LD4all Quest 83 [June/July]: Your Dream Vacation!

LD4all Quest 83: June: Your Dream Vacation!
Author: Rhewin

Every month, on LD4all :ld4all: we have a new Quest to explore your LD’s in a fun way.

Click here for a list of all the LD4all Quests
Click here to suggest a Quest yourself
Click here to add your own Quest travel log

Your Dream Vacation!
Summer is on finally almost here. For many of is, it’s been a long spring of work and school. Finally though, it’s time to treat ourselves to a little holiday. Sure, we can take an actual vacation, but everyone has that one trip planned that they aren’t quite able to manage. Maybe it’s a bit too pricey, or maybe it’s darn well impossible. Either way, what better way to take a dream vacation than with, well, dreams.

That’s right, this Quest we’re all going to take a little break. For some it’ll be a great way to start out a summer holidays, for others it’ll be a nice escape from last-minute exams or the monotony of work. Either way, have fun and take it easy! Take a relaxing cruise, visit a beach, enjoy a theme park, or maybe just lounge around on the side of the pool. Want something a bit cooler? Visit the mountains and go skiing, or maybe embark on an expedition into the frozen tundra. Of course, there’s no reason you couldn’t do something a bit more… impossible :content:

To complete this Quest and earn your wings

• Decide on what your dream vacation would be.
  • Make your way there and enjoy yourself.
  • Optional: do something that you wouldn’t be able to in real life.
  • Greater difficulty: post your destination here in writing first, and limit whether or not you’ve completed the Quest to whether you make it to that exact destination.
  • Post your dream in this topic (a link to your DJ is allowed but you have to post in this topic that you have succeeded) and please be clear if you have succeeded. Posting attempts are fine, but for your wings we need to know that you feel you’ve done it.

Please be very clear if you feel you have completed the Quest or want to try again - Qu will only give wings if you feel you have been successful in completing the Quest, the wings are a reward for yourself.

Qu will give everyone who earned it their wings at the end of this Quest, so please be patient

Tips for completing this Quest
These are just suggestions of course, you can do whatever works for you :content:

• Get inspired by exploring around on travel sites.
  • Watch films or read books on where you want to go.
  • If you’ve come up with an original idea (your own theme park, perhaps), try to imagine what the location would be like, including things like its layout or what you might find there.

Preparations/Incubation
Before going to sleep or while doing your LD incubation technique (WILD/WBTB/MILD, etc):

• Set your mind for this Quest.
  • If you’re doing a more visual technique like VILD, imagine what the location would be like once you’re in the dream.
  • Incorporate that you will reach the destination in techniques like MILD or autosuggestion

Post your attempts, whether you feel you succeeded or not, in this topic :cool:

Last but not least: have fun everyone! Good luck :tardis:!

First thing that comes to mind … is being taken on a trip by the doctor in his tardis :smile:

:grin: it could be a fun dream.

Well let s try again!

I m sure the writing option is a really good way to help to have this dream !
I guess it could even be a way to help doing other lucid quests as well !

First attempt failed… I was visiting some friends in their new house when I realized it was the exact same house than the one from my parents, then I thought “Hey this can not be! I m dreaming!”
After some flying, teleporting and other funny stuff, I thought of the Lucidity quests, I first tried the one from last month but I couldn t alterate the buildings so I thought I would try this quest… Unfortunately I really had no idea where to go to, and then after 20 seconds thinking about it I suddenly wanted to scratch my leg so much in reality that I did and then…I Couldn t go back to the dream world… :sad:

Nice try at least! Those wings are one step closer :content:

I’m gonna go for it! Hopefully I can do it, my dream control isn’t the best right now, but I have some.

I’m going for it. I will go to the Medditerrainian (spelling fail) and take a ride through in a small canoe! That seems fun enough. :content:

…Isn’t it July now???

Or am I hopelessly lost in my brain again?

does a reality check

Sorry guys, the Quest has been extended into July it appears :razz:

You’ve got some extra time, keep it going!

Haha, perfect, because I almost got there last night.
Almost. I was in the process of getting to my spot when I lost lucidity…
[community.ld4all.com/t/doubts-land-of-uncertainty/38937/34)

To be clear, do you feel like you’ve completed the Quest and earned your wings :smile:?

Unfortunately, no. Had I gotten there, yes. Swimming in that ocean was nice, though.
Next time :razz:.

Alright, this Quest is officially over. We’ll have the final tally and new Quest up soon!