Awake and experienced REM

So when I was going to sleep a few days ago, I was drifting near sleep and then I could feel something touch my leg, at the time I was practicing SSILD. Then when I noticed something was touching my leg, I opened my eyes nothing was near my leg but I could see this ball in the air moving and little specks of like something near it. I thought it was scary. At that point I could not go to sleep. I honestly think I had woke up during some phase of sleep, and then was stuck in this phase because if my mind was not occupied for at least like 10 seconds, I would start to hear things that were not there and if I tried to go to sleep, things would start to get really loud so I could not even go to sleep. After a few days of being awake. I then tried to back to sleep. I noticed, that I would be relaxed really quickly and start to feel that feeling when you are about to drift to sleep. I could not sleep like I normally could, like just close my eyes and think about things. For some reason I could not do that, or nothing would happen I would just lay there. So I had to watch myself go to sleep, that was the only thing I could do, it just felt like I could not go to sleep normally but anyways, when I was drifting off to sleep I could feel my body getting really numb, and after like another 5 minutes I had entered REM sleep. It was actually very pleasant. Are we suppose to go into REM sleep in sleep paralysis, it just dont make any sense to me. I could still move while that was happening too, my eyes just started moving randomly right to left really fast and I could see these ghost flying up these black ghost and I could see a black background. Honestly I felt like your eyes, was being overclocked like what you do to a processer in a computer. And after all of that, I could move and nothing had happened after that, I had gone back to sleep normally. But I felt really really energized like I had woke up from a 20 hour sleep, it was really cool.

So are you suppose to see or feel REM sleep occuring, or was it some kind of other REM sleep process, I dont know what happened. This has never happened to me when I try WILD and stuff.

This do sounds like WILD. You were falling asleep and you start to experience hypnagogic state. If you were sleep deprived then it’s no surprise that you start to enter REM sleep so quickly. That’s the general idea with WBTB.

When you’re sleep deprived your body desperately needs REM sleep so it shuts down quickly which means that it skips all the stages of sleep that comes before REM sleep. The same thing happens while doing WBTB only the theory is a little bit different. When doing WBTB your body is already rested enough and it skips those stages that are before REM because it doesn’t need it. (relaxation, deep sleep and such)

Yes. That’s the thing about SP. You need to be paralyzed when you enter REM sleep otherwise you would act out of your dreams. So in that fine line where your body false asleep and enters REM sleep brain paralyzes the body…

So generally whenever you are in REM sleep you are under SP…

Thanks! For some reason though, I did not go to sleep while in REM, I could still move while it was going on though, I was afraid to open my eyes It probably would have been really scary. And I also felt like my eyes at the time we like warm like a electric warm, I dont know I felt some electrical type sensations

When you’re in REM it means that you are asleep. Then you were experiencing hypnagogia like I said before. From that point it’s fairly easy to achieve lucid dream…

Also those sensations that you felt are part of the hypnagogic hallucinations. When you become experienced with them they can tell you how close to LD you actually are. I suggest to experiment more with this. And don’t be afraid to open your eyes. Bad and scary things will happen only if you think that they will happen. Think about nice things and you’ll see - nice things…

Thanks, I remember you telling me to meditate. What would I have to meditate about. And how would I do it.

Well I love passive observation meditation(I’m not sure that’s the correct name for it but I will explain how to do it.)

I like it because the process alone is very simple and very good for lucid dreaming and becoming aware in general.

So you sit down, lay down or any other position that’s comfortable for you as long as you don’t fall asleep :content: you just empty your mind as much as you can. Next second of trying this that’s when magic occurs. You won’t be able to empty your mind you will become more aware of everything, of surroundings, your thoughts, feelings and everything. But that’s exactly what you need for this type of meditation.

When you start to notice all this take each and every thought, feeling or emotion and acknowledge it. So you try to quite your mind and there comes hamburger on your mind. Acknowledge it, become aware of that thought and let it go, then something else will come to your mind, school maybe. Again acknowledge it and let go, go for another though and so on.

Like I said I like this method because it completely different from those that teaches you to focus on one and only one thing. You’ll see, with few minutes into this you will achieve higher awareness.

It comes in different ways. Funny feeling I like to say. You’ll see. Practice this 2 or 3 time peer day if possible around 5 or 10 minutes. I even do it when I’m in bed. Like I said, I like the funny feeling about it and it helps me to fall asleep. And also your chances of becoming lucid later on are higher because raising your general awareness…

Good luck! :content: