prison of mirrors

so, my dreams for so long have been very monotonous in a very curious way…

i’m kind of f///ed in the head i noticed and my past is without much memories, at least in WL. but in my dreams, at least once a night i am somewhere back in the town i moved from a few years ago- as well as grew up in. i am often at one of my parents houses and many of the people in these dreams are real people and they re-appear often. as i’m beginning to record my dreams daily and paying attention to the dreaming hours of life, i’m finding a more direct link between these hours and my WL.
i’m looking to see if anyone has any ideas how i can use this constant re-occuring dream scenario to better pick up on it and crack into lucidity.

these dreams come to no surprise to me as most of my WL past has been suppressed by perhaps a misconstrued sense of ego. so if now in WL i am to come to terms with this by facing the present and future with an authentic identity, wouldn’t you agree this is a good time to study the ebb&flow of my dreams?

you understand what i’m trying to describe right? maybe some of you have experienced this and can offer more sound advice?

-Raswalt

Try doing reality checks in real life when ever you think of your parents house or see it. If in these self similar dreams you constantly talk to your parents or other people, you could reality check when ever you talk to them in waking life. Hopefully when you have another dream at those places or with those people you will begin to question what’s going on and reality check in the dream and ultimately become lucid

Dreams make you forget your life by overbuffering the brain with thoughts, conspiracies, fantasies etc. To cope with your past just accept it, it happened, and people know it. And they probably don’t care so you’re affecting yourself. As for lucidity, it doesn’t come to you because your higher self is waiting for you to prove that you really want it.

Matter that is stressing like the past can be coped by not sleeping for 2 or 3 days because the more time the mind is awake the more active it gets.

I’m a seeker of knowledge.

thanks for your replies.

mr18111- thats probably just it, i need to be paying closer attention to the rc’s when talking to parents/past friends. i know i have to do this too because these people are direct links or beacons of the past and i must become ok with their immediate existence.

azul- its easy to hope to “just accept your past” but i think it needs to be treated like a living breathing ball of energy (mostly dark energy at that.) It has to be excavated and seen to be set aside in peace, i know this much.

• my problem is too much mental activity, more activity could turn me completely mad.
    ive stayed awake for 5 days/nights and…
    maybe it could work, hmm : )

so sure enough, last night i was back in town, this time at the river only 5min away from the house i grew up in, with my best friend who is in 95% of these dreams. nothing registered though…

today in wl i’ll be seeing someone i havnt seen since back then, i’ll be sure to rc often

I can’t see the relation… :confused: Anyway,

I really wouldn’t suggest this. Sleep deprivation can cause serious harm, just google some studies on that. I can’t see how it could help you in anything at all.

i know… but i cant help but wonder about the good rcs to be had when you spend a few days/nights dreamless all of a sudden, and the clarity we desire in dreams is flowing seamlessly. of coarse there are negative affects, same with fasting… your body slowly dies in a real way.