–part 1 E
–part 2 L & E
–part 3 L & E
–Bonus L
Task 2:
–part 1 E
Combo pts: 1
LD4all Quest: Completed[/spoiler]

I actually had a reasonable dream. Not a lucid dream, though Here it is.

I had a normal dream here (second dream) with a fair bit of conversation. I can typically tell you about a DC’s tone of voice and some amount of actual words they said in any dream I have with enough dialogue, but often omit it for the sake of emphasizing which details are “important”. However, it seems like the rest of the LC is going to change how my DJ is written. :razz:

I had a short LD this morning, in which I tried to remember what the LC task was, but couldn’t. Then I woke up. (Not very exciting.)

[link]

Sorry I haven’t been present lately… I tend to disappear from the forums for a day because of my terrible recall right now. :razz: But here I am to answer your questions! :happy: (PS, if you need to get a hold of me right away I’m usually in IRC. :razz: )

OlegEqualzName: Welcome to the LC! As I said in IRC, you’re in. I’ve just been absent so I haven’t gotten a chance to add you to the list on the first post. :razz:

Lumessence: Thanks. It always seemed to me that we try to have LDs with great feats and lots of grandeur, but it’s all action oriented. I’d like to see a little quality thrown in there with that quality. :smile:

Nice dream quality on Low profile bounty hunt. One thing though:

Nonsense! :razz: Write as much as you want! I was getting into it. :razz:

LDbc12: Your dream will count for Task 2 Part III. You listened to the silence. I was looking to see what each of you would fill the silence with and it would seem you filled it with music. :smile:

Thorn: Nope. Only counts as one. Your question actually made me have to think on that. The way it shall play out is that you can complete each task as many times per dream as you like, but you only get points for the task “per dream”. So if you listened to three songs in one dream and two more in another dream you’d only get points for Part II twice. I’ll update the rules to include mention of this situation.

HeadInTheClouds: You can continue to post your dreams in the thread if you want. You can also put them in spoiler tags if you feel you have to. That being said ALL tasks are repeatable. All of them. Feel free to do them as many times as you can. :razz: Pay attention to what I spoke to Thorn about, though.

Letaali: Nice detail. The conversation would have been enough, but it’s good that you can recall those minute details. Keep on! :smile:

Man, the LC is really good for me :happy:

Another quite long LD. This one I was outside some kind of haunted mansion. It looked like a multi-million dollar mansion and was nice, but the whole building was lit up with an odd greenish-blue light. There was also a pretty massive graveyard. The inside of it looked like a normal hotel, but there was a general feeling of something being off. Oh, and the ghosts and undead that appeared later were a bit of a give away that something was afoot. On a side note, it’s awesome making creepeh things like ghosts and giant spiders explode just by pointing at them. There’s a possibility I was working for the dream police again, but no clear evidence.

Anywho, task related.

There was a creepy kind of music playing from a hearse that was in the driveway. Very atonal and with instruments I wouldn’t be able to pick up. Sounded like a mix of voice, violin and oboe for one of them. Not much of a rhythm to it, but it was clearly music. Also heard some samba music later (see below).

I also listened in on a conversation inside the mansion. The owner, who had apparently invited myself and several others to this mansion. He was wearing a purple trench coat, had curly hair and sunglasses. He was talking to a very hairy butler. He specifically said “Ok, they’re all here. This is boring, start everything now.” The butler responded with something to the effect of “will we get out on time?” He responded “I will, anyway. Get going.” For the record, I made sure he didn’t get out when all the craziness with the undead happened :tongue:

After whatever it is the butler did, the lights went out and the floor was covered with a glowing blue mist. I was by myself and there was a corner leading to a long hallway. Not wanting any jump scares, I stopped and listened. At first it was quiet, though I could make out some unusual music in the background. Then I could make out some scuffling sounds, though the direction wasn’t clear. The longer I listened, the more random ambient noises popped up. All of them were basic “haunted house” noises except for what sounded like samba music somewhere else in the house.

I was just made aware that points for tasks stack, I thought it was still just for whatever the highest rating dream was. Sooo… I feel kinda dirty, but my dreams are very sound oriented.

During the last task (sorry, I don’t remember the day anymore), I had an ND in which I saw a statue of a fallen hero in his home village. The way it was constructed made it appear with genuine emotion. It was constructed by hand, or so I was told, and you could really see the sorry in the chisel work. It’s hard to describe, but it was definitely inspiring. It was during the task, but I realize if the early points no longer qualify.

I did already post this but I suppose I should clarify, I thought that I wouldn’t get stacked points. I would certainly call the sight grand [Lucidity Challenge 38: Awards Ceremony!)

Sunday night I had an ND that included me listening to a movie’s soundtrack. It was from Sweeney Todd, specifically the song “Epiphany”. The singers voice sounded female, though still deep, and it was a little faster than normal. I pointed that out to my wife’s DC, who said “it’s sort of like when Pocahontas rode the horse.” Still not sure what that means.

There was also another dream last night where a trumpet player was playing “Bugler’s Holiday”. Tonality and rhythm were perfectly normal, though part of the way through it sounded like there was a harmony part playing as well.

Geez… I feel like I’m cheating right now, especially considering I usually remember dialogue. Feels like a lot of free points :\

More conversations in ND’s again. I knew in one of the dreams that the world was fake but did not become lucid. Is that still worth some points?

More conversation/dialogue here. The first dream (the fragment) had conversation, but I couldn’t remember the exact words. The second dream had most of the spoken words remembered.

EDIT: I distinctly heard game music as well, but forgot to mention that here. It was mentioned in the journal entry, though.

I had a LD last night, but I’m not sure as to whether it was short or medium length. It was kind of on the edge of being short or medium, but I think that I will go with medium, as it felt more like a medium LD than a short one.

I used WILD to enter the dream, although I think I used WILD within a dream itself and not from a wakeful state. I got out of my bed and listened to the silence. The only thing that I could hear was a loud horn from a big-rig that kept being blown every few seconds. I attempted to find a pizza sandwich recipe by searching throughout my house, but it was a failed attempt. I then remembered the song part of the task, and sang Take It Easy by The Eagles. I don’t know if it counts if we’re the ones creating the music, but as for a description, it sounded about as horrid as it does when I sing IRL. The one exception was that it did seem somewhat more on time than I normally sing IRL. I went to the mirror in my bathroom and tried to accomplish my personal task, but every time my hands went in the mirror to pull my clone version out, they came out empty-handed.

I also had a ND earlier in the night where I was also in my bedroom, and for some reason heard a melody playing. It sounded like it was a popular Queen song, possibly Another One Bites the Dust, but when thinking about it after I woke up, the beat wasn’t exactly like that song. However, if it wasn’t a Queen song, then it was still some song that is famous as the melody and beat were too recognizable to me.

If you’re wanting more description from me, let me know. I’m trying as best as I can to describe stuff, which is not by best area of writing. Also, I’m still not sure on the meaning of seeing something grand. I had another ND last night where there was this really awesome throw down between two celebrities. Is seeing something you would consider as amazing or awesome qualify as grand?

Last night I had a short LD lasting about 2 seconds. What happened was that I noticed a dream sign and I was about to RC. But in that exact moment IRL my mom opened my door and came in my room to let the dog out, waking me up. Terrible timing in her part.

In those 2 seconds of lucidity i did not complete any tasks so i really don’t feel like typing it up in my DJ :razz: . But I never actually completed the RC so I’m not sure if that should be considered being lucid. I think I get points for wondering if I’m dreaming, though…

I had an ND last night where Wyvern, Thorn and I were in a mall. For some reason they were discussing how a member Named “shomolousk” (that’s the closest I can get based on its sound) was good at painting nails. She had apparently been doing it since she was 5, though I’m not sure why Wyvern or Thorn were aware of this :tongue:.

