My Subconscious is tricky

I’ve been having more lucid dreams recently for whatever reason, probably because Tuesdays allow me to go back to sleep after morning class.

Last Tuesday I had one that ended… disappointingly. I got lucid in a really strange way and ended up getting distracted doing things that aren’t exactly lucid goals for me. Then there was today.

It’s been my primary goal to make contact with my subconscious for quite some time, so when I forgot to do that in my previous LD I was particularly frustrated. I made sure to remember what my goal was after every reality check I did afterwards, and I think my success today was the result of that. I was in what the dream logic told me was Valve headquarters, but it was more like black mesa. I can’t remember exactly how I became lucid, but I’m pretty sure I did my reality check. I immediately remembered my goal and thought I wanted to talk to my subconscious. Just thinking it didn’t work, so I said it out loud, and just as I did so I noticed all the people around me look behind me suddenly.

I turned around, and there I was.

To be honest, I wasn’t sure what to expect; it doesn’t seem to matter how your SC manifests. I’ve even heard of one person whose SC manifested as Ellen Paige. Mine was just me, dressed relatively normally, though of note was that “my” t-shirt was blank and “I” was wearing thick Drew Carey/Hideo Kojima glasses.

He was sitting in a comfy chair, and he just flashes this devious smile and says something about losing my tron necklace.

I have no idea what he’s talking about.

I ask “what? What tron necklace” and, unfortunately, he “showed” me. An image of a necklace I’ve never seen before fills my vision and then the dream changed. I lost lucidity.

I have a feeling he was trying to distract me. It’s almost like he doesn’t like me lucid or something. I’m not sure what to do about it; obviously I can’t ask the questions I want to if he keeps evading me. My current plan is to say “promise you’ll let me stay” next time as soon as he shows up, but outside of that I don’t know what to do. Anyone have this problem before?

Yeah I kinda have somewhat of your problem. Whenever I communicate to my Sub Conscious my dream starts to turn dim and things start to get creepy, the entire dream atmosphere changes. I have tried communicating to my sub conscious alot of times. Also, yeah I think my subconscious tries to purposely try to make me not lucid anymore. My sub conscious likes to make the dream have strobe light effects on things or whenever im doing WILD. Its almost like a hypnotizing like effect and at the same time he throws at some music for me to listen too, mostly chill music you know and that gets my attention too and its really hard not to listen to it or see the strobe light type stuff, and I end up waking up or just going back to a normal dream states I know weird right? Haha well good luck with your lucid adventures maybe someone can help you

Everybody’s subconscious is tricky, the only question is how tricky you are to trick your tricky subconscious… :content: