I'm making a movie about this

Hello,

Okay, so I basically stumbled upon Lucid Dreaming and now I can’t get it out of my head and I can’t understand why the media doesn’t give it more screen time, considering it’s such an interesting subject.

Anyway, I’m curently writing a manuscript for a movie about this subject. Nothing big, just a smaller indie movie with my friends. I haven’t had a lucid dream yet, though I’m working on it, so I need you guys’ help!

My movie is about a young kid who is being bullied in school and basically living a bad life. So he kind of gives up on real life and instead focuses on lucid dreaming, where people actually like him, and where he can get revenge aganst those who bullies him in real life and then you follow this kid’s journey through dreams and such.

BUT, since I haven’t had a lucid dream, then I can only write things in the manuscript that I have read. So I just want to hear your lucid dream stories and hopefully it will give me some inspiration. Also I have a few question.

Is dreaming happening in real time? The internet can’t seem to agree about that.

When you try to lucid dream, you can risk to see dark and scary figures. Is it true that you can’t move your body while you see them, because your body is paralyzed?

Sorry for the bad english, it isn’t my first language.

Take care

Hi, it’s good that you want to make a film about Lucid-dreaming but you have to know that the majority of the people who don’t know what Lucid-dreaming is will very likely see it as some sort of Wikka/drug so becarefull with that when making your film. I think that you have to start your film with some sort of Morgan Freeman voice explaining what Lucid-dreaming is. :tongue:
Also, I think that the majority of people who Lucid-dream don’t only do it to escape reality, it’s a part of life that most people don’t know exists yet you can learn alot from it.
Other than that…

Is dreaming happening in real time?

Yes, In 1985 Stephen LaBerge performed a pilot study which showed that time perception while counting during a lucid dream is about the same as during waking life. Lucid dreamers counted out ten seconds while dreaming, signaling the start and the end of the count with a pre-arranged eye signal measured with electrooculogram recording. LaBerge’s results were confirmed by German researchers in 2004. The German study, by D. Erlacher and M. Schredl, also studied motor activity and found deep knee bends took 44% longer to perform while lucid dreaming. However, a 1995 study in Germany indicated that lucid dreams can have varied time spans, in which the dreamer can control the length. The study took place during sleep and upon awakening. They required the participants to record their dreams in a log and record how long the dreams lasted.

When you try to lucid dream, you can risk to see dark and scary figures. Is it true that you can’t move your body while you see them, because your body is paralyzed?

Yes!
I know a link but posting links on this forum isn’t allowed so I will tell you what you have to type in for finding a good article…

1. Go to Google

2. Type, “Sleep paralysis dreamviews”

3. Then look for “Sleep paralysis Demystified - Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views”

4. Read the article carefully! :content: