EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 129
Pause Time

Not going lucid, What am i doing wrong?

Author  Message 
dB_FTS
Traveler
cookie lover
dB_FTS has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 118

PostPosted: Wed 13 Feb, 2013  Reply with quote

Oh I forgot to comment about MILD,

well I wanted to say that MILD is not saying mantra. The title of the technique mnemonic induction of lucid dreams is saying that you need to use your mnemonic memory.

Learn about mnemonic memory. LaBerge also provided the technique for developing mnemonic memory. He called it Targets. The point is for each day in a week you have 5 or 6 targets that you need to recognize through the day and do a RC when you recognize the one. The key to this was that (let's start from monday) you have to memorize 5 targets from monday and only monday. You go through the day and you need to RC whenever you came upon the target. You do the same with tuesday and so on.

It's usually advised to use targets only for specific day but once you learn all the targets and you develop the habit to recognize them then you can add monday targets to tuesday targets and monday and tuesday targets to wednesday and so on.

That's one of the techniques to train your mnemonic memory. MILD is about mnemonic memory. Or to say you need to learn to recognize certain signs that will tell you whether you dream or not. You need to develop a habit to remember those task/targets...

Mantra is only a add on to this. It's something that puts and addition message or alertness into your subconscious mind that you need to do something important. It's nothing more then like a: "Tomorrow I need to go to store to buy a milk."

But if your mnemonic memory is week you will probably forgot that you need to buy milk/do targets/ recognize the dream...

How mantra goes is only up to you. If english isn't your native language I would advise to say mantra on your native language. But if you feel more comfortable with english mantra, by all means do it in english.

At last using only mantra for inducing LD's can work but it takes much more time and dedication. Then again mantra will work better if your mnemonic memory is better - round and round we go. We always come back to mnemonic memory...

Also meditation and EFT, not to mention LL, ADA are great ways of achieving lucidity! ^^

EDIT:

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

Current LD goal(s): #Find/Meet Dream Guide#
Slenerim
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Thu 14 Feb, 2013  Reply with quote

dB_FTS wrote:
Oh I forgot to comment about MILD,

well I wanted to say that MILD is not saying mantra. The title of the technique mnemonic induction of lucid dreams is saying that you need to use your mnemonic memory.

Learn about mnemonic memory. LaBerge also provided the technique for developing mnemonic memory. He called it Targets. The point is for each day in a week you have 5 or 6 targets that you need to recognize through the day and do a RC when you recognize the one. The key to this was that (let's start from monday) you have to memorize 5 targets from monday and only monday. You go through the day and you need to RC whenever you came upon the target. You do the same with tuesday and so on.

It's usually advised to use targets only for specific day but once you learn all the targets and you develop the habit to recognize them then you can add monday targets to tuesday targets and monday and tuesday targets to wednesday and so on.

That's one of the techniques to train your mnemonic memory. MILD is about mnemonic memory. Or to say you need to learn to recognize certain signs that will tell you whether you dream or not. You need to develop a habit to remember those task/targets...

Mantra is only a add on to this. It's something that puts and addition message or alertness into your subconscious mind that you need to do something important. It's nothing more then like a: "Tomorrow I need to go to store to buy a milk."

But if your mnemonic memory is week you will probably forgot that you need to buy milk/do targets/ recognize the dream...

How mantra goes is only up to you. If english isn't your native language I would advise to say mantra on your native language. But if you feel more comfortable with english mantra, by all means do it in english.

At last using only mantra for inducing LD's can work but it takes much more time and dedication. Then again mantra will work better if your mnemonic memory is better - round and round we go. We always come back to mnemonic memory...

Also meditation and EFT, not to mention LL, ADA are great ways of achieving lucidity! ^^

EDIT:

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

Targets? what kind of targets?
people, objects...?

dB_FTS
Traveler
cookie lover

In the edit you have them under spoiler! grin

Graech
Philosophic Dreamer
Somniologist
Scribes

Slenerim wrote:

Well, maybe you're right, maybe i'm not confident enough.
My life recently has been sucking so much too, i've been a little
depressed, maybe thats another reason why i dont get motivated easily for lucid dreaming, although i write all of my dreams everyday on my notebook(paper) looks like the more dreams i recall the less i remember about them, when i do WBTB on weekends i always try to get motivated, but i never get really motivated maybe because of my life problems.

I know this is only tangentially related to your question, but just so you know, recalling less detail the more dreams you recall is fairly common/normal. Remembering more dreams doesn't necessarily remembering "more". Often it just means that many dreams were compressed into the space one would occupy, and you just think that they are separate, when in fact only the content/subject is separate. The dreams themselves may be continuous.

Slenerim
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

dB_FTS wrote:

Wouldn't be easier if i did this: "Next time i'll be in my school i will get lucid" or "next time i see my classmates i'll be lucid" or even "Next time i see my family i'll be lucid"

since most my dreams are about my school/family

I can't imagine to remember so much targets lol.

Sorath1997
Sorath1997
LD count: 2

PostPosted: Fri 15 Feb, 2013  Reply with quote

I just imagine a scenario from the previous day and imagine n my head what I'dredo until I'm asleep and can wander off and do whatever

Current LD goal(s): Have a dream feel super real
dB_FTS
Traveler
cookie lover

Slenerim wrote:
dB_FTS wrote:

Wouldn't be easier if i did this: "Next time i'll be in my school i will get lucid" or "next time i see my classmates i'll be lucid" or even "Next time i see my family i'll be lucid"

Like I said before, do how you feel it's the best but mantra is only a drop in a sea of ways to become lucid...

Slenerim
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

dB_FTS wrote:
Slenerim wrote:
dB_FTS wrote:

Like I said before, do how you feel it's the best but mantra is only a drop in a sea of ways to become lucid...

but that is a mantra

print