Food in lucid dreams

In a normal dream I was fighting This bear that had spontaneously launched itself out of a river and tackled me. I was holding one of its forelimbs down and just on a whim, I took a gigantic bite out of its shoulder. The stuff tasted like a combination between cotton candy and grease. Then I started feeling really funky like i had just gotten off a roller-coaster The wound i had made in the bears shoulder started dripping this glowing turquoise juice. When i looked at the bears face its eyes were dripping the same stuff and it was smiling this crazed wolfish grin. “One thousand Lives” He cackled and melted into A puddle of the turquoise stuff. I Spat out the remainder of the meat i had in my mouth and it instantly grew into a giant pine tree. Then the turquoise puddle that the bear made turned a deep purple and these yellow maggots started crawling out. as they crawled they ate the ground and the air and everything they came in contact with the blue part of the sky was ripped away and sucked into the hole leaving this yellow jagged cave roof. I climbed to the top of the pine tree as the maggots steadily crawled and gaped in horror as the entire world tumbled into the abyss. then a giant yellow harpoon stabbed me through the stomach and dragged me into the abyss. The rest of the dream was an incomprehensible swirl of white noise and sickening color, I distinctly remember falling into my own eyes. Through the haze i herd someone chanting “Gesplorpsu, Utrapita” But i have no idea what that means. I woke up in a cold sweat. The morale of this story is that bear meat makes you trip in dreams, and that it is unwise to drink a whole bottle of Sriracha before going to bed.

Why do you want to waste your LD on doing things you can do in RL?

Well, in a LD you can eat as much as you want and not get fat or have to pay! You can eat something you ate a long time ago and can’t find anymore, you can eat weird things that aren’t food too, and see what they taste like.

I haven’t had a Lucid dream yet and this sounds really awesome. But I’m wondering, can you eat as much as you want without feeling full? Or do you have to imagine yourself being hungry to keep eating?

I’ve taken a bite out of a wall in lucid dream before it tasted like this strawberry flavored painkiller I drank once. :yuck:

Oh man, I so want to do this!!! I have some foods I’m sensitive to or allergic to IRL, so to be able to eat all of that I wanted without getting sick would be awesome! I do wonder sometimes though, if eating it in a dream could trigger your brain into thinking you really did and trigger a reaction as if you really had.
Pizza… Pasta… Sugar…Mexican food… HERE I COME!!! If, when I’m lucid I can remember to do it LOL!

I have had dreams where I catch myself stuffing my face with something I can’t have IRL (yet), and catch myself mid bite freaked out by what I’ve done. I hopefully can start using that as a dreamsign and have it shock me lucid so I can keep eating :grin: !

I did this as a lucid challenge once. The challenge was to eat something that would be inedible in real life, so I took a bite out of a brick. It tasted absolutely disgusting! :lol:

I have a love/hate relationship with taste in my dreams. A lot of my non-lucids involve me eating things. Normally whatever I’m eating tastes just as good (if not better) than in waking life. But then I’ll have those dreams where I’m eating something completely weird, like live toads dipped in icing, and the taste will literally turn my stomach. (Yet I’m unable to stop eating them.)

I’ve even tasted things that don’t exist in real life. In one dream I tried a Wizard’s alcoholic drink. It tasted like nothing I’ve ever tried before in my life, but it was incredibly delicious. (If it existed IRL, I’d most likely become an alcoholic.)

Had several dreams,when i was extremely thirsty. The whole dream was about searching for something to drink. And when i finally get it,it tastes incredible ,but i cant get enough of it,couse it appears im really thirsty IRL. First thing upon waking up i run to a store and find the drink i had in a dream : D

One of the tastiest things I’ve had in a LD was water. I wasn’t specially thirsty, but it was the purest water ever.

I can relate to that. The best orange juice I have ever had was in a dream, and I was even standing in the middle of a river when drinking it. I still haven’t found any juice that delicious IRL.

How about eating impossible things like sunlight, clouds, a rainbow, etc?

The tastiest thing I have eaten in a dream is a cake and eating that sent a lot of Manhacks trying to kill you :anx: but I havent found a cake that tastes as good as the cake in that dream :tongue:

the food could be more testy in dreams :tongue:

Once I tasted ice cream and some fruit (does not exist in real life, just picked one from a tree) in one of my NDs they tasted really delicious.

Would rainbows taste like skittles? :content:

I ate a rainbow once, it strangely enough tasted chocolatey, not fruity.
It was like a wafer you put on ice cream sundaes, absolutely delicious.

Glass was funny to eat in a LD. I ate several big marbles. They were at the same time hard and a little chewy, like very hard caramel. It squeaked before it broke in my mouth.

I imagine that clouds taste like cotton candy. The circle I drew in the air certainly did. Oh, and smoke didn’t taste good at all. It tastes like sickening tomato soup.

sometimes the opposite can happen. For instance, if you’re not extremely lucid, food can suddenly taste like bark. HATE that :grrr:

The Sun tastes like orange juice!! :3

The sunlight tasted like a mix of orange, honey, and ginger in my dream. It was liquid. I just had to place the cup in the sun and it filled up.

I have had several “perfect” versions of common foods and drinks in my lucid dreams: perfect orange juice, cider, wine, sushi, roasted vegetables, etc. The next goal is perfect tea!

I’ve found taste to be more subtle than in waking life. I once had a doughnut which tasted of nothing so I threw it away. Taste and smell are the senses I utilise the least when dreaming. I suppose when we taste/smell in a dream, we are conjuring up the memory. I’ve never tried to eat anything non-foody, but it’s now on my list.