Lucidity Challenge 38: Awards Ceremony!

Had an ND where I was going into a jungle temple. I walked through water which was cold on my feet, and felt the textures of the rope I was holding on to. I could hear the water when I was alone, and had a conversation with Beaker from the Muppets. I believe his exact words were “meep meep meep.” I also saw a giant gold idol I would call grand.

Frustrating… I remember I had two point-intensive dreams this morning but now have no memory… damn work!

Here’s another ND I had.

I believe “touch” was in there.

2 medium LD’s last night.
First dream I heard music and saw something grand.
Second dream I had dialogue and touched something with a slippery texture (does that count?) and was cold.

Summaries posted:
[community.ld4all.com/t/wyverns-lucid-logs-ii/33131/37)

The two NDs posted here have some points in them. The first dream simply has some dialogue in it.

The second dream sees something grand (the initial environment), sees something in vivid detail (via an staff that performs x-rays), has dialogue, has music (part of a video game — I recognize and whistle the song), has a focus on silence (as I try to sneak up on something along with another person), touches something (a thin, lightweight tablet for a video game), touches something cool (water), touches something textured (petting a dog), and touches something unusual (the x-ray staff). The only task NOT done is the “see something inspiring” task, which has constantly eluded me; I have yet to be deeply affected IWL by something in a dream during the LC.

Last night I had a short LD here in which I did not complete any tasks. The second dream, a ND, has dialogue.

OlegEqualzName: Yes. You can still get points for doing the previous tasks, but no Early Points nor the Bonus Task points.

Points for the chair. Those count cause you felt the sensation of touching the chair. :wink:

BrandonBoss: :smile: (Also, the “31 nights” confused me for a bit. :razz:)

Thorn: Don’t worry about it. I’ll take your word on it. :wink:

No Part IV (unusual touch) points for the staff, though. I consider a staff not unusual at all, even if it does give you x-ray vision. Sorry. :sad:

Jessica: I’ll give you “vivid detail” for that dream. Also, if you could actually hear the characters from Friends “greeting themselves sarcastically” you’ll get dialogue points for that. I don’t know if you did, though, so let me know.

LDbc12: In your post here you mention an LD, what length was it?

Wyvern: o.O A little revenge on Thorn for him using you to get points? XD

Also, slippery texture does count. I use the word texture to refer to the feeling caused by a surface’s “texture” so something slippery would have a slippery surface, and thus a slippery texture… It might sound strange, but you get points for it, so… :tongue:

Task 4 - Smell
Up next in our endeavor into detail, our foray into focus, is Smell. Why smell instead of taste, you ask? Well the sense of smell greatly influences our sense of taste, therefore it is the natural predecessor to taste, but moving on.

This week you need to engage in outrageous acts of olfactory delight! … err… Smell like you’ve never smelt before. :tongue: Remember, your goal is not to report that you smelt something, but to report how something smelt.

[b]1. Smell some food (no points for tasting it yet!) + 30

1. Smell something good / bad + 40
  2. Smell something new (as in, a new smell) + 50
  3. Smell something that doesn’t exist IWL + 60
    [/b]
    Remember, detail is key!

Bonus Task
Sadly no one completed last week’s bonus… :sad: Oh well… it was sort of out there. This week’s bonus comes to you from fellow LD4All member StarryGwee!

* Shrink yourself (by at least 50%)!

You heard it! Just make yourself smaller!

This task will run for one week until approximately 6 PM EST, Sunday, September 15, 2013. Good luck!

Scoreboard
This week’s creativity points go to… Thorn and Wyvern! They both attempted the same task variation and had some success. Since Wyvern… “made it farther” I award him 30 points instead of 20. Sorry Thorn… :tongue:

LC 38 Scoreboard

1. Thorn ( 2870 )

2. Wyvern ( 2380 )

3. Rhewin ( 2235 )

4. LDbc12 ( 1320 )

5. HeadInTheClouds ( 635 )

6. Lumessence ( 300 )

7. Letaali ( 190 )

8. OlegEqualzName ( 165 )

9. BrandonBoss ( 130 )

10. Yev ( 115 )

11. James_UK2008 ( 90 )

12. Jessica ( 90 )

13. muccy ( 55 )

14. Mew151 ( 40 )

15. Ecila6 ( 20 )

16. argon ( 0 )

17. catt ( 0 )

18. Scipio Xaos ( 405 )

Oh, look at that. I’d be first if I was just up to date writing out these blasted dreams. :tongue:

Here’s a medium LD from September 2nd.
There was plenty of dialogue and I listened to silence. Vivid dream… Also touched something (the wall), and something with texture (the diamonds). Technically I should be getting early points for the touch tasks… but I really don’t care either way.
Takes me a while to write these things, so I’m behind…
[community.ld4all.com/t/wyverns-lucid-logs-ii/33131/38)

Thanks Scipio :content: yeah, I heard them say the words as they appeared on the screen.

Here is today’s DJ entry. As usual, it had dialogue. I also saw something inspiring; while the dream’s math wasn’t entirely correct while calculating the discriminant of a 3x3 matrix, it actually did the first step correctly even though I recently realized that I’d forgotten how to do it IWL! I remembered the entire process upon waking up.

Yup it happened. I broke a record using a WILD new method longest dream evar!!

Ironically… Saturday night I had a dream where I was opening drawers, and different smells were being described to me… Though the unfortunate part, is that even then, i could not smell a thing. I have not smelled anything in dreams for a long time.
It would have been nice if i had taken the time to write it in my journal. It would have been an interesting precog there.

A bit of dialogue here. I feel like my senses were much more involved than the journal entry suggests, but I can’t recall things clearly.

Got the weirdest tactile I ever want to feel in an ND. Here is the post:

[community.ld4all.com/t/adventure-time/39205/8)

Okay, its been awhile. I’ve been extremely busy, and I don’t think the stress is good for my lucid dreaming.

I had a ND the other night where I was touching and holding a key, rubbing my fingers on it. I felt its texture, which was basically like metal, with a slightly rigid place on part of the key.

In another ND from the other night, I was taking my parents inside the TARDIS, and my father said “It is bigger on the inside.” He said it like I had already told him that it was bigger on the inside, but in the dream he had never actually had any experience with the Doctor or the TARDIS until that moment.

I had a ND last night where I was in Japan, outside of a crashed TARDIS, and the Doctor was yelling to me something “the Mongolians are coming, we need to get out of here.”

I had a FA last night that resulted from an extremely brief moment of lucidity (<5 secs) where I was touching my bed sheets, which can only really be described as feeling like heavy bedsheets.

Finally, I had a medium LD last night. About time. I again tried my personal task and failed. I did touch something unusual by jumping into a mirror. The best I could describe it was like a gelatinous mass that was dark and quite suffocating.

After writing this post, I just realized that I had two Doctor Who related dreams in the last couple days. That’s a lot considering I haven’t watched it recently, nor do I usually dream about it. Cool :cool:

[community.ld4all.com/t/adventure-time/39205/9)

Had some LDs. Not going to count 4 of them because my recall slipped and they would resemble the others too much if I wrote them down. Naps suck for stability for me, so don’t judge my LDing prowess by these LDs. :razz:

Two NDs here. The first one had dialogue, while the second one had dialogue and touching something (my hair).

I am late sign up

squoak/5 minutes/change my appearance

ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.p … highlight=

Some touch and smell in some vivid nds.

OK, so going back to Monday night:

Two ND’s. First one I was selling fresh cookies in front of the student union. For reasons unknown to mankind, I was selling the cookies for Michael Jackson, who was also there. He was telling me that he wanted to sell the cookies for charity. In the background, the song “Man in the Mirror”. Michael danced to that, and while I may not be his biggest fan, I gotta say that seeing the king of pop dance was pretty grand. Also felt the cookie which I could see in great detail. Very moist on the inside as well as crumbly. Could smell the cookie when I tore one in half. Possibly the best-smelling cookie I’ve ever had… now if only I could actually have one (to be clear, while I smelled food, it definitely was a good smell, not just a “food” smell).

Second dream I was at a buffet of some kind (I must have been really hungry that night). However, this one was a bit different. All of the tables were up on a runway of some kind. Down below was a giant, steaming pool of water. I could vividly see a bunch of food that had fallen in the water (bleh), and I could feel the heat rising from down below. A couple of DC’s mentioned how much they love going there because of a big selection. For lack of a better term, the place smelled like a buffet. I wouldn’t say it was good or bad, but it definitely smelled like food :tongue:.

Tuesday night:

Two short LD’s. I don’t remember a lot of details from the first one, not enough for me to be comfortable submitting anything.

As for the second one, however… Scipio, I’ma just PM you XD

Last night:

First ND I was going with Wyvern to see a musical of some kind. I was driving us there, and when we arrived there was a huge stadium with bright lights that I would say is grand. While in line I held Wyvern. Skin was soft, and could feel threads of shirt. When we got in a DC explained the main actor was sick, so for whatever reason I was supposed to take over. There was generic elevator music playing in the background as well.

Second ND I was at a mall with friends. We were all changing after some kind of sporting even. One guy was showing a girl a special box that glowed in different colors and a velociraptor from Jurassic Park was using the urinal next to me. I totally say those should count as separate things on the sight task XD. I heard lots of dialogue and felt the water in the shower room.

I had a dream here in which I felt callouses on my hands (touching something textured). I also felt arm strain, but I am unsure if that counts as a tactile sensation caused by hanging from a bar; I leave that to the TM. I’m currently more concerned with my waning LD rate and lack of recall — this LC will not slip away from me like the last one did, and I will find a way to fix this issue.