Lucidity Challenge 38: Awards Ceremony!

Double post; I’m so banned. Here’s today’s DJ entries. The first ND has dialogue and music. The second ND has dialogue.

I had a short LD last night. I don’t know if it will count for task points, but I was in a park full of people and could feel the sun very intensely. It was almost more real than IRL. At the same time I felt a cool/chilly breeze while I felt the sun. It was also so real that at times it seemed to be more realistic than it is IRL.

I just clicked the cookie this morning, and I’m pretty sure that game was all I dreamt of through my nap, but I don’t remember any detail at all (not counting it) :confused:

Still have two more nights to this last task!

More dreams today, posted here. The first ND had dialogue, slight fear, and music. The second ND had dialogue. I also have a near brush with WILD, but while I can describe what I saw in vivid detail, I believe it was HI and not yet a dream.

Medium LD here where I consciously attempted Task 7. I had sight, sound, touch(? - felt the air), emotion - happy :smile:

[spoiler]It’s the first time I really concentrated on a specific goal. Last night I thought about what I wanted to do. I had always pictured that task to be on that green hill. I didn’t imagine detail because I decided to let myself do that in my dream.

I had imagined standing on that hill and taking in the view. That same song playing. For touch, I had wanted to lean down and pick up some soft dirt, and feel the world hold me. Smell and taste are my weakest, didn’t really plan those well.[/spoiler]

Double posting as well. Since I woke up at 4am, I had time for another dream to remember this morning: Basketball Showdown

It was an ND where I was a DO. Heard the chanting of the basketball player. I remembered the rhythm and tone of voice (it was kind of raspy and he was eating his words). I was also repeating the beat to determine the rhythm when I woke up.

Had a minor LD here which lasted around 4-5 minutes.

Another short LD.

HeadInTheClouds: I scored your Task 7 as n= 3. I gave you points for 1, 3, and 4. I didn’t think your taste and sound details were vivid enough.

For your Sun heat / cool breeze I scored that as a Temperature Feel (Task 3, Part 2.)

Thorn: I ban you for double posting. :razz:

Jessice: So you’re not counting this dream? Okay.

And congratulations. I scored your Task 7 as an n = 4. :smile:

james_uk2008: I’ll take minor to mean “short”.

Everyone: Just a few more hours! :happy: :happy: :happy:

Some last minute points – I had 2 short LD’s last night.

Here’s my last submission to this LC. The first dream was a fragment with music. The second dream was an ND with touching an object (an empty cup of yogurt), emotion (panic) and dialogue. The third dream was an FLD with a touch sensation (a taut fishing line) and dialogue.

[community.ld4all.com/t/wyverns-lucid-logs-ii/33131/42) onwards

Sept 16

LD medium, vivid, dialogue, tasted food.

Sept 17

1. LD medium, vivid, dialogue, touch something cold, smell something good
  2. LD long, vivid, dialogue, smell food, touch something, touch texture, heard music, smelled something bad. +chain

Sept 20

LD medium, dialogue, tasted food

Sept 21

1. LD small, see something grand, touch something
  2. LD long, Music, touch something cold, drink beer, dialogue, smell something good, touch

Sept 22

LD medium, dialogue, something grand, tasted “food”
LD medium, dialogue, touch something, vivid, touch something very hot, taste food, smelled food, listened to silence, felt emotion (relaxation)?

So many I couldn’t write…

EDIT:

Task 7
medium LD
https://community.ld4all.com/t/wyverns-lucid-logs-ii/33131/46

Okay everyone! The time for submissions is over! I will post the final results in an hour or two… when I get the chance to get to it. :razz:

For those curious, congrats go to Rhewin and other who completed the Bonus Task! Click that Cookie!

And the creativity points for Task 7 go to Thorn for having the earth “hold him” in quite the literal way… :razz:

Further Submissions
No more dream submissions will be accepted EXCEPT those that qualify as an exception. Specifically, if you had the dream close enough to the deadline that writing up an entry was not possible in the short time, or if IRL requirements such as a Job delayed you from submitting the entry, I will accept those dreams beyond the deadline.

Also, all scores will be open to contestation after the final posting of the scores (along with my detailed log of how I scored everyone’s dreams).

Until I post the final results, thanks everyone for competing! And don’t forget to reserve your seat! Spoiler… XD

Edited my post to include taste for a dream (2nd dream, 22 sept.)

/me is disappointed he didn’t have time to post all his dreams to complete his personal task, but oh well.

/me eagerly awaits the results

Here’s my final submission, Book of Regions, Book of Dreams

Woke up from this dream about 5-6 hours ago, but didn’t have internet at the time to post it. I saw something grand, a giant book.

Scipio, yeah, when I woke up I was blank like when I don’t remember my dreams at all Just had the feeling that that was what I dreamed about. And thanks! :smile:

[title]The Lucidity Challenge 38 Awards Ceremony![/title]
[i]You enter the theatre jubilantly. The time has come! The night is tonight! It’s the moment everyone has been waiting for! Unable to contain your excitement you move quickly down the aisle and take your seat… the show is about to begin.

The lights go down and some slow, dramatic music begins to build. Through the shadows you can barely make out a figure who moves onto the stage. Just as the music crescendos a spotlight illuminates the figure![/i]

[color=darkblue]“Hello! And welcome to the Lucid Challenge Thirty-Eight Awards Ceremony! As most of you already know, my name is Scipio Xaos and I will be your host for the evening.”[/color] The LC’s taskmaster says to the excited crowd. [color=darkblue] “We’ve got quite a show for you all tonight! So many awards to give… so many memories to relive… well, what are we waiting for?? Let’s get this show started!”[/color] Scipio yells into the air as the crowd breaks into cheers.

Scipio walks offstage and the lights dim once more. Suddenly, the LD4All insignia with the title “LC 38 Awards Ceremony” appears on a large projection screen above the stage. A narrative voice booms out. [color=indigo]“Tonight, our first Challenge Highlight comes from the contestant muccy! His dream, dubbed “Pancake Club” amused the competitors a little under two weeks into the competition… Let’s listen to what he had to say…”[/color]

[color=indigo]“Made us all chuckle… Heh heh.” [/color]

The projector light fades and the stage lights regain intensity. Everyone, expecting the Taskmaster to return to the stage, gazes on in awe and admiration as the beautiful StarryGwee walks out to greet everyone.

[color=green]“Hello everyone! I’ll be your co-host for this evening.”[/color] She says with a wink. [color=green] "And I have the honor of giving out the first two awards of the night!

“So… our first award, PERSONALity, goes to the competitor who completed the most personal goals.”[/color] Gwee is handed an envelope. [color=green]“And the award goes to…”[/color]

[color=green]“LDbc12! Congratulations! You completed 2 personal goals for a grand total of 100 points!”[/color]

[color=green]“The next award, Let’s Go Questing!, goes to the competitor who completed the most LD4All quests during the challenge.”[/color] Opening another envelope, Gwee speaks to the crowd.

[color=green]“Uh, well. It would seem we have a tie! A five-way tie! Congratulations go out to Rhewin, Thorn, HeadInTheClouds, LDbc12, and Wyvern for each completing an LD4All quest! Have fun questing guys!”[/color]

[color=green]“Let’s give these contestants a round of applause, shall we?”[/color] The crowd stands and applauses the recipients. [color=green]“And now we’ll have another Challenge Highlight…”[/color]

StarryGwee steps offstage and the lights dim again. The projector fires up again and the narrator’s voice fills the theatre.

[color=indigo]“This Lucidity Challenge took an, uh, ‘unexpected’ turn…”[/color] The narrator says with a humorous tinge of embarrassment. [color=indigo]"Thanks to the actions of Thorn, Wyvern, and later, Rhewin, the tasks were interpreted in some very unusual, and unorthodox ways. Due to the nature of such content, it is advised that viewers proceed forwards at their own risk.

