . . . . . now for the stuff i have been doing for awhile. 1. i do write in my peronal dj every day. when i wake up even in the middle of the night, i lay still with eyes closed and think of my dream i had even though you may not remember anything at first we have many dreams each night so if u focus and get just a glimps of it u can feed off that to recall the rest even if its just one sentence write it down it will help for next time. if u dont rememer any thing after about 10 min its ok you can try again next time or you may remember something during the day. 2. my dream symbols where my nightmare figures and that worked great untill i conquerd them. then i had more realife dreams which was harder to tell. so i realized i see my girlfriend in my dreams alot so she became my dream symbol and when she wasnt there i would ask myself then where is she. i see her every day too so i missed that sighn alot. so now i just try to find something that looks odd. 3. wild i also repeat in my head before i sleep 1 i am dreaming 2 i am dreaming 3 i am dreaming and repeat as i am picturing colors fist then images in my head i do this while trying to fall asleep and do sleep and if i wake up in the middle of the night i do it again and find its much easyer i find myself self saying this a dream in my dream which gives me an ld. 4. i have tried to wake up for an hour or 2 some times and then go back to sleep and wild this has worked great but puts a dent in your sleep scedual 5. i read and think of dreams alot during the day. . . . . . well thats what i got so for hope that helps ill let you know how everything els goes. . . . . . if any one can give me any meditation tips like while i try to fall asleep that would be great.

I haven’t had a lucid dream for a long time (long story :sad: ), but when I did I was able to experience chain LDs i.e. 4 or 5 in a row every day. The key to it was waking up about an hour before the end of my sleep cycle and waiting fifteen minutes before drifting off again. I didn’t use any specific techniques but got into the mindset ‘I am WILDing’. I managed to drill this mindset in to the extent that every time a lucid dream faded, I thought ‘I am WILDing’ and a new one started.

Doing WILD before bed is not really productive. Usually one needs around 90 - 120 minutes to enter first REM cycle where we mostly dream the dreams that we mostly remember. So rather put that effort in later hours when REM comes quicker and when REM is longer…

The best technique would definitely be LL. But I am aware that we are not able to do that with daily routine and obligations that we have. So apart from actual induction techniques as MILD, WILD and others keeping positive attitude, being patient, being happy with what you achieve already, enjoying your NLD’s as LD’s and being motivated all the time is actually what makes you move forward lucidity.

Also you can make research, watch videos, read others experiences and such to keep your mind on becoming lucid…

I usually tabulate my lucid dreams by month. When I’m fully focused on lucid dreaming, I can have 10 to 20 LDs per month. The highest count I’ve ever had in a month is 25. The average is about 12 when I’m really on the ball, which averages out to be 3 per week—but, in reality, my LDs tend to be clustered. For instance, I might have one LD on a Tuesday, then 2 LDs on a Saturday morning and 2 LDs on Sunday morning and then another LD the next Thursday.

I use these techniques (usually in combination):

• Wake-Back-To-Bed
  • Trance Induction
  • Autosuggestion

I usually have two Lucid dreams a week.

Late in 2011 I was able to have about 1-2 lucid dreams a week on average for several weeks.
I noticed that I actually often had them on Thursday morning for some reason, so I eventually started to “assume” that I would have them every Thursday morning.
I think this belief meant i lot.

I definitely agree that making assumptions like that is a major key to having LDs. Whenever I don’t have to get up for work, I feel like I ‘know’ I will have lots of dreams since I won’t have to be up early, and my brain picks up on it, I think.