DEILD awakenings

I want to be able to condition my self to wake up at the end of each REM period so that I can attempt a DEILD, however I can’t seem to get myself to wake up or keep myself from moving and opening my eyes. I’ve mainly been using MILD, but is there any other way or technique, or even mantra that can help me in building this habit? I’ve managed to go back in to the same dream after waking up, but this method sounds like a good way to have frequent LDs.

Try using auto-suggestion - this simply means that you firmly decide for yourself that you will notice your micro-awakenings throughout the night.
You could for example tell yourself “tonight I am going to wake up the next time I’m dreaming”.
Then go to bed and get ready to wake up a few hours later. :smile:

This might sound like magic, but it works very well after some practice.
You might actually have experienced this yourself during bus rides, when you fall asleep on the bus and suddenly wake up right before you have to get off.
Telling yourself to wake up at certain times during the night works almost the same way.

I can confirm that the auto-suggestion works VERY well on some people, if you’re lucky it will work from the first time, every time (or almost) ^^