Did I succeed with something last night?

Last night I attempted WBTB for the first time in a while, and when I went back to sleep I believe I heard my alarm clock, but much lower than normal and at a time when I had not set any alarm.
I also remember a strange jelly-like feeling, almost as if I became slightly distorted and broader for a couple seconds.
Then I heard a weird sound from my cell-phone and saw a green and very blurry sign on it, and for some reason I couldn’t close that message.
It was all really blurry, and I just barely remember it.
Then I felt like I woke up again, but now my cell-phone was still where I had left it the night before, and worked fine again.

What do you think of this?
Could it be a good sign?

Sounds like you got some good hypnogogic imagery. May have even been a dream, but you didn’t recognize it. Keep it up and try to affect the world like it’s a dream next time it happens and you may find yourself in an LD. :wink:

Yeah, well I always seem to start out my lucid dreams in bed, so maybe I should be suspicious and double-check my surroundings every time I wake up from now on. :tongue:
I usually do it by checking if my bedlamp works, and when it doesn’t work I always find myself in a lucid dream.

That’s progress, how much time you needed to start experience this after doing WBTB?

Maybe by staying awake longer, you will be more conscious and those HH/dreams might get even more intense and real life like which could help you to become lucid…

I usually go with Stephen LaBerge’s recommendation of 30-45 minutes, apparently he has proven this to be the most effective amount of time to stay awake, and I always seem to at least get glimpses of lucidity after being awake for that long.

This last night I had another unintended WBTB result after waking up and recording dreams and then just falling asleep again - I don’t know what I should think of it, but I do have memories that I was very jolly over being able to fly from a rooftop while visiting my cousins, then I became just a tad bit frustrated when I couldn’t repeat it and told myself that “it is pretty hard to feel confident enough to do this kind of thing” since I more or less expected to fall flat on the ground.
I kept trying and I think I managed to fly a short distance a couple times, and hover (and crashland :lol:).
It feels like I was somewhat aware of the fact that I was dreaming and that I was experimenting with flying, but I’m not 100% sure what I should make of it.

In any case I did have an incredibly good dream recall - I think I voice recorded 4 or 5 fairly vivid dreams on my cell-phone, which is pretty crazy, and it took almost 8 minutes just to summarize the general events of the first dream - so this would obviously make it easier to become lucid.