How close was I?

Hi guys! :happy:

Well, I’m new here, so I’ll introduce myself here as well…um…hi, I’m Iroki! :razz:
Anyway, whilst attempting a WILD lucid dream last night, I was listening to a brain entrainment track (without words, of course!), and felt I was getting rather close to entering a lucid dream through WILD. So, my body felt like absolute stone, but at the same time, I felt like I was floating. I saw swirling images coming and going, bright lights, all that good stuff. And boom, my brother walks in the room coughing and throwing up. It dropped me right back into the normal world, and I couldn’t call asleep for literally 2 hours afterwards. So, how close was I to entering a LD, what is the next step from the state I was in, apart from being startled awake? Thanks guys, and glad I finally found a LD community! :smile:

Well you did achieve a lot, but next step is crucial. How will you make transition?! If you are lucky enough then those images and lights could turn into the whole dream but if you are like most WILD’ers are, including myself then you will need to do something to make a transition from waking state to the dream state… Also floating is a great sign.

I will not go deeper into the subject, try a few more times to become lucid through WILD and see what happens.

Good luck! :content:

Hi and welcome, Iroki! :wave:

It does definitely sound like you were falling asleep, but as dB_FTS said, the experience is different for different people. When were you trying this? Most people find it a lot easier to WILD after already getting some sleep that night, or in a nap.

Well, it was early morning when I tried, but I hadn’t slept yet, so yeah I probably should’ve done a WBTB…oh well.

This doesn’t really pertain to iroki’s question but since he said it i was curious, what are your thoughts on using brain entrainment like binaural’s for WILD

I’ve never try those but I think everyone should but on the other hand I do believe in the power of one and its mind. So you don’t need any kind of technology to actually achieve lucidity plus magnetic field which comes from technology is often mentioned as bad influence on the dreamer…