How important is prospective memory for lucid dreaming?

Prospective memory is something that both Stephen LaBerge and Tim Post value as something very useful, but just exactly how much does it improve your chances to become lucid?
I imagine that if you practice this skill for a couple weeks until you can reliably and consistently remember a lot of “prospective memory goals” for several days in row, then you should be able to pick a random dreamsign and just decide to notice it without much effort at all when you go to sleep, right?
This would certainly make this an incredibly useful skill.

Prospective memory is the core to MILD and I will always say that perfected MILD is better technique then perfected WILD. (that’s my opinion :content: )

Sure, you might think that perfected WILD will give you LD’s almost instantly every night but WILD is only a way of becoming lucid, one way of becoming lucid. But WILD technique will not prepare you for dream itself, lucid experience itself. You might be very good at becoming lucid but what happens once you actually lucid, dream control, memory of the dream itself, stability, vividness, realness and such factors.

Perfected MILD will prepare you much more for this then WILD. WILD is only a way of falling asleep consciously and that’s all you need to know how to, to be good at WILD. MILD is another case, you need to train your memory(prospective/mnemonic), RC’ing, LL, ADA, WBTB and such, it’s more deeper tech then WILD. At least that’s how I see it and that’s why it’s harder to achieve at once then WILD, I believe that you will get more quality dreams with MILD then WILD. Get very good at MILD and then train yourself at WILD, that’s the combo you are looking for… :content: