Help gaining lucidity!

So I have been trying to lucid dream since around March. I have gone on and off, becoming discouraged, but I have almost always kept a dream journal. I have fairly good dream recall. I can remember at least one entire dream (or a bunch back to back creating a massive story) every night, other than the beginning. I have places that I could see being an end to a dream and a beginning of another (scene and people change). However all of my dreams in a single night usually have the same concept and it all seems like an ongoing plot in my dream world.
It really angers me that I have not had a lucid dream yet, or I just don’t remember it. I do reality checks pretty much every day (I have a sticky note on my computer that blocks my Games and Writing folders so I do it before I do either of those; I perform three reality checks (breathing, pushing finger through hand, and looking at hand and counting fingers) every time I get deja vu or just think about dreaming. I was really hoping that someone could give me some advice if any of you have had this before. I don’t really do WILD unless I wake up from a dream during the night (which doesn’t happen often). I often do MILD before sleeping while in bed and during the night if I wake up. I have tried hypnosis and binuaral beats, but nothing works.
By now I am just very discouraged and desperately want a lucid dream. So if any of you can help, I would absolutely love it! :confused: :woo:

Becoming lucid is really a process, so for someone it takes longer and for some shorter time to achieve it.

Don’t worry to much. I always like to point out the importance of enjoying the non lucid dreams as much as the lucid ones. If you begin to ignore non lucid dreams in your pursuit of lucid ones then dreaming in overall loses it’s importance.

You become so occupied with idea of becoming lucid that you just forget that you need to dream in order to have lucid dreams. What I’m saying is that when you will feel excited just because you are going to sleep and just because you will dream amazing dreams(whether lucid or non lucid it really doesn’t matter) then everything you practiced will start to effect your dream world.

As in practice it seems that you are doing everything right. Maybe you should get more into WBTB, of course if your schedule allows you to but if it is in you interest you can always change you schedule to work in your benefit, not the other way around…

Thanks so much! I am not sure about WBTB for my schooling schedule. I have to get up pretty early and need as much sleep as possible. And I kind of appreciate my normal dreams, but not as much as I guess I should. I will try to do that and I hope that it helps with everything. Now time to go write my dreams down :happy:.

So I did what you said last night, and it helped a lot! (I think) It was early morning and I woke up. I remembered my previous dream. I went back to bed then woke an hour later, I remembered that dream. I went to sleep. I woke thirty minutes later, remembered the dream in bed, but when I went to write it I couldn’t :sad: . I went to sleep once again and woke an hour later. I remembered that dream too. I was able to write three dreams this morning :happy: . It could also have to do with a sort of WBTB thing in the morning, but I still think it has something to do with not focusing on just lucid dreaming. Thanks a lot, and if anyone else wants to suggest anything that would be wonderful :happy: .

I did it again last night. Instead of three dreams, I completely remembered a whole entire giant dream that spanned my whole sleep while I dreamed (from what I know because it was supppppppeeeeeeerrrrrrrr long) I remembered, for the first time, faces, people, and almost every little bit. I remember speech (exactly what people said) and other random bit of information. Thanks so much, I am definitely happier than I was just two days ago. But again, lucid dreaming still looms over me, no matter what I think about it. Please help if you can! :happy:

Dude, I completely know where you are coming from! I have not had a lucid dream either, but I know that If We both keep at it, we can do it.
I, just like you have indeed tried basicly everything you have. Beta waves, binarual beats, and almost every technique, but the most important thing is, keep a dream journal, which I see you are doing, so that’s a plus one. :smile:
Keep a positive outlook, and stay on those reality checks!
From what I, as someone who has done extensive research,and put some serious time into this, you are doing everything right.
But as for my personal opinion, you may need a break. “Take a chill-pill” as some would say. It seems you are raging and bucking on the topic of lucid dreaming, so Keep your dream journal, and reality checks up, but just take a week or two to
be with some friends, mabey watch a movie, eat a snack, just generally take your mind off of it. Then, follow your normal lucid practice routine again, and see if it helped! :content:
Best of luck to you friend! :cool:
-Hamletpig

