Not going lucid, What am i doing wrong?

Also, maybe try SSILD after your WBTB - I don’t know about you, but it works really well for me - I’m getting an LD pretty much every other night since I started doing WBTB SSILD.

EDIT: 50th post yay! :tongue:

Could you explain to me, which technique is that and how to use it?
thanks

Lucid dream is a empty concept because i don’t know how it feels like, never had that experience, maybe thats why i find it hard to get motivation for a thing i never tried. Well i don’t know really how to get motivation.

Well, lucid dreams feel just like real life to me, except that I can change anything - there is no spoon! :content: As for SSILD, it is Senses Initiated Lucid Dream, and here is a link to cosmic.iron’s tutorial.

EDIT: link, Y U NO WORK? Can a mod fix this?

It’s extremely important that you actually believe you will succeed.
I get the impression that you are not confident enough about this and almost expect to not succeed with it, and this will dramatically affect your success rate in a negative way.
You need to know that you will eventually succeed, and assume that it will happen in the near future.

Also, you shouldn’t rely too much on techniques, you need to have a burning passion that motivates you and makes you feel strength in your own abilities to become lucid.
Tim Post, the founder of Lucidipedia, has said himself that the only thing he did in order to get his first lucid dream in a while very quickly was that he was genuinely interested in lucidity and was happily looking forward to it.
Try to make it a bit of a lifestyle as well, so that you are always extra aware about your surroundings.

You know you are on the right track if you always feel purely excited and look forward to your first lucid dreams.
And it really doesn’t matter how long it takes, your first lucid dream will be worth all the wait, even if it only lasts a couple of second the first time.
Just becoming lucid can make your day, it’s absolutely not required to have a “long, vivid dream with a lot of control” to reap the rewards, just the realization that you suddenly became lucid in a dream is exciting enough, and will boost your motivation like crazy.

And also - have some goals!
Striving for a “lucid dream” is not enough, remember that the thing that really makes lucidity exciting is that you can experience a lot of things.
So make sure to have some experiences prepared.
Although in your first lucid dreams you shouldn’t get too carried away, your first goals should be fairly simple and allow you to get used to the dreamworld - just walking around and looking at things, listening for sounds and touching things are good things to do in your first lucid dream.
It might sound like boring goals, but trust me, nothing is boring in a lucid dream, absolutely everything feels incredibly new and exciting.

Well, maybe you’re right, maybe i’m not confident enough.
My life recently has been sucking so much too, i’ve been a little
depressed, maybe thats another reason why i dont get motivated easily for lucid dreaming, although i write all of my dreams everyday on my notebook(paper) looks like the more dreams i recall the less i remember about them, when i do WBTB on weekends i always try to get motivated, but i never get really motivated maybe because of my life problems.

Well to stay motivated to get and have lucid dreams you need to learn how to enjoy non lucid dreams. Once when you start to appreciate dreams in general then LD will come easily. It may seem that this 2 are not related but thrust me, they are.

Look at it in a different way yet the same way:

You wanna be rich but you don’t wanna work - those 2 hardly came together, sometimes you might be lucky and be rich from the day you were born - you might have a talent to induce lucid dream(being natural) but if you don’t work you will lose/spend money with time - if you don’t work on your talent you won’t be successful as you could be…

At least that’s how I see it…

Good luck! :content:

Learn to like non-lucid dreams? well, my dreams are
so random sometimes so i don’t know how to appreciate them
or sometimes i don’t know how to writen them on my dream journal lol.
And barely my dreams show me something cool, most of my dreams
are based on my school for some reason. Oh forgot to mention when i do
WBTB technique i do MILD as well, but my mantra doesn’t seem strong enough
it doesn’t motivate me at all. (and sorry to overuse this word lol)

Hey guy. Im just initiating here, and i’m not avanced at all, but you should try DILD. Just think all day, the INCREDIBLE things you will do in your LD’s, and check reality constantly. I do the nose breath check. If you have not a solid reason to do LD, i’m sure you have a goal, or you like adventures or whatever. When you get motivated, you will do all. If you fail constantly with that metod, try WILD, DILD, MILD, there are a lot of technics for you. Find what you like. But motivation is most important, trust me. (I repeat: i’m a begginer)

Well i constantly do reality check, but i just look for my hands
and count fingers (not sure if that is enough tough) but as far as i read it
DILD you eventually will do a reality check in a dream, if you notice something weird you’ll get the consciousness that you are dreaming. But that seems hard
because my dreams are very random.

e.g in one dream i might be at school talking with friends etc…
and in the other night, i might be dreaming about me riding a pig and flying
to space and stuff.

So as far as i try to input my mantra, to do a reality check when i will be dreaming
i know that i will dream very random stuff, just like watching a movie.

In a nutshell - I can’t antecipate what my dream will be.

Yes! Dreams are generally random. I don’t care about that, when you start to feel happy because you are going to sleep and because you know that you will dream then dreams will have a meaning to you and motivation will not be a problem.

I started a new job 2 week ago and everything was messed up. Sleeping hours, working hours and lucid dreaming wasn’t on my mind not even the slightest. Now just out of the blue I again started to feel happy and I have this urge to dream, to remember dreams. And last night I had this amazing dream.

I will tell you about it: (not the best recall cuz I’m still getting into it)

So I’m in this somewhat hostile environment and from nowhere this men came, solider type of a men and I have a feeling that I was with someone. So they took us to some kind of hangar where the leader came.

On my surprise the leader was a not beautiful, not gorgeous woman but out of this world woman. (that’s for sure :content: ) For some reason soldiers made me to sign some papers but this woman came next to me and she looked me in the eye. The look and the eyes like I’ve never seen before. Deep, emotional, relaxing yet intense look with deep blue eyes in which I lost myself. I still held the pencil over the paper and the guard/soldier came and punched me in the shoulder - movie like punch in the shoulder. :content:

Then I decided that I need to escape but the woman… The woman, I couldn’t left without here even though she was the written enemy. Before I put my eyes down on the paper from here look I found myself somewhere else, I don’t know where, holding here for the hand and running. She had completely white hair, long, just the way I like it… :content:

You see, before this I didn’t recall any dreams (for 2 weeks) and lucid dreams weren’t even in the imagination. Because I didn’t had this feeling of wanting to have dreams to have this adventures.

Trust me, with this feeling in the mind every night I’m like:

I’m going on an adventure! (Click)

Would it be a good technique if i do a mantra saying “When i start to dream i will do a reality check” And if i do so, will i get the consciouness that i am dreaming or not? (I do a lot of reality checks now)

Oh I forgot to comment about MILD,

well I wanted to say that MILD is not saying mantra. The title of the technique mnemonic induction of lucid dreams is saying that you need to use your mnemonic memory.

Learn about mnemonic memory. LaBerge also provided the technique for developing mnemonic memory. He called it Targets. The point is for each day in a week you have 5 or 6 targets that you need to recognize through the day and do a RC when you recognize the one. The key to this was that (let’s start from monday) you have to memorize 5 targets from monday and only monday. You go through the day and you need to RC whenever you came upon the target. You do the same with tuesday and so on.

It’s usually advised to use targets only for specific day but once you learn all the targets and you develop the habit to recognize them then you can add monday targets to tuesday targets and monday and tuesday targets to wednesday and so on.

That’s one of the techniques to train your mnemonic memory. MILD is about mnemonic memory. Or to say you need to learn to recognize certain signs that will tell you whether you dream or not. You need to develop a habit to remember those task/targets…

Mantra is only a add on to this. It’s something that puts and addition message or alertness into your subconscious mind that you need to do something important. It’s nothing more then like a: “Tomorrow I need to go to store to buy a milk.”

But if your mnemonic memory is week you will probably forgot that you need to buy milk/do targets/ recognize the dream…

How mantra goes is only up to you. If english isn’t your native language I would advise to say mantra on your native language. But if you feel more comfortable with english mantra, by all means do it in english.

At last using only mantra for inducing LD’s can work but it takes much more time and dedication. Then again mantra will work better if your mnemonic memory is better - round and round we go. We always come back to mnemonic memory…

Also meditation and EFT, not to mention LL, ADA are great ways of achieving lucidity! :content:

EDIT:

[spoiler]Targets:

Monday

The next time I see myself in the mirror.

The next time I see a red car.

The next time I see an animal.

The next time I smell food.

The next time I hear music.

Tuesday

The next time I see a beautiful woman.

The next time I hear a man speaking.

The next time I write something on paper.

The next time I take off my shirt.

The next time I turn on a light.

Wednesday

The next time I feel the wind.

The next time I see a dog.

The next time I feel upset.

The next time I hear my name.

The next time I see my reflection in something other than a mirror.

Thursday

The next time I laugh.

The next time I eat lunch.

The next time I eat dinner.

The next time I push a button.

The next time I use the restroom.

Friday

The next time I take socks off.

The next time I lock a door.

The next time I feel fear.

The next time I hear music.

The next time I lay down in bed.[/spoiler]

Targets? what kind of targets?
people, objects…?

In the edit you have them under spoiler! :grin:

I know this is only tangentially related to your question, but just so you know, recalling less detail the more dreams you recall is fairly common/normal. Remembering more dreams doesn’t necessarily remembering “more”. Often it just means that many dreams were compressed into the space one would occupy, and you just think that they are separate, when in fact only the content/subject is separate. The dreams themselves may be continuous.

Wouldn’t be easier if i did this: “Next time i’ll be in my school i will get lucid” or “next time i see my classmates i’ll be lucid” or even “Next time i see my family i’ll be lucid”

since most my dreams are about my school/family

I can’t imagine to remember so much targets lol.

I just imagine a scenario from the previous day and imagine n my head what I’dredo until I’m asleep and can wander off and do whatever

Like I said before, do how you feel it’s the best but mantra is only a drop in a sea of ways to become lucid…

but that is a mantra