Lucidity Challenge 38: Awards Ceremony!

I don’t know if FLD can be chained, but I had a FLD/lucid dream (hard to tell which one it was), lost that false/low level lucidity, and then later in the dream had an actual FLD. Overall, I would still consider the first part of the dream to be a FLD or a low level LD.

I had an ND with dialogue here. Today’s the last day for early points with dialogue, so hopefully it becomes a smaller part of the total points from here on out. :tongue:

I had a ND in which I listened to music here.

I had a short LD and a ND here . They both include dialogue.

Posted a long LD from 2 nights ago. Had dialogue and music. Vivid and Grand imagery. Also got the recipe for pizza sandwich. [community.ld4all.com/t/wyverns-lucid-logs-ii/33131/33)
7/15 of my personal task done… will have more done with the next post from the same night.

Jessica: Okay. :smile:

Wyvern: No problem. Don’t worry about it. :happy:

HeadInTheClouds: No I won’t count that as chaining as chaining specifically involves Lucidity. I’m only going to count it as one FLD since an FLD is a quality that applies to a dream as a whole, even if your false lucidity had faded. If you were to however have multiple lucid moments per dream (asking yourself if you were dreaming twice, for example) I would have counted that the appropriate number of times (2 in this case).

Thorn: I haven’t looked at the stats in a while, but I don’t think the dialogue earned everyone as many points as people seem to be thinking they would have.

And here’s Task 3!

Task 3: Touch
Moving on down the chain I find that touch sensations fall (at least for me) in third when it comes to dream detail. There are MANY aspects of touch, however, so you will find that there is, equally, many more ways of earning points.

This week you will need to explore the world around you in a way that doesn’t involve you eyes. Though you may still report on what you saw, I’m looking for primarily a physical description of the world around you.

[b]1. (Simply) Touch something + 20

1. Touch something warm / cold + 30
  2. Touch something with texture + 40
  3. Touch something unusual + 50
  • For each additional detail you report + 5
    [/b]
    As with the previous tasks, you must describe the sensations produced by interacting with whatever it is. You don’t have to go into EXTREME detail for… certain things (Wyvern… Thorn… :tongue: ), but I would like you to at least express having felt said details.

Bonus Task
It would seem that the only one to have completed the previous bonus task would be the one who provided the inspiration for it. As fitting as it would be I was hoping more would succeed. Still, here’s the third bonus task!

* Interact with an SCP!

All you have to do is report seeing / hearing / smelling etc. something involving the Secure Contain Protect foundation. If you’re unfamiliar with this “organization” please visit the link. If you don’t wish to complete the bonus, don’t worry. It is only worth 10 points.

This task will run for one week until approximately 6 PM EST, Sunday, September 8, 2013. Good luck!

Scoreboard
Though it was in an NLD the creativity points go to… muccy! Pancake club sounds delicious… I mean delightful… I mean what club? :razz:

Scores! :happy:

LC 38 Scoreboard

1. Thorn ( 1340 )

2. Rhewin ( 970 )

3. LDbc12 (940 )

4. HeadInTheClouds ( 635 )

5. Wyvern ( 405 )

6. Lumessence ( 300 )

7. Letaali ( 190 )

8. James_UK2008 ( 90 )

9. muccy ( 55 )

10. Jessica ( 55 )

11. Mew151 ( 40 )

12. OlegEqualzName ( 40 )

13. Ecila6 ( 20 )

14. Yev ( 20 )

15. argon ( 0 )

16. catt ( 0 )

17. Scipio Xaos ( 95 )

For those of you wondering what happened to the ‘+’ signs… I was going to keep track of how much each person incremented by each week, but… meh. :razz:

What a terrible week. Seems like my mind decided to spend all it’s energy on that one night.

Touch… ehm. Makes me think of that dream a posted a few days ago…

Posted my second long LD from 2 nights ago. Vivid imagery, something grand, and something inspiring.
Dialogue was heard and I listened to the silence.
Also chain bonus.
[community.ld4all.com/t/wyverns-lucid-logs-ii/33131/34)

11/15 personal tasks completed.

Here’s an ND that has dialogue and also touches something cool and smooth. I notice that the task says it must be warm or cold, not hot or cool, and also that it must be textured and not smooth, so I guess I need to read more carefully. That said, I wasn’t expecting to manage even the standard “(Simply) Touch something” task in an ND, so this is a start. I lucked out and had the touch sensation right before the end of my final dream, so I managed to remember it when I would otherwise forget it.

Successful night.

I actually managed to pull off all of those… Except for the bonus task.

Now let’s hope it’s not like last week where for the rest of the task challenge I have nothing but FA’s, Nightmares, and general lack of sleep.

oh… 1 short ld.

I was lucid for, maybe, a little over a minute in one of my dreams last night (“Someone else’s dream”). Also, earlier in the same dream, there was a short piece of dialog.

Then, I had another dream (“What do you want to talk to that guy for?”), and in that one I heard a proper conversation.

[link]

And here… we… go.

So, beat my personal task. Last night had an LD that felt around 30-40 minutes.

In that dream I heard dialogue, saw very vivid detail and touched multiple objects. I also touched a zombie’s face which was cold, had the texture of an alligator skin purse, and I think it’s safe to say it was quite unusual. LIIIIIINK. It also happened to be LD 200 :3

Also from last night, I had a separate dream I was talking to my nephew. He kept demanding that I give him a piece of fried chicken that I was eating, but I told him he already had his. His argument was he’s “a growing boy so [he needs] more.” Of course, I was holding the chicken so I suppose that counts as touch, but I do recall the texture being very greasy. Must not have been healthy chicken :razz:.

A dream from Sunday night included with me almost violently arguing with a coworker. The quite colorful dialogue included me yelling at him for stealing a customer and him yelling back that the customer was his to take because he saw them first (which he hadn’t). I can post more detail if needed, but I dun wanna think about work right now :razz:.

And that’s a wrap.

Last i had a lucid dream, but most of it is foggy and unclear since i had terrible recall last night. But I do remember it being pretty long (not the longest), so I’ll say it was a long LD.
The only task I remember completing is touching something. It was a carpet on a floor and it felt like, well, how a carpet should, soft with the stringy things and bunched up together.

I had two NDs with dialogue here.

Two ND’s

The first one I had a conversation with a guy who was ver’ mentally disabled who kept insisting I got to a strip club. I didn’t want to go but he made me. For whatever reason I was wearing these giant glove hands. They looked like leather but I remember them feeling like microfiber cloth when I took them off. There was a lot of loud music blasting in the background. And then I saw Miley Cyrus perform on stage… I went out of my way to avoid seeing that video so it found its way into my dream, and it was in unfortunately vivid detail >.<… the crowd was not pleased either XD.

The other dream involved Wyvern and I in a hotel room… Er… lemme try to keep this PG. We had a discussion, of course, mostly just “I love you” :razz:. I definitely saw… things that I’d consider grand in vivid detail <.< . And, on top of just the basic “touch” points, I felt something smooth, something warm, something quite… er… firm… As far as kissing goes I suppose I could add wet to the list. Hair, that is textured I suppose. But uh… yeah, just let me know if you need more detail than that and I can send a PM >.>

Both were ND’s though I did question if I was dreaming before getting distracted with Wyvern

Edit: I did just remember that in that first dream I was getting some kind of cream out of a bottle, and it had an extremely unusual feeling to it. Not quite liquid or solid. No easy way to describe it.

Medium LD from September 1st posted. (So it still qualifies for early points in regard to sound tasks, sorry for my slow posting.)
Dialogue, music, listened to silence.
Also completed the Quest.

[community.ld4all.com/t/wyverns-lucid-logs-ii/33131/35)

Rhewin. :thumbs: :tongue:

Long ND, a few things accomplished. Lots of dialogue.

Abusing other’s power

I wrote three dreams worth a few LC points each in this morning’s DJ entry. The first dream is a short LD that loses and regains lucidity, but has no tasks done. The second dream has a heavy, smooth figurine forced into my hands that I hold briefly before getting rid of it (as I felt the weight and “knew” that it would tire my arms), as well as plenty of dialogue and seeing details about a product I find on a shelf. The third dream has dialogue and has me touch a plastic Slinky and get painfully pinched by it.

In a medium LD here I touched something and also had a conversation.

I accomplished a few tasks here. The first is a short LD in which I did not complete any tasks. In the third dream, I touched something hot, and I had a, strange, conversation…