“Everyone else, please enjoy the rest of the program!”[/color] Once again the projector is turned off and the lights rise. Scipio Xaos walks back out onto the stage.

[color=darkblue]“Alright everyone. The next two awards are Chained and C-C-C-Combo Breaker!”[/color] The crowd laughs. [color=darkblue]“Chained is awarded to the contestant who has scored the most points through Chains.”[/color] Scipio opens an envelope.

[color=darkblue]“The award of Chained goes to… Oh! Another tie! The award goes to Rhewin, and BrandonBoss! Both had a grand total of 10 chains reported! Give them a round of applause!”[/color]

Scipio brushed off his suit jacket and took the next award envelope in hand. [color=darkblue]“And now for the humorous one.”[/color] He chuckled. [color=darkblue]“C-C-C-Combo Breaker! is awarded to the competitor who amassed the most Combo Sets. This award goes to…”[/color]

[color=darkblue]“Thorn! He attained 78 total Combo Sets worth 1560 points! He’s our top ‘multi-tasker.’”[/color] Scipio laughs.

[color=darkblue]“Give these recipients a round of applause!”[/color] Scipio yelled out to the crowd. Once the silence returned he spoke. [color=darkblue]“Now, enjoy another Challenge Highlight brought to you by LD4All.”[/color]

[color=indigo]“Sort of not related to the challenge,”[/color] The narrator said. [color=indigo]“But humorous none-the-less. User mango_panda stopped by and had the following to say:”[/color]

[color=indigo]“Congratulations!?!”[/color]

StarryGwee walked back out onto the stage and gestured to the crowd. [color=green]“Now we get into the more ‘coveted’ awards of the evening. The next award, Early Bird is awarded to the competitor who had the most early tasks submitted.”[/color] Gwee began to open the envelope.

[color=green]“And congratulations go to… Thorn again! He completed 52 early tasks for a total of 1040 points! Way to go, Thorn!”[/color]

[color=green]“The next award, Lucid Worm,”[/color] The audience laughs at the play on the metaphor. [color=green]“Goes to the contestant who completed the most lucid tasks.”[/color]

[color=green]“And the recipient of the Lucid worm award goes to… Wyvern! Wyvern had a grand total 2820 lucids points stemming from 94 submitted lucid tasks! Congratulations, Wyvern!”[/color]

[color=green]“And finally we have Task “Master”. This person acquired the most Task Points compared to the rest of the contestants.”[/color] StarryGwee began to read out the name…

[color=green]“Thorn! Congratulations! You earned a total of 4094 points through the completion of the seven tasks! Wooo!”[/color]

The audience applauded the recipients as the next Challenge Highlight was presented… surprisingly… Wyvern was on stage… And he began to perform!

The audience broke into cheers as Wyvern finished his routine and took his seat. Scipio Xaos made his way back to the stage.

[color=darkblue]"And so we come to the penultimate list of awards. Given that this is the ‘Lucid Challenge’ you would expect some rewards to be based on lucidity would you not? Well, we have four of them!

“The first, Lucid Initiate is awarded to the LC competitor who achieved the most Short Lucid dreams, but did not rank any higher in this category of awards.”[/color] Scipio opened the envelope.

[color=darkblue]“And the award for Lucid Initiate goes to… HeadInTheClouds and Lumessence! Both submitted 5 short lucid dreams!”[/color]

[color=darkblue]“The next, following from the first, is Lucid Apprentice which is awarded to the competitor who ranked at medium but was beat out in the higher levels. Lucid Apprentice goes to…”[/color]

[color=darkblue]“Thorn! Thorn had a total of 6 Medium LDs. Congratulations Thorn!”[/color]

[color=darkblue]“And now we have Lucid Expert. This award is given to the competitor who had the most Long lucid dreams… Congratulations go to…”[/color]

[color=darkblue]“Rhewin! Rhewin had a total of 6 Long Lucid Dreams! Congratulations Rhewin!”[/color]

[color=darkblue]“Finally, we have Lucid Master This is awarded to the contestant that submitted the most lucid dreams overall… I think we all know who this award is going to, but still…”[/color] Scipio opens the envelope slowly, drawing the moment out.

[color=darkblue]“Congratulations, Wyvern! You submitted a total of 20 lucid dreams!”[/color]

[color=darkblue]“Congratulations to everyone who received an award in the Lucidity category! Please enjoy the last Challenge Spotlight of the night!”[/color]

The stage dimmed and the projector was fired up for the last time.

[color=indigo]“Hello everyone!”[/color] Said the narrator in a rush. [color=indigo]“The last Highlight…” [/color] He fumbled. Crunching noises could be heard. [color=indigo]“… seems to be addicting… Just take a look for yourself.”[/color]

As the projector was turned off all that could be heard of the narrator was frantic clicking and the crisp crunch of delicious cookies.

The stage remained dark however. For a full minute the contestants of the LC were left in total darkness. Slowly a tune began to build. A single spotlight lit the floor. The melody grew louder and louder, more epic and more epic. The beating drums reverberated in the chests of everyone present. Scipio and Gwee walked out and stepped into the center of the spotlight.

[color=darkblue]“And so we come to the final award of the night.”[/color] Scipio said. [color=darkblue]“It is the most coveted of the entire challenge. It is… The winner of the challenge, the next… Taskmaster. StarryGwee, could you please hand me the envelope?”[/color] As she passed him the golden rectangle the audience were on the edges of their seats. Scipio slowly opened the envelope and gazed at the name within. He smiled.

Starry Gwee let out a shout. [color=green]“Thorn! Congratulations! You are the winner of the LC 38 and the next Taskmaster! Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to create more awesome challenges for the contestants to do!”[/color]

[color=darkblue]“Congratulations, Thorn!”[/color] Scipio yelled out. [color=darkblue]“I hope everyone has enjoyed the evening. I thank you for allowing me to host the Lucidity Challenge 38, and I look forward to future years of competitions. Congratulations go out to everyone who competed! Y’all have a great night and pleasant, pleasant Lucid Dreams.”[/color]

Scipio and Gwee walked off stage as the music picked up and the audience discussed in loud chatter the final results.

[title]Final LC 38 Scoreboard[/title]

[spoiler]1. Thorn ( 8529 )

1. Wyvern ( 8370 )

2. Rhewin ( 5150 )

3. Lumessence ( 4030 )

4. HeadInTheClouds ( 2365 )

5. LDbc12 ( 2120 )

6. BrandonBoss ( 1185 )

7. Jessica ( 808 )

8. James_UK2008 ( 653 )

9. Yev ( 545 )

10. Mew151 ( 402 )

11. Letaali ( 190 )

12. OlegEqualzName ( 185 )

13. muccy ( 175 )

14. Ecila6 ( 20 )

15. demented ( 10 )

16. argon ( 0 )

17. catt ( 0 )

18. squoak ( 0 )

19. Scipio Xaos ( 1068 )

The final scoring document can be found here.[/spoiler]

[title]Contestations[/title]
Any contest of the current scoring will be allowed and accepted up till 12:00 AM, Tuesday, October 8, 2013 Eastern Standard Time.

If you believe something should have been scored different, please make your arguments by this hour.

Yes.

Now, join LC 39, and make me feel like I ruined things. :tongue:

Congrats Thorn!

Thanks for letting me in late, Scipio and for running the competition, it looks like a lot of work (especially reading Wyvern’s sexual dreams :razz:). Sorry I didn’t post in the last week. I hope the next challenge has harder challenges that don’t happen NDs. I hate typing up NDs, and the amount of typing I had to do made me not even post some LDs. :meh: I am excited about the next one though.