EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 130
Rainbow Connection

Getting Lazy >:(

Post new topic Reply to topic

Author  Message 
Iroki
New member
New member
23
Posts: 4
Joined: 30 Mar 2013
Last Visit: 02 Apr 2013
 
Getting Lazy >:(
PostPosted: Mon 01 Apr, 2013  Reply with quote

Herrow! smile

So, I've -attempted- WBTB a few nights and honestly have failed miserably, due to one simple, easily fixable reason. Laziness. I wake up, write down whatever I remember in terms of dream recall, and then rather than WILDing, feel too tired and just sleep normally. Any tips to break this bad habit? Thanks guys <3


back to top
dB_FTS
Traveler
cookie lover
dB_FTS has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
29
Posts: 2004
Joined: 01 Oct 2010
Last Visit: 03 Jan 2019
LD count: 118
Location: Croatia
 
PostPosted: Mon 01 Apr, 2013  Reply with quote

Yes, get out of the bed! Wash your face with cold water and do something to wake yourself up. After that WILD is not hard, because at the end WILD is nothing more then falling asleep properly.

If you are partially awake after WBTB which is a goal you will have much more success with WILD, you will fall asleep eventually but gradually which is a wanted way of falling asleep while doing WILD and as you will fall asleep you will gradually enter the dream, eventually. grin (sorry for this combination of words... ^^ )



Current LD goal(s): #Find/Meet Dream Guide#
back to top
noobdreamer
Lucid Idiot
Somniologist
22
Posts: 128
Joined: 08 Sep 2011
Last Visit: 04 May 2014
LD count: 40+
Location: Rome
 
PostPosted: Mon 01 Apr, 2013  Reply with quote

What dB_FTS said, GET OUT OF THE BED.
I'm often too lazy to do that, and the only way (for me) to wake up enough is to get out of the bed and do something that makes you less sleepy, like washing your face.



Current LD goal(s): improve dream recall | get back to having LDs regularly | world domination
back to top
Iroki
New member
New member
23
Posts: 4
Joined: 30 Mar 2013
Last Visit: 02 Apr 2013
 
PostPosted: Mon 01 Apr, 2013  Reply with quote

Alright, seems easy enough. Thanks guys <3

back to top
mindexplorer
Somniologist
Somniologist
36
Posts: 184
Joined: 09 Jul 2002
Last Visit: 29 Nov 2017
LD count: 30
 
PostPosted: Sat 11 May, 2013  Reply with quote

I donīt really think "get out of bed" is a very helpful comment since the problem is that he cannot get our of the bed eh

I suggest you put your alarm at the other side of the room so you have to get up to switch it off.
or
Something a bit strange but I know peple do it, drink alot of water before going to bed, then when you wake up you need to go to the toilet smile


back to top
Raswalt
Abducted Dreamer
Somniologist
28
Posts: 218
Joined: 13 Oct 2010
Last Visit: 28 Jan 2016
 
PostPosted: Sat 11 May, 2013  Reply with quote

mindexplorer wrote:
I donīt really think "get out of bed" is a very helpful comment since the problem is that he cannot get our of the bed eh

I suggest you put your alarm at the other side of the room so you have to get up to switch it off.
or
Something a bit strange but I know peple do it, drink alot of water before going to bed, then when you wake up you need to go to the toilet smile
2nd'd


back to top
dB_FTS
Traveler
cookie lover
dB_FTS has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
29
Posts: 2004
Joined: 01 Oct 2010
Last Visit: 03 Jan 2019
LD count: 118
Location: Croatia
 
PostPosted: Sat 11 May, 2013  Reply with quote

Cabinfever wrote:
mindexplorer wrote:
I donīt really think "get out of bed" is a very helpful comment since the problem is that he cannot get our of the bed eh

I suggest you put your alarm at the other side of the room so you have to get up to switch it off.
or
Something a bit strange but I know peple do it, drink alot of water before going to bed, then when you wake up you need to go to the toilet smile
2nd'd


I don't think he is disabled so that he cannot get out of the bed. I know people who are and believe me it has nothing to do with laziness...



Current LD goal(s): #Find/Meet Dream Guide#
back to top
mindexplorer
Somniologist
Somniologist
36
Posts: 184
Joined: 09 Jul 2002
Last Visit: 29 Nov 2017
LD count: 30
 
PostPosted: Sat 11 May, 2013  Reply with quote

"I don't think he is disabled so that he cannot get out of the bed. I know people who are and believe me it has nothing to do with laziness..."

ehm I donīt think he is disabled either, and i donīt think people who are disabled are so because they are lazy.....I dont think there are many who would even consider that.

He said he cannot get out of bed because of lazyness (if he was disabled he would probably state that). I to am having problems getting out of bed at 5 in the morning because lack of motivation. I donīt think the advice "get out of bed" is sufficient so I gave some tips to motivate him.
If you have any advice to him im sure he would be glad if you told him, other than "get out of bed" that is.


back to top
dB_FTS
Traveler
cookie lover
dB_FTS has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
29
Posts: 2004
Joined: 01 Oct 2010
Last Visit: 03 Jan 2019
LD count: 118
Location: Croatia
 
PostPosted: Sun 12 May, 2013  Reply with quote

mindexplorer wrote:
"I don't think he is disabled so that he cannot get out of the bed. I know people who are and believe me it has nothing to do with laziness..."

ehm I donīt think he is disabled either, and i donīt think people who are disabled are so because they are lazy.....I dont think there are many who would even consider that.

