Lucidity Challenge 39: Congratulations, Koharo!

I successfully did what i was taught last night, but it wasn’t lucid at all.

[community.ld4all.com/t/adventure-time/39205/28)

Not a bad zombie dream. doesn’t seem violent at first, but then my awareness seems to raise and I am in charge of all my body movements as well as the feelings of bones breaking.

Last night I had a short LD. I didn’t have much recall though, so i have no DJ entry.

mr_Block, congrats! You can declare a second personal goal for 25 points.

Siiw, it’s a start!

LDbc12, I can sympathize with low recall; mine has been terrible lately.

Scores are updated.

I’m so stoked for the weekend and sleeping for more than the usual three hours I’ve been getting, wow!

I’m surprised that I still have recall though, but it’ll definitely get better

Anyway, all these tasks are very motivational and it’s fun coming up with ideas to articulate them, and see how you guys accomplish them! It really sets you in the right mood to get you to WANT to succeed, and I’ll def do my best to be lucid the next couple of days! :happy:

Back after a long while! And with a heck of a dream! :happy:

Water Bending Guitar Crystal? ~ Medium Lucid Dream ~ Personal Goal ; Part 1 Group Incubation ; Dream Chemistry Part II ; 3 Chains

Dreams so Far:

[spoiler]NLDs: 2
LMs: 1
FLDs: 2
Chains: 3
Short LDs: 1
Medium LDs: 1
Long LDs: 1

Task 1: Part 3, Part 4, EARLY ; Part 1 LUCID ; Group Incubation Attempt LUCID
Task 2: - none -
Dream Chemistry: Part 1 ; Part 2
Personal Goals: 1
[/spoiler]

my best ds, gravity distortion. i knew i was dreaming, but didnt do anything about it (coz my sc doesnt like it). can be considered FLD.

I had a bunch of lucid fragments this morning. I think they barely add up to a medium-length, but I woke up several times over the course of them, so I’m not sure that counts.

Also, I ended up completing task 1, by using a book to fly. I didn’t meet the special criteria for my personal goal, though, so don’t give me points for that.

[url]https://community.ld4all.com/t/ians-dreamworld-journeys-starting-anew/39235/16]

[color=olive]5 FLDs, the events I feel are worth mentioning…
-Testing/training abilities with certain songs to see if there is a difference in the effect or appearance.
-Encounter with a restless spirit similar to the slit mouth woman (A Japanese Urban Legend), but she used mirrors and reflections like Bloody Mary. She asks me if I knew who her name was.
-LD4all gathering. Sensed and saw Thorn, Mew, Scipio, and Lumessence. I believe Brandon was off elsewhere on a mission or ahead of the group working solo. (Currently finishing sketches) Thorn appears levitating in the air as his avatar. He was about the about the size of a sprite briefing us on a task while I’m spacing out and distracted.
-Beach party and a situation w/ the mafia (Brandon wasn’t there or involved .-. another fail)
-Close to lucidity a couple of times

In the process of updating and sketching some new art.
[/color]

Scipio, congrats! You’ll be PMed about part 3 of the bonus task, and don’t forget that you can declare a second personal goal for 25 points.

demented, I’ve corrected your score to reflect an FLD.

ian1, good to see you get some task points!

Koharo, I’ve added your FLDs. If only you had remembered to meet all of us in the context of one of the group incubations, you could’ve had a few more points there.

As a quick PSA to everybody, I should note that I made a typo in the group incubation for Task 3. The scoring breakdown had 40 points available, but I had typoed and said the sum was 50 points. The typo has been corrected and the breakdown remains as it was.

Scores are updated.

Last night I had a long LD here. I believe I completed the first part of task 3. I was told how to perform the skill, but i didn’t actually do it or see if working…

LDbc12, you’re exactly right; it counts for the start of Task 3. You can get the other 20 points by managing the skill or by managing a different learned skill, since those points didn’t happen. I’ll give you 3 creativity points for the vegetables, too.

While it’s on my mind, what LDbc12 encountered is a possibility. You might be asked to use some object that may not be with you, and then you’re forced to summon the object. You might consider asking to learn something in a specific manner, such as by saying a magic spell aloud or by making certain motions with your body. This may prevent such a problem.

Scores are updated.

Koharo! That is an awesome dream! sounds like fun.

