Lucidity Challenge 39: Congratulations, Koharo!

Bonus: LD Idea Generator script

Some people noticed that the structure of the sign-up sheet was similar to that of a script I’ve run in the LD4all chat room for a while. Indeed, the script itself will give bonus tasks that last for only one day each and will be posted here (you don’t pick your own). As the script randomly picks a dream action, setting, and form, the odds of getting anything coherent are slim. However, in the interest of participant-controlled difficulty, I will award 30 points anytime you complete such a task! If you see the script spit out something reasonable, be sure to jump on the opportunity!

Today’s nonsense from the script:
!idea
Eilatan, in your next LD, you should do a disco-style dance while in a subway tunnel and in the form of a statue!

You don’t have to be Eilatan, of course, but if you (agaisnt all odds) manage the rest before the next randomly generated idea is made tomorrow, the points are yours!

If you would not mind taking a straggler, i would really love to sign up.

Muccy ( 10 seconds)
Personal Goal: Juggle 5 youtube.com/watch?v=v4riZDG6whg
Desired Action: Fus Ro Dah
Desired Setting: A beach.
Desired Form: A God.

^ You’re in! Best of luck to you, god-in-training. :tongue: I hear ambrosia is delicious.

For all participants, notice that I removed the word “expected” from the task, as Lumessence brought up the possibility of receiving a surprise from a DC and not knowing its effect. I think that many people would find a surprise more difficult, but it’s not something I meant to forbid, so I’ve corrected the wording.

Hey, when did this start? I didn’t see a date? I can’t remember the contestant limit either, haha.

BrandonBoss (10 minutes)
Desired Action: fight the witch that beat me last time
Desired Setting: the mall with the theater
Desired Form: Wolf

Personal goal: win a fight, not just get in more hits like normal, either KO, death, or give up.

^ I was wondering where you were, heh. The contestant limit is usually 20, but since we reached that limit in record time, I removed the limit altogether to be fair to people like you that haven’t had a chance to even see this topic. Welcome aboard! You still need to give a personal goal, though; it should be something that’s important to you that you think merits points just for getting it done. The other parts of the sign-up will be used next week for Task 2.

Hmm… if he can choose the desired form “a god”. can i choose “mortal” as mine? :razz:

^ If you’re a goddess in dreams normally, then I guess I really should allow it, but I have to say no. His is uplifting; he could actually feel more powerful or even look more impressive if done. Yours is the antithesis of our theme of “dream control”, though… it has a sense that you want to be powerless and at the whims of the dream, which is not what we’re after. :tongue:

This is true. But even if you’d let me put that there, it’d permanently deprive me of those possible points. Gaining power is possible. Losing it on purpose… not so much.

And yes, Ambrosia is very delicious. Especially grown in your garden rather than bought. Though we grew way too much this year, and ended up passing them out to our neighbors.

Losing power on purpose is easy. Just put the power in an item and leave the item. :smile:

Fun thing to do: let go of lucidity purposefully.
Probably don’t do it for this competition. :happy:

Much easier said than done. I’m connected too thoroughly to my dreamworld for that to work. It’s not so much a power, as it is an integration. Even suppression, and ND’s do not prevent my dream manipulative ability. It is not much different than telling yourself to stop thinking completely.

I’m mostly participating in the LC for a slightly differently hued goal. Not controlling my dream, but controlling myself. A part of that is that I completely lack discipline to plan and carry out goals and guidelines. I did fairly well in the last LC only because it was not so much regarding actions and goals, but just perceptions.

I am guessing that I will not do so well in this LC, but we will see.

I don’t do good with goals either. I normally accomplish a goal every other LD, but it is normally a goal that I had a month ago or so. :razz: This is why it is always a goal of mine to explore, this happens automatically without other goals, so this makes it always satisfying. :happy:

and for the rest:
“believe you can, or believe you can’t, you are right either way.”

Before any of that though
This has to end…

I had trickles of the dream world last night in which I’ve been inspired, encountered, and even began a very fascinating way to approach this task. It’s going to be a real shame if I can’t finalize it.

I had a VERY short moment of lucidity in this morning’s dream. (And also several FA’s. :neutral:)

[link]

Okaaaay… As I say in the DJ entry… I am conflicted… :razz: But here’s a completion of Task 1 Parts 3 and 4. (I’m gonna number them to make it easy to convey which I’m talking about. The numbering is sequential from top to bottom… :razz: ) Why the confliction? You’ll see. :tongue:

LC 39 and Fishing ~ Non-Lucid Dream ~ Task 1 Parts 3, and 4 color=green[/color]

Dreams so Far:

[spoiler]NLDs: 1

Task 1: Part 3, Part 4, EARLY
[/spoiler]

I think I compiled that correctly, Thorn… I’ll find out after you score the dream. :smile:

[color=olive]
Med FLD. Not task related.

@Thorn :bored: So 1:45pm central time was really too early to count for anything??
And FLD length make a difference like LD length??
RC 's[/color]

Today’s randomly generated goal:
!ideaLC
LC participants, in your next LD, you should shoot fireworks from your hands while in an ant colony and in the form of Godzilla!
There’s a conflict in sizes here; will you go for giant ants or a small Godzilla? Or will you wait until the script spits out something sensible? Remember, finishing the latest task created by the script awards 30 points, whether it’s logical or not! It also changes approximately every 24 hours, so you only get one shot!

Yev, lucidity begets lucidity, so congrats on your moment of lucidity!

Scipio, that definitely counts. Just remember that for the repeatable “objects on your person” task, you’ll need to use the baton to rewind time again before starting on a new on-person object. We’ll excuse the teleportation aspect as it didn’t work in that dream, and you’re free to try an object that empowers without worrying about the baton since we’re keeping the two ideas separate in the scoring.

Koharo, I can’t accept dreams from before the LC started, sorry. :confused: Also, FLDs are a flat 5 points no matter the length. We’re training LDs, and FLDs are a nice “almost there” concept but not what we ultimately want. :tongue:

BrandonBoss, I see you were lucid last night, got chain points, and even took a stab at your personal goal, although you haven’t posted any info here yet. Don’t forget to post and give me an idea of the dream’s length!

The scores are updated! Note that the scoreboard is now here; I updated the link in the Task 1 post accordingly. I had a syncing issue that led to the scoreboard being outright deleted (yay for The Cloud!), so I uploaded my backup copy to a new address.

[color=olive]:up: Okay I had to ask again because I didn’t consider the time zones the first time around.

:dingy: Alright then reload it and hit harder next time 'round.
Imitates Joe Swanson Woo!! Fight club!! Get some!! [/color]

^ It comes down to the LC judging based on “the last task active when you go to sleep”. When you went to sleep, there was no task, so the LC did not start for you. This ensures that everybody gets an equal amount of sleeps for each task. Going to sleep and luckily dreaming in line with a task that is posted while you are asleep is not our aim; incubation and lucidity is our aim.

Ah, Thorn, that is a dream from like 6-7th night, it would have counted for last competition had I posted it then. I posted that because I was talking about fighting with some people. It is what gave me the idea for the goal, :razz: not an attempt at it. All my fights don’t end till I wake up or just leave. That is why I didn’t post it here.

Last night I had nothing to do with goals. Boring NDs. Planning on doing some fighting tonight. :happy:

^ Ah, okay. Sorry for the assumption; it’s the very beginning of the LC, so I’m playing nanny a bit until I know everybody’s got the routine down. :razz: In the future, I’ll only score dreams linked or paraphrased in this topic.