Trypophobia

This doesn’t really give me the creeps anymore, it certainly did when I was a child. I couldn’t even stand these:
It wasn’t the pattern, it was the HOLES. shivers

You aren’t supposed to stand on them :razz:
*hides

This picture of a cookie, of all things, made me shiver too

link to creepy cookie

usually cookies and chocolate aren’t that bad for me, but that is one weird cookie :bored: that… texture… :anx:

I don’t have it myself, but I discovered that my roommate is very trypophobic as we were watching Adventure Time and this scene came on. She had never heard of Trypophobia before and felt amazed that she finally had a term to describe her weird life-long discomfort at clusters of holes. XD

I know what you mean! I was also amazed to find a term to discribe it. Tell her that a frog like that actually exists (or not, no, don’t tell her :anx: )… it’s horrible.

I found a good picture of one of the real frogs last night that is sure to send a shudder through any trypophobic person. Haha, but she would kill me if I tried to show it to her.

I’ve known about this, and I have it bad.

Working as a cashier, I’ve found it unfortunate that crumpets are quite popular in my area. I have to touch them (but they’re in bags)

But yeah, I’m extremely trypophobic.

EDIT: Oh, and lolatheloaner, I’ll have you know that I definitely did not notice that was a link, and hoverzoom opened up that frog/beast/mutant/creature/nightmare thing full size on my monitor, much to my surprise :tongue: It’s fine, but holy crap it gave me a jolt!

I think that frog would freak out everybody at least a bit. :bored:

I think most people would find it very gross, yeah. But for trypophobia there seems to be another level of gross/horror. (EDIT: oh, and you should see one that’s alive with baby frogs coming out of it’s holes :nuu: )

@Download: That crumpet is a bit :anx:, but not the worst for me… although the more I look at it the worse it gets! :lol:

I saw that already.
.-. nature is gross…

Now I can also understand the assistant manager’s (and mine!) 's reaction to this flower pot in the shop:

imgur.com/Xtx1khx

She literally backed away when she unwrapped the container and saw this.

I’ll admit, that’s not the worst, but some crumpets can get pretty awful. I just quickly picked an image.

Sorting through, here are some more.
They’re a lot worse when they are uncooked

Though nothing triggers me more than the frog creature and bee hives/wasp nests

I still remember, too… I was in biology and had to look at plant cells. When I focused the microscope, I immediately jumped back because the pattern was very trypophobic triggering. Never took biology again.

I actually peeked in here because of the mention of cookies, :peek: . Doing a quick search I found out that they’re not cookies at all but Cadbury Creme Egg pull apart sweet rolls so don’t worry, no freaky cookies. :content: Just a heart attack in some pastry.

Edit: I’m sorry if it’s the opposite of helpful. D=

@Eilatan: if that cookie had more of the hole things, like 10 - 50 of them together, it would be VERY disturbing.

@Download: I see what you mean :anx:

EDIT: had to share this.

EDIT2: I just woke up from a dream where I saw a castle full of tiny randomly arranged holes. I wasn’t really lucid, but part of me thought something along the lines of “oh, so finally this comes into my dreams!”

This art project gave me a reaction too: thisiscolossal.com/2013/04/s … src=footer

What a nice looking orange I bought.

I’ve never ever heard about this kind of phobia! It really is fascinating I have to say and my apologies to those who suffer from this phobia but I really never heard of it…

This kind of a patters I find most amazing because even though they might seem random they are not, their function is more then just random…

Well, at least those that are not just holes in some random object also I thank you mattias for posting this, I learned something new today! :content:

I’m amazed. I just found out that what I have is trypophobia. I didn’t knew it had a name! :happy: Holes and circled patterns in and on objects and skin. yuck! Disturbing.