2 LDs, one short, one long.

SPOILER - Click to view

I am in DBZ world. It doesn’t seem 100% normal, it seems like the version of the world where goku becomes a Super Saiyan God. Yeah… apparently that is a thing. I am with a big group of people in a theater and I RC/stabilize. I eat some popcorn while talking to the people and this old man says that he has some tricks to show me (Same old man as before if you read my DJ). I can’t remember how, but I am outside and he is watching me fly. I am flying like I fly, but at a speed I have never reached before. I can zoom at about 500 miles an hour it seems, so that to others it looks like I am teleporting. I kept getting faster and I got to the speed of instant transmission, the speed of light. I am zooming from one side of the town to the other at will. The old man tells me to come back down at some point (hard to remember) I walk and talk with him for a while and he gets mad at me for not listening. He tells me he will come back when I want to listen. I walk around the neighborhood for a while and I start thinking about the flying and how long I had been in a dream. I thought about it for a long time, and I couldn’t find any other people. The whole dream went black for a while and I don’t remember waking up.

[spoiler]
I am in the place of the previous lucid dream it is a mixture of anime and waking. Reminds me of DBZ world. My wife is standing next to me and I RC and stabilize. I talk to her a little bit and then we go off into the street. It is really bright and I decide that it is as good of place as any. We start… :wink: and then I wake up about 5 minutes in. I use TK to take off my and her clothes.[/spoiler]

BrandonBoss, when you said that guy had tricks to show you, I thought I might see a Task 3 completion. But then you just kind of appeared outside and didn’t listen to him anymore, and I was sad. :sad:

Scores are updated.

Yeah, I think he might have showed me how to fly that fast, but my recall on that whole part is a bit fuzzy. :meh: I have been trying to remember it all morning, but I can’t remember anymore. A lot of that dream is missing, but I always try to make sure I don’t fill in the details I don’t remember of LDs, so that they stay true to form. Sometimes you just forget.

[color=olive]Heh yea it was. I’m glad the restless spirit didn’t try to pull what the other referenced demon did, and the kabobs were pretty good. You should try some in a later dream.

For now 1 FLD
-Meeting Eminem, experimenting with music and abilities again with an identical music device, and watching a comical Mighty Morphin review.

I may WBTB later but its still looking like a toss up at the moment.[/color]

Koharo, now you’re WBTBing at 4:30 PM? Getting more and more nocturnal, I see…

Scores are updated.

NAP time!

2 Short LDs

I am walking down a road doing work. Screw that, this is a dream, RC/stabilize, jump into the air and fly around. The city is devastated and looks like a city made out of trash, most of the people look like they want to kill me as well. I wonder what is up. I keep flying and find a fortress.

wake sleep

I am at the fortress again… am I forgetting something. I am about to walk into it and I remember something. I see a huge “Jackal” inside a cage. My mind thinks the word Jackal, but imagine a huge purple kangaroo, sounds fun, but it eats people. I remember being in there somehow, a little girl with a pet zombie rabbit put it in there and then put me in there, as soon as I was lowered down I ran, and it triggered a timer, I had as long as the times to get out and I didn’t make it. I decide that it would be better to not go into the fortress and walk away.

wake sleep

I am walking away from the fortress and I realize that I am dreaming. I RC/stabilize and fly off into the distance.
“We’ll get you” an old man says I fly off, turns out I had been taken captive and they were ticked I flew off.
“Screw you” I say and fly away. I look at the fortress and am still a little scared of that thing, but it sounds like a fun fight. I plan on going inside and I realize that someone is in there. It looks a lot like the prison that they are in in the third season of walking dead.

wake sleep

Me and my wife are supposed to meet each other, but my bro in law (her bro) says we need to take a detour (guess where too!) to a rundown Walmart. I notice that it looks similar to the fortress, I tell my brother in law and he says “yeah it looks similar” and then he drives down the street and points at the fortress. I get out and the whole gang of people from walking dead. Merle and Daryl are in there and they are asking about them. They both come out and Daryl just jumps into one of our cars signifying that he is coming with us. They don’t know it, but I know that he has seen “The Jackal.”

BrandonBoss, I’ve added the points.

Scores are updated.

Not sure if we get points for visiting our desired location in a ND, but this is what happened to me last night!

I’ll write a detailed version of the dream later because it was really great, but after a lot of tribulations and adventures and coming across really NASTY places, I found a lake surrounded by a green field with flowers and trees, and the sun and colors were gorgeous, and it was a relief for everyone in the dream because it marked the end of a successful quest :smile: