42%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 33

Author  Message 
fennecgirl
Somniologist
Somniologist
LD count: 14

PostPosted: Tue 01 Jan, 2013  Reply with quote

Kayleigh: It's not weird to talk to us! Oh, and welcome, by the way!

Link: Okay, now that someone else has posted, I can finally say what I've been meaning to say without double-posting. I-

Kayleigh: Link, welcome the new people first!

Link: But it's something important! And, besides, it's good news. I've decided that I have to get better, recover, and try to become a better person. I need to get past this and actually move forward with my life.

Sarah: And I'm here to help!

Link: Oh, right, this is Sarah; she's my tulpa.

Sarah: He created me to help him be happy again.

Link: The way I see it, I can either just keep on feeling worthless and miserable, try to actually do something to fix that, or... well, I could make the same mistake again that I did the other day. I'm going with the second option and hoping it really does work out. I will get better. I promise.

Sarah: And I'll make sure of that!

Current LD goal(s): To learn basic dream control
Mecha
Symbiont Dreamshaper
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Wed 02 Jan, 2013  Reply with quote

Mecha: *to Link* I'm glad you made that decision. A few years ago one of my family members was going through some pretty dark times and we were all rather scared for her. Luckily we were able to get her the help she needed and she was able to make a recovery. She still has a couple minor problems, but other than that she's happy and stable and has been able to move on with her life.

Morph: Just to let you guys know, I was wanting to elaborate but Mecha doesn't want me to.

Mecha: 1: It's bringing up some rather bad memories, and 2: I don't think she'd appreciate either of us telling the whole internet about the ordeal.

Sai: *to Link* Back on topic, I'm so sorry to hear about what happened the other day and am glad that you were able to get a second chance. *thinks* When I was newly-created I was honestly quite frightened of the power Mecha had over my thoughts and actions and its potential for misuse. I've long since come to terms with that, but it suddenly strikes me as a good thing that we can't truly 'die' so long as our memory remains in our creator's heads.

Skaith: That actually reminds me of a sci-fi novel we once read, where a weakly godlike post-singularity AI was able to remember someone with sufficient clarity and detail to reconstruct her after her suicide, complete with an intact personality and-

Sai: ...

Skaith: Wrong moment to butt in? Sorry. shy2

Sai: *sighs* Chaa, that's alright. *to Sarah* Hi there! I'm glad to meet you. Sounds like you have a pretty important job on your hands. I hope you both are able to do well. ^_^ *to Samyten and Jack* No, I haven't forgotten about you. smile Welcome! It's nothing to be ashamed of to have a MC, (or Tulpa as we seem to be calling ourselves nowadays) though I'll grant it is non-standard behavior. Unusual I think would be a better term for us than weird. Hope you enjoy your stay here! ^^

[edit:]
Aiden: Happy New Year everyone! *backflips* grin

shadowbenderZ
Snazzy Merman
LD count: 4

PostPosted: Thu 03 Jan, 2013  Reply with quote

Eliza: Uhm, hello! We're kind of new here. I'm Eliza, and this is my caretaker, mentor and Friend, Yumi.

Yumi: *waves* smile

Xander: I'm here too, you know.

Current LD goal(s): have a shared dream, Go to the Neon Forest
Leijona
long time lurker
Astral Explorer
Leijona has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 90

PostPosted: Sat 05 Jan, 2013  Reply with quote

Gan: :D Many new people! Hi to all of you, hope to see you around!

Leijona: *to Samyten and Jack* You'll get used to it in no time. Good luck with CALD smile

Gan: And uh...happy late New Year? I guess. Really late. *to Leijona* What the hell are you wasting your time with?!

Leijona: *shrugs*

Sheela: Oh GOD, she's "drawing" a full-body reference thingy picture of me-

Leijona: I want to scan it and make multiple copies, so that I can work on different accessories, styles, designs etc.

Sheela: - AND it is frickin ugly!

Leijona: Ugh, right into the artist's heart.

Sheela: It's one hell of a manly body, the anatomy is WAY off, and nothing looks even a BIT feline! >.<

Leijona: It's a sketch...

Sheela: You're not planning on re-drawing it >.>

Leijona: I'll edit it on the computer anyway if necessary.

Sheela: You bet it's gonna be necessary!

Leijona: It is a sketch! And it's my first try ever at anthro anatomy, and I can't find any reference pictures that come even close to your body type, so how do you expect me to get it right?

Sheela: But you already have a picture of me, so why do you need another one? ;_;

Leijona: It's a bust portrait, I can't really experiment with it. Calm down already...

Gan: Words can't describe how amusing the last hours were grin1 "Look at it, just LOOK AT IT! What is this, that's not me! WTF I don't look like this, the legs are fat and the upper body is way to masculine. Oh god I can't look at it, someone tell me when it's finished..." Repeat a few times, that was our afternoon. lach2

Sheela: Glad that you like it truit

Neila: *to Sai* Funnily enough, since Leijona visits the tulpa site, she has experienced a few (of course highly unrealistic and unfounded) waves of paranoia, I guess, regarding possession and this stuff. Actually, sometimes I think that this web site does, at least for us over here, more harm than good, but I might be a bit too pessimistic.

Leijona: I still like MC better, even if only because it's shorter.

Gan: Tulpa has exactly three letters more, and you need to capitalize MC.

Leijona: Doesn't matter, still shorter.

Gan: And I thought I was lazy!

Current LD goal(s): visit an abandoned place
shadowbenderZ
Snazzy Merman

PostPosted: Sat 05 Jan, 2013  Reply with quote

Miko: I don't mean to, you know, butt in, but....I don't consider myself, a...Tulpa. I just...don't. I might be, but....I don't know.

Leijona
long time lurker
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Sun 06 Jan, 2013  Reply with quote

Gan: Huhh, it's getting crowded :D

Neila: *to Miko* I apologize, but I'm losing track right now. Could you guys maybe make, I don't know, like a little list of all of you? ^^

Leijona: "Tulpa" is AFAIK not really different from being a CALD character/MC or whatever you'd like to call yourself. You don't need to label yourself, so yeah.

Gan: And don't worry about butting in, if the topic isn't obvious, there most likely isn't any at all right now. Feel free to ramble! smile

shadowbenderZ
Snazzy Merman

Miko: Oh, okay. well, there're a lot of us here, sooo.......LISTING COMMENCE!

(In chronological order of manifestation)

Monday, Yumi, Blanche, Gideon, Lydia, Xander, Nadia, Oliver, Claire, Ezekiel, Brittannie, Aina, Joel, Eliza, Karien, and finally, me.....ko. Miko.

fennecgirl
Somniologist
Somniologist
LD count: 14

Me: Oh, WOW, there are a lot of you! Anyway, yeah, you don't have to call yourself a tulpa if you don't want to; that's just a term used by those of us involved in the tulpa community. I personally prefer it because calling my tulpae characters makes it sound as if they're not real, but there's nothing wrong with it if that's what you'd prefer.

Kayleigh: Anyway, Neila, you said that the tulpa site does more harm than good for you guys? What makes you say that? I LOVE that site, personally; we all have a bunch of friends there - especially Link; he's friends with, like, everyone - and it's introduced us to new things like possession and imposition, too! Oh well, whatever suits you, I guess.

Me: You know, we should probably introduce ourselves, seeing as I just realized we haven't actually met you new guys yet. Well, welcome to shadowbenderZ and all of your friends, whatever you feel like referring to yourselves as. I'm fennecgirl, the host of our little group.

Kayleigh: I'm Kayleigh, her second oldest, and the only one who actually ever tries to help her with lucid dreaming... yet some of the others post here anyway. :I Oh, and, if you're wondering, yes, I am human; I know a few characters/tulpae here aren't. Well, I CAN shapeshift into a cat, but I'm USUALLY human.

