Failing a reality check in reality

Today felt weird. I found myself doing reality checks on several occasions. The thing is, I failed a few of them throughout the day. This made me feel even weirder.

So it got me thinking, have you ever been in the same situation as this? And if so how did it turn out in the end?

Please be more specific. My RC is to try to fly, if I can fly, my RC fails, but i don’t think I will ever be able to fail this RC in real waking state, lol, it would be nice though.

Which RCs? For example, pinching your nose shut and checking whether you can still breathe shouldn’t fail. :tongue: If they’re failing in WL, I’d suggest looking at some other RC possibilities. I wouldn’t want to fail an RC in WL and do something embarrassing cause I thought it felt like a dream too (and it has sometimes before). :wink:

I am curious… how does one go about failing an RC in reality?
I didn’t think that was even applicably possible…?

Merp…?

Like the others have said, what kind of RC’s are you doing? If they are failing in reality you should probably switch to some more reliable ones.
There’s only one RC that I can think of that could fail IRL, and that’s the flipping a light switch to see if it turns on.

I could be wrong… But I had always believed that a sufficient RC, is one that can provide proof of not being reality… Meaning, something that works in reality, that doesn’t work in dreams, or vice versa… If you do an RC in reality, and it “fails”, then you need to come up with something else…

What reality check is failing? If its sticking your hand through a wall, and it works, then you’re no longer in a reality worth visiting.

As had been said, a reality check should be something that can’t fail you in waking life. I too would be curious to know what your current ones are.

I’m really hoping you don’t check your hands and find extra fingers in waking life. :tongue:

One more reason to stay away from psychotropic substances, given that my first impulse after a ‘failed’ RC is to jump out the window and glide down.

I don’t think we’re ever going to find out what this RC was… :tongue:

it depends on what kind of rc ur doing, I do them by trying to put my thumb through my hand, and its never ‘‘failed’’ In real life so it depends on what youre doing?

I know this topic is very interesting, however, the person who started it has not been around since the day after posting.

I hope Tempest is doing well besides this. Most of your replies are correct, the RC is probably unreliable and should be replaced. However, perhaps something is affecting the perception of reality of the asker, we may never know.