He said he cannot get out of bed because of lazyness (if he was disabled he would probably state that). I to am having problems getting out of bed at 5 in the morning because lack of motivation. I donīt think the advice "get out of bed" is sufficient so I gave some tips to motivate him.
If you have any advice to him im sure he would be glad if you told him, other than "get out of bed" that is.


I think you got me wrong...

Only thing you can do is to get out of the bed. When you suggested, drinking a lot of water before bed that's because you will finally need to get out of the bed because you will pee yourself, right. I guess it's something important to avoid.
I always tried to explain that pure will is much better then stressing your body unnecessarily. Why even consider drinking so much water that you have a need to wake up in the middle of the night when your body whats to. If you use autosuggestion you can wake up when you want because you can never tell if your body is going to wake you up in the middle of a dream or even LD...

I guess that's one kind of a motivation... But if you are to lazy to do something then it means that the subject is not of a great importance to you.



Current LD goal(s): #Find/Meet Dream Guide#
back to top
G01denW01f11
New member
New member
27
Posts: 6
Joined: 11 May 2013
Last Visit: 14 May 2013
 
PostPosted: Sun 12 May, 2013  Reply with quote

If the issue is merely getting out of bed, I have an (untested) idea. Sometime during the day, practice getting out of bed. Set an alarm for fifteen minutes, and just lie down and dose. When the alarm goes off, spring out of bed, and reward yourself with a bite of chocolate or something to reinforce your good behavior. Once you've trained yourself what to do under ideal conditions, it should be easier when you're tired and don't want to get up.

back to top
mindexplorer
Somniologist
Somniologist
36
Posts: 184
Joined: 09 Jul 2002
Last Visit: 29 Nov 2017
LD count: 30
 
PostPosted: Sun 12 May, 2013  Reply with quote

Great idea to train like that G01, that makes me remember. The best way for me to get out of bed early is to tell myself when falling asleep "i have to get up early" repeatadly. And sometimes i wake up naturally just minutes before my alarm clock.

dB_FTS: "Only thing you can do is to get out of the bed"
Not really,you could choose not going out of bed, which is the choice of Iroki.
I agree that if you can motivate yourself and by will get up thats great! but when you are in that state inbetween sleeping and being awake the mind doesnīt reason so well and itīs very easy to go back to sleep without thinking. Ive done it many times and being dissapointed in myself the morning after. Which is why some methods can be a good way to overcome that initial state of being half awake.
Well, thats how i see it anyhow. If you have superstrong will and donīt have this problem I understand your point of view.


back to top
dB_FTS
Traveler
cookie lover
dB_FTS has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
29
Posts: 2004
Joined: 01 Oct 2010
Last Visit: 03 Jan 2019
LD count: 118
Location: Croatia
 
PostPosted: Sun 12 May, 2013  Reply with quote

mindexplorer wrote:
Great idea to train like that G01, that makes me remember. The best way for me to get out of bed early is to tell myself when falling asleep "i have to get up early" repeatadly. And sometimes i wake up naturally just minutes before my alarm clock.

dB_FTS: "Only thing you can do is to get out of the bed"
Not really,you could choose not going out of bed, which is the choice of Iroki.
I agree that if you can motivate yourself and by will get up thats great! but when you are in that state inbetween sleeping and being awake the mind doesnīt reason so well and itīs very easy to go back to sleep without thinking. Ive done it many times and being dissapointed in myself the morning after. Which is why some methods can be a good way to overcome that initial state of being half awake.
Well, thats how i see it anyhow. If you have superstrong will and donīt have this problem I understand your point of view.


No sadly, I don't have that super strong will and that's why I suggest to do that. Because staying in bed will only result to falling asleep again. Although there are dreamers that can get awake enough just staying in bed but mostly we can't wake up ourselves enough to make a transition to dream state. Along the way we would fall asleep unconsciously or almost immediately upon awaking...



Current LD goal(s): #Find/Meet Dream Guide#
back to top
kingboss77
New member
New member
29
Posts: 1
Joined: 20 May 2013
Last Visit: 26 May 2013
LD count: 15
 
PostPosted: Fri 24 May, 2013  Reply with quote

haha just remind urself how good lucid dreaming is

back to top
Dablooey
Jetpack Burned
Somniologist
22
Posts: 178
Joined: 12 Apr 2011
Last Visit: 13 Aug 2017
Location: Hell
 
PostPosted: Fri 24 May, 2013  Reply with quote

As far as suggesting that s/he put his alarm on the other side of the room to make him get out of bed goes, it's been shown that being woken up abruptly (like by an alarm clock) can cause confusion upon the moment of waking and negatively effect dream recall. So it would be effective in getting him out of bed, but a hindrance as far as remembering dreams goes.

Two(ish) years ago, around the time that I first joined this site, I remember reading a post about WBTB, and it suggested preparing some math problems for yourself to do when you wake up. You do them, which wakes you up, then maybe get a glass of water or something. The problems should be simple algebra, nothing too complex.

The "drink a lot so you wake up and have to pee" solution offered by mindexplorer is an effective alternative to an alarm clock, I just hope you don't accidentally piss in the bed lach1

Hope I was at least a little bit helpful.

Abnegatory



Current LD goal(s): Kill a giant snail monster with an arrow covered in salt
back to top
Display posts from previous:
Post new topic Reply to topic

print  

All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB
LD4all ~ spreading the art and knowledge of lucid dreaming online since 1996 ~