Link: I'm Link; don't ask questions about me.

Kayleigh: Oh, come on, Link, at least tell them who you are!

Link: Fine... you know about the Legend of Zelda, right? Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask? And you know the main character, Link? That's me.

Sarah: And I'm Sarah, his tulpa.

Me: You know, maybe I should suggest to Alex and Liberty that they post here sometime... I mean, I know we've never actually discussed the idea of having them help me with LDing, and I know I never share dreams with them like I do with Link, but still...

Current LD goal(s): To learn basic dream control
shadowbenderZ
Snazzy Merman

Me: Ah, thank you for the welcome. I've been lurking for a long, long time now. to finally be a part of this is so...Coooooool....

Yumi: Wait....a Tulpa with a Tulpa?

Xander: Tulpaception.

Eliza: L-l-liiiink!?!? *Squees* I....wish I could have your autograph.....and your fierce deity mask.....

Yumi: you're MY daughter, Eliza. you're already a fierce deity.

Eliza: You adopted me.

Yumi: who told you?! OLIVER!

Oliver: why must you blame everything on me?!

Yumi: because...you're always trying to make my life miserable.

Oliver: Like you made mine? Karma, my dear Snowflake.

Yumi: Only...he can call me that. and you attacked me, first. I was only doing what any sane person would do. which is retaliate. Besides, I unlocked your latent power by doing so.

Eliza: People please! mother, I knew i was adopted from the start. and Oliver, please leave my mother alone.

Me: Sorry for the soap opera, guys........

Monday: I found it entertaining. Tune in next week for: TULPA TURMOIL! *generic piano music plays*

CyberD
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 17

PostPosted: Mon 07 Jan, 2013  Reply with quote

Me: I've been pretty lazy, hot weather and Christmas chocolate do that. It's early morning and not to hot yet so figured I'd check up on everyone here.
Seems we have quite a few new faces. Hi to ShadowBender and Samyten.
@Shadowbender. That is a lot of characters you have there. It's a little overwhelming to say the least. I've never thought about how CALD would work if you used so many characters. I guess if you can learn to recognize and associate all of them with dreaming then it could work out well.
@Samyten. It's something you'll need to get used to. You don't actually have to talk out loud BTW.
And now I'll hand it off to the rather quiet Nova.

Nova: I'm not quiet, you're just too lazy. The heat really bothers Daniel but it doesn't bother me at all. I say bring it on, my fire powers are much stronger in the heat. @Sheela, that's a little weird ^^; but then again Daniel is more weird for basing me off some boy he's never met.

Me: Maybe we'll have to turn you into a leopard for a day... just for fun.

Nova: I can't believe you'd suggest that. @Mecha. At least Aiden isn't a leopard... right? Do you have any of your own reference pictures? I know you have some for at least one of your characters but they'd be so far buried in the topic it'd take fives to tens of minutes to find them.

Me: We don't have that long right now, it's much easier just to ask.
And like usual I have to ask this question once again. Is anyone having success with CALD lately?

Mecha
Symbiont Dreamshaper
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Tue 08 Jan, 2013  Reply with quote

Mecha: *to Nova* I really need to scan and upload some of the newer art I have for some of my characters, (Morph/Skaith in particular) but this is still my official reference sheet for Saichania, Aiden, and Vesper. (at least until I get around to revamping the appearance of the Q'Ulbrek and Alemhi races to be less humanoid and more alien, XD)

Vesper: *peers at picture* eh My face looks odd. Any way you could try drawing a new one of me too?

Sai: He's still preoccupied with the prequel story, before we're even born. (grown? created?) Best wait around until he's focusing on our story again before making that request. *looks at picture* I look just like a human with bird features tacked on. lach1 (I'm both looking forward to the changes Mecha is going to make to my appearance and somewhat wary at the same time)

Aiden: I like mine a lot. smile *backflips*

Vesper: We three are a decidedly unusual group of siblings, that's for sure.

Aiden: grin

Morph: On an unrelated note, when Mecha was going through old posts to look for that picture, I saw some old messages where Crysar was chatting normally and even using emoticons. It was like strolling through the Twilight Zone. overspannen

pokeyokey1
My5t1c Crus@1d3r
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 12ish

hee hee
PostPosted: Tue 08 Jan, 2013  Reply with quote

Pokey: Ahhh so much to read... too little time at home... maybe i'll read tomorrow at work.

Current LD goal(s): Make a phone call... watch TV
Leijona
long time lurker
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Mon 14 Jan, 2013  Reply with quote

Neila: *to Kayleigh* It indeed is interesting, we’ve found many things there we wouldn’t have thought of otherwise and have picked up some fun ideas, and the chat is pretty cool, but still: I remember that quite some time ago, someone posted here on LD4all something about how he, after joining LD4all, had problems with regular LDing, because reading about all the trouble that people have with LDing made him doubt his own ability. This is essentially what Leijona has problems with; our guess is that her mind is just really influenceable when it comes to stuff like worries and doubts. She knows better than this, but she still thinks about it. For example, two days ago something made her think about our mindvoices, and in the end we had to prove to her that our voices actually are all clear and different from each other. It’s just annoying, nothing else. *to shadowbenderZ and Miko* Good thing I asked, that are a lot of characters! ^^

Gan: *to Nova* You’ve got anything against anthro leopards, huh?

Sheela: I should be the one to defend me, not you, Gan! lach1 It’s not like it would bother me though, even if someone might not be comfortable with my form. smile

Kubiku: *to CyberD* No, sadly not. We are trying our best to help Leijona with her dream recall, but with no satisfying results. She does have interesting dreams since a few nights, but fails to remember them correctly. I’m of the opinion that mantras would be of great help for her, but they’re not going to work if she doesn’t say them herself and isn’t listening either if I do them.

Iron: It is a bit frustrating, but slowly she’s coming to realize that she has to stop with her lazy procrastination attitude, especially due to school, so we are confident that it will soon also show some effects regarding DR and LDing.

Leijona: *to Sai* If you think that this version of you looks too humanoid, then I’m curious about any new designs Mecha might come up with. :D

CrazyPsychoLoverly
Somniologist
Somniologist
LD count: 13:)

PostPosted: Fri 01 Feb, 2013  Reply with quote

Psycho: Hey everyone :D and HAIZ to the new people:) ..... so much word walls.....

Tallis: It's your own fault for being lazy...

Psycho: shuuusshhh the grown ups are talking!

Tallis: I'm older then you.....

Psycho: ..... Tenchincally no... but yeah I guess I'll give you that one....

Tallis: Your too kind *rolls eyes* So how has everyone been?

Psycho:* to CyberD* recentally I have, LD chained, all because of the idiot ^^ above me :D

Tallis: Your so mean....

Psycho: Have you seen my family? being mean and sarcastic is a sign of affection:P

Tallis: It would explain alot..... and I mean A LOT.

Psycho: Anyways... *to Leijona* One of these days you should show us pics of everyone

lach1

Tallis: Hmmm I think that's it for today, BYE

Psycho: Maybe makeing you into a tulpa wasn't such a great idea. Your more outgoing now eh

Tallis: :puh:

Current LD goal(s): To summon the right person, and have a conversation with them
Leijona
long time lurker
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Fri 01 Feb, 2013  Reply with quote

Gan: Hey Psycho and Tallis, long time no see! ^^

Neila: How are you guys doing?

Leijona: I could show you a picture of Sheela, but that would be about it. But as soon as I have (digital) pictures of all of them, I'll make sure to upload them here.

Iron: Which might take ages, considering the difficulty she has with Kubiku.

Kubiku: How many times am I going I say that, I don't care for a picture of me.

Leijona: Well but I do.

print