Summoning objects, best ways to do this?

When i used to have lucid dreams every so often back in 2010, i always tried to summon objects to play with. The only problem is i could never quite get the hang of it, sometimes the object would just appear at random, only for it not to work or do anything. What is the best way to summon objects and how to make sure they do what i want them to do?

Hate to bring this crap up, but it is the only example i can really think of. I tried summoning a helium tank once, which i successfully did (don’t remember how i did…willed it perhaps?). But when i put the tube in my mouth and turned on the gas, i didn’t blow up. Almost like there was a leak in the tank or me (lol), to make matters worse the dream ended right after that.

It depends on the size of the object, but here are a few suggestions:

If the object is small, then you can tell yourself, “When I reach into my pocket I will pull out [the object]” Hopefully you’ll pull it out.

If the object is larger, you can do a couple things. First, think, “When I turn around [the object] will be there.” You can also try, “When I open this door, [the object] will be behind it.”

No matter how you summon objects, though, it’s very important to have a firm mental concept for what they’ll be. You have to be able to grasp what the object will look like, feel like, and in your case, what it’s function will be. To summon a functional object you have to really believe that it will, in fact, function as you want it to. The intent behind your summoning matters a great deal, so try to focus hard when summoning.

What you said last, thats been the reason why i havn’t successfully blown up into a human balloon yet, i often have issues focusing on it, no matter how i try to do it (i sometimes used to try and inhale, but i only inflated a little). I guess next time i have a LD im gonna pull out a tiny inflatable ball from my pocket, swallow it and imagine it inflating inside of me, that should do the trick. But at the same time im worried it might instead of being cartoony, will be realistic and turn into a gory mess. Can you give any advice on helping me focus on certain effects?

There are different “hacks” or techniques that people will suggest to do specific things in dreams, but if your problem is focus then it’s something you have to work on outside of the dreaming context. Try meditating while you’re awake. That’ll help you focus for sure. Other than that, I’d say it’s just a matter of practice. The more you try the better you’ll get at it.

What’s wrong with pulling car or house out of your pocket? :happy:

Hehe, I like your enthusiasm. I’m just saying it might be easier for a beginner to imagine pulling something smaller out. It’s important at first to know your boundaries and THEN push them.

While not exactly focus or concentration, it might help to rephrase it. Instead of, “How do I create a…?” or “What’s the best way to summon a…?”

In the dream, simply ask, “Now, where did I put that…?” It’s in your mind, so, if you want it then it’s already somewhere there. You brought it by wanting it. So, when you try to remember where you last put it, it should already be there.

Hope this helps!

Summoning an object is one thing. Getting that object to do a curtain task is more difficult. For LD’s overall, that is actually beneficial, but that’s another topic.

There are some things that LD’s, for some reason, break. I believe that it is similar to your awareness of something vs natural instinct or subconsious behavior. For example, if you start thinking about walking, and trying to control your legs movement, it may be difficult. or if you focus on your breathing, you may find that it doesn’t quite do it on it’s own anymore.

LD’s give you a lot of leniencey. And I personally (some find it odd) cannot find a way to harm myself when I’m lucid. Not myself, and not even the dream. A sword will go through my arm, but not cut it off, or if i run myself through, it will behave as though I was a ghost. So it may actually be something that wont work because it is the dream manipulating you, rather than the other way around.