Dreamt I was doing a WILD

Hi everybody
This is my first post on the forum. I’ve been trying to become lucid for about 4 months now, without success. I’ve been keeping a dream journal all the time, so I have a hell of a lot of dreams written down.
But the reason I’m writing is because of what happened last night. I was dreaming that I was lying in my bed and that I was trying to do a WILD. I was hearing the faint sound of birds chirping and it was growing louder. I was trying to let my body go to sleep while staying aware…and then all of a sudden I went into SP. But this sensation caused me to wake up…in my dream.
This didn’t cause me to become lucid, nor did it wake me up in real life. It’s all very confusing.
What I want to know is whether I am getting closer to attaining lucidity?

Any ideas?

Could have been a sort of false lucid dream. Just keep at it and try mild and wild maybe. Don’t loose hope, your almost there. False Lucids are a sign that you have the right thoughts on your mind, just keep it up!

… but are you sure that it was actually a dream. Maybe it was really you doing WILD. Sometimes when you come into this funny/fuzzy state things can become unclear if you are not familiar with them…

Thx guys, yes it could very well be that I was doing a WILD. I would love to be able to lucid dream, but it seems like it’s not meant to be.