Therr was backgroubd mysic in the mall we were in. It sounded like the elevatot music from Lego Island, assuming anyone actually remembers that game.

This morning I had a long LD here. Probably my most successful dream for the LC.

In addition to completing Task 1.2 and Task 2.3, I also completed my personal task (eating food) and the LD4all quest (#12, here)

Whew!

Edit: Oooops! I almost forgot! The firework things that I saw in the dream inspired me to do that science experiment thing on youtube (link in my DJ).

And also, yesterday, when I had that 2 second LD, I forgot to mention this. Before I became lucid, I heard some music. It was kind of like pop music, but also a little like rock and roll. And it was really fast paced music. (GAH, I remembered one more little detail, but now i forgot it :’( . I should have DJ’ed it!)

I had a long LD here in which I listened to silence and later heard a “dialogue” (by which I mean a monologue with one sentence of a response when I realized that a monologue didn’t count).

ND: I was basically in one of those TV specials from the 70’s where they try to make Jesus a Hippie. It was nighttime and me and our group was outside of some old car wash. Two DC’s were having a conversation about whether we should open the car wash the next day or relax. The one thought it would be fun while the other wanted to have the day off, though he never said why. Jesus (who appeared to be quite distracted by a flower in classic hippie fashion) said “brothers, stop. I hear the night.” Of course, his voice was all hippie-ish. Reeeaaaal laid back, surprised he didn’t drop a “groovy”.

Anyway, listened for whatever he heard but there was nothing other than silence. Normally I hear at least something in most dreams so once I woke up this seemed odd, though I didn’t notice during the dream. Eventually a car pulled up, and I recognized (FM) the guy as being a local jerk. A few of the others spoke up, basic stuff like “aw man, it’s Steve… let’s ditch him.”

A DC and I tricked him into pulling his car into the car wash which kind of ruined the car since we left the hood and windows open. Steve, who didn’t know we did it, looked quite upset. I felt sorry for him and comforted him, and even offered to try to jump start the car. When I did though, my car almost exploded into flames >.>. As I put the flames out, music from Jesus Christ Superstar played, though instrumental only.

tl;dr dialogue, music and silence in an ND.

Edit: The sight task is also involved, Steve’s car was extremely vivid when wet. I could see the water droplets and the fabric was also cearly moist. Just one of those fun things I noticed.

Rhewin: Lots of points. :razz:

Letaali: I’ll count that as a “lucid moment”. :wink:

HITC: About the “grand” celebrity brawl, did you step back in awe? (Or have a similar reaction.) If so, I’ll accept it as grand.

LDbc12: About your 2 second lucid, if you think it was a lucid tell me. It’s up to you to tell me if you felt the “click” and just instinctively RC’d or you weren’t sure so you were RCing. :razz:

EDIT: LDbc12, since you completed your personal goal you are free to pick a new one or try to accomplish that one again. Whatever you decide, please let me know.

Okay, I decided to join. :razz:
Average length 15-20 minutes.
Personal task: Do everyone else’s personal tasks. :razz: (I guess this will be in 15 parts for me)

Last night in a ND I was skating with my boots on an icy road in the middle of a winter night. I heard loud bass coming from a car that was approaching. I jumped into some snow and heard some generic techno as the car passed. No idea what song it was. This is all I recall, so I don’t think I’m going to bother writing it in my DJ.

Had a dream involving fight club, skyrim and my love of pancakes. (ND)

Me and my friends go into a cave and i clearly remeber me reciting the fight club rules but to do with pancakes.

“first rule of pancake club, you do not talk about pancake club”
“second rule, no pancakes for breakfast”
“third rule, if it is your first night here you must flip a pancake”

Made me chuckle.

Not sure if i get points for that as a hear a dialogue.

Yes, I’m still alive and participating, but my recall does not seem to be…