Galantamine + Choline= lucid dreams

Author  Message 
Picknick10
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: lost count

PostPosted: Tue 16 Apr, 2013  Reply with quote

Stevefrom49days wrote:
I think I'd agree that achieving lucidity through the tried and tested methods-dream diary, reality testing etc is the best way in terms of an understanding of the lucid dreaming process and the great feeling of achievement when you start to make progress. However, once there, Galantamine and Choline offer the experienced dreamer a way to progress rapidly since becoming lucid is no longer a random, unexpected event. Knowing you are likely to be lucid on a particular night allows a more structured approach to what you are going to do. In my experience, this allow the dreamer to better master the environment he is investigating. As far as I know, there are no problems taking these supplements in the doses suggested.

I am trying this on the weekend, ordered both Galantamine and Choline to take as well as 5-HTP to take before hand to balance out my sleep cycles. I will report back with a detailed report on if it worked for me and how vivid the dream/LD was.

Current LD goal(s): Speak to my Subconcious
lucky1990
Somniologist
Somniologist

Galantamine and choline
PostPosted: Sat 20 Apr, 2013  Reply with quote

Have been taking Gal and Cho for past 1 year and found my dreams remarkably vivid. Although it did not make me lucid all times. Of late, i have found that, after taking gal and cho, i prevent myself from falling asleep due to anxiety and exciteness. How to address this issue?

GigaByte
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 1

just curious
PostPosted: Sat 20 Apr, 2013  Reply with quote

I really didn't knew that taking supplements can make you lucid but isn't taking this stuff harmful ? and what exactly is galantamine and choline ? never mind here is what I found on wikipedia-
Some people who practice lucid dream (LD) or out-of-body experience (OBE) use galantamine to increase their odds to achieve LD or OBE. By taking small amount of galantamine (around 4 to 8 mg) after five to six hours of deep sleep and practice an induction technique such as meditation, MILD or WILD many people report more success with galantamine.

There are also reports claiming that taking galantamine without proper induction technique will not lead to LD or OBE but will result in only a vivid dream instead. It should also be noted that, due to a long half-life, galantamine will stay in the body for a period of up to and over 48 hours. As such, it is advisable to space out the use of galantamine over a period of three days so that the body does not build a resistance to the drug, ruining its effectiveness.

Galantamine used with choline bitartrate or Alpha-GPC can dramatically increase one's odds of becoming lucid and increase memory consolidation during dreaming.Some people report mixing galantamine with other nootropic can enhance the degree of lucidity, but this is still controversial, since some mixtures may work for some people, but lead to failure for others

Current LD goal(s): Explore my dreamspace and interact with dream figures
lucky1990
Somniologist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Mon 22 Apr, 2013  Reply with quote

Hey thanks for ur reply, I stopped taking Galantamine and choline few months back. Of late i find myself becoming dizzy often. I feel somewhat unstable and have pain in my head. my vision is foggy. Though i did not taken choline and galantamine recently, i suspect whether it could have altered my brain chemistry that made me dizzy? Is taking galantamine and choline safe? Any harmful side effects?

Picknick10
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: lost count

PostPosted: Sat 27 Apr, 2013  Reply with quote

Galantamine is taken in higher doses for help altimers patients. Though everyone is different it is possible that it may have caused it, but I doubt it. Anyways I took 8mg of Galantamine, 500mg of Choline and 600mg of alpha GPC and got a very long (two hours) lucid dream. Was kind of hard to fall asleep, ended up with a successful wild though.

Current LD goal(s): Speak to my Subconcious
Forty-Two
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 3
Location: The beginning of a long journey to becoming a frequent LDer

PostPosted: Wed 05 Jun, 2013  Reply with quote

Hey does anybody know how long it takes to get these pills from dreamamins?

Current LD goal(s): Have a vivid LD
Eterna
Crazy dreams, man...
Somniologist
LD count: 23+

Re: Galantamine and choline

lucky1990 wrote:
Have been taking Gal and Cho for past 1 year and found my dreams remarkably vivid. Although it did not make me lucid all times. Of late, i have found that, after taking gal and cho, i prevent myself from falling asleep due to anxiety and exciteness. How to address this issue?

AFAIK you can take 200mg of L-theanine to help you sleep when you pop the G&C pills.

After waaay to much research and reading other peoples experiences I'm considering giving these a go. It would be nice to know what I'm aiming for, and hopefully my LDs would be less sporadic...

To be honest I always thought this was an anti-sup forum since no one seem to talk about them much, maybe it's just full of 'naturals'! ^^;

Current LD goal(s): To get better at flying and go to a far away land!
mattias
Globahead
Globahead
mattias has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

Eterna wrote:
To be honest I always thought this was an anti-sup forum since no one seem to talk about them much, maybe it's just full of 'naturals'! ^^;

I get the impression most people tend to think in the lines of "natural techniques", but I wouldn't say it's an anti-sup forum

I've considered trying some, but I'm not really that motivated. More of a "one day who knows" thing. If you do, though, I'm sure you'll let us know how it went!

Eterna
Crazy dreams, man...
Somniologist
LD count: 23+

mattias wrote:
I get the impression most people tend to think in the lines of "natural techniques", but I wouldn't say it's an anti-sup forum

Whoops, that's what I ment to say! tounge1

Current LD goal(s): To get better at flying and go to a far away land!

print