P.S:- If you own an IPod, or such, you might want to take a look at a special application called:“Brainwave dream inducer” produced by bananzi labs. It is a very big help and costs about one doller. It creates synthetic beta waves, and the likes. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Dude, I completely know where you are coming from! I have not had a lucid dream either, but I know that If We both keep at it, we can do it.
I, just like you have indeed tried basicly everything you have. Beta waves, binarual beats, and almost every technique, but the most important thing is, keep a dream journal, which I see you are doing, so that’s a plus one. :smile:
Keep a positive outlook, and stay on those reality checks!
From what I, as someone who has done extensive research,and put some serious time into this, you are doing everything right.
But as for my personal opinion, you may need a break. “Take a chill-pill” as some would say. It seems you are raging and bucking on the topic of lucid dreaming, so Keep your dream journal, and reality checks up, but just take a week or two to
be with some friends, mabey watch a movie, eat a snack, just generally take your mind off of it. Then, follow your normal lucid practice routine again, and see if it helped! :content:
Best of luck to you friend! :cool:
-Hamletpig

P.S:- If you own an IPod, or such, you might want to take a look at a special application called:“Brainwave dream inducer” produced by bananzi labs. It is a very big help and costs about one doller. It creates synthetic beta waves, and the likes. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

It’s a progress, you said it yourself, you are much happier then you were 2 days ago. Hold to that. Remember that happiness before you fall asleep it will help you to do even more.

With time lucidity will come.

This awakening you did help you a lot in remembering dreams, because you woke up and you become more aware/lucid, your mind got awaken but your body remained asleep enough for you to drift back to sleep and that’s the key point. Mind awake body asleep. Now with practice and patience you can find when to wake up and how long to stay awake in order to maximize dream recall and chance for getting lucid.

Good luck! :content:

All the best!

Short because I need to go to school:
I have been reading everything, but didn’t want to seem like I was obsessing :razz: . Thank you all for so much help and my dream world has improved so much just in the last week or so. Last night I can only remember one dream because it was a nightmare. I try to move my head to see out of the room (my room, and I was fully conscious as in real life, so therefore semi-lucid because I didn’t realize it was a dream) after a large knocking noise and screaming. The fan blocks all the rest, and when I move my head it jerks back to its previous position, then goes. (Imagine shaking your head as in saying “no” (in America), and then slightly moving the whole thing while continuing to shake to one side.) Eventually I just decided to massively jerk my head and I woke up terrified. I held my pencil for writing dreams the rest of the night :razz:.

Were you paralysed?
If so then you were very close to having a lucid dream.
I’ve been practicing for 1 month now, it’s vacation so I’ve got more than enough freedom to mess with my sleeping-pattern. :tongue:
I begun with having a WBTB-cycle, which basicly means that for 3 nights in a row I told myself that I will wake-up around 3AM, I repeated that and visualized myself opening my eyes and looking at the clock which would say 3.00.
To my suprise I did woke up every night:

First: 03.05
Second: 02.50
Third: 02.40

And now I don’t even have to do anything, it’s now part of my sleep-cycle to wake up in the middle of the night, perfect for doing WILD’s.
But there’s what I’m also trying to do last week, WILD’s are hard, but I think that tonight it might finally work.
Then again, I’m having alot of fun just having normal dreams and being able to remember a lot better than before! :cool:

No, I wasn’t doing a WILD or anything if that’s what you mean. I know that it was just a short nightmare. But of course I was paralyzed as we all are when we are dreaming. Although, now that I think about it I could have been and just been figuratively moving my head in the HI phase. Then I jerked it and woke up completely. If only I had been trying to WILD :razz: . It was the night before school started though, so I wanted to sleep normally as much as possible.