How to open my eyes?

I’ve been away from the forum and lucid dreaming for a few weeks now, but in the last 3 days I got 2 lucid dreams (short ones in wich I didn’t do anything), and today’s one reminded me of a problem that was bugging me before:
Sometimes in the middle of the dream my eyes just close, and I’m sure that if I open them I will open my real eyes, too, but I can still feel the dream through touch and sound, however shortly after I wake up.

I’m not sure if this is just me waking up naturaly, it’s different from the other wakings I’ve experienced, wich I learned to control a bit more in my last proper LD.

I used to have a similar problem where I would become blind in the middle of my dreams. It’s tricky to deal with and I’ve only been able to overcome it a few times. I remember I once solved it by teleporting to a new location, which kind of makes sense. There was another time where I just willed the power of my eyesight to become strong enough to see through the blindness. There was another time where I commanded my dream to give me my vision back. I’m sure there are many other things you could try.

If dream control doesn’t work, the only other thing I can think of is to let yourself wake up and attempt a DEILD. If you’re aware when you’re waking up DEILD should be super easy. It would take less than a minute and you would enter a new dream with your vision back.

I have this issue in almost every dream. When I originally started out, my eyes closing in the dream was detrimental. However, I have learned to overcome it. For me, my eyes like to close a lot in my dreams, even after they open again. I found that the most important thing is not to panic. Just because your eyes close doesn’t mean you will wake up; this only happens because you are expecting it to happen. Just continue doing whatever you wanted to do in your dream and act like you still can see. Believe it or not, you will be able to see again. The funny thing is, in a dream, you don’t even need your eyes to see, so even if they are closed, you can regain your vision without needing to open them.

I’ll reiterate it again. If you lose your vision, continue doing what you wanted to do before you lost your vision. Act like your vision wasn’t that important and that you never really lost it at all. Also, it can be helpful to reach out and touch your environment while doing this. Additionally, make sure that you keep moving and doing something. Finally, don’t panic. This may be hard to do at first, and you may very well wake up. But after a lot of practice, this technique will work almost every time. Plus, like Lucidis said, if you do wake up, just use DEILD.