Constant Nightterrors

First, if it helps any, I’d like anyone who intends to read this topic to be aware of the following:
-Up until a great tragedy in my life, my dreams were always lucid. I was, literally, god in many of them.
-More than 90% of my dreams are “organized” and follow a set storyline.
-I remember a very large chunk of my dreams.

In the past year, my ability to dream lucidly has completely vanished. Most of my dreams are completely horrifying nightterrors, or have nightmare elements hidden within them.
The reoccurring themes are as followed: being alone, losing my remaining parent, horrible monsters, inability to run or fight back, ect.
I recognize these dreams are caused by my own personal fears and would be more than happy to face them. I’ve managed to fight and destroy two monsters, one a manifestation of the “impending doom” feeling, and the other a manifestation of misery.
Now, the problem is, I’ve lost my ability to “wake up” in my dreams. I don’t know what caused the spontaneous loss, but whatever did, it’s rendered me completely helpless inside my own mind. I wouldn’t be so bothered if the dreams weren’t nightmares. It’s so bad I will deliberately stay up all night in order to avoid dreaming.

I guess what I’m trying to get at is this: how do I regain my ability to face my nightmares? To wake up in my dreams and fight back like I used to? What do you think could have caused the spontaneous loss of the ability to do such in the first place?

Sorry for the long post… and if I messed up anywhere.

I’m sorry, I keep saying the same thing… have you asked from help from your DG or your DCs ? some of them are very powerful and can help you with that :o (since they are at least an image of your subconscious, if nothing more, they technically should be able to help)
A DC friend of mine helped me a lot to fight against my fears, and I managed to get rid of a phobia of mine thanks to her :smile:
Hope it helped :meh: