Lucidity Challenge 39: Congratulations, Koharo!

@Thorn
So, in the FLD I mentioned in my last post, I was a woman, but was able to change myself back into a man with the power of my mind. I don’t know if that counts for anything, but I figured I’d see if it did.

I had a short LD last night. I was searching for Yev, but found a girl that I used to know instead. I ignored her and started to focus on one of the tasks this week, reflecting on what I have learned recently in LD. I remembered that I’ve found that I can do virtually anything I want in my LDs, as long as I concentrate on it for a few seconds. Things don’t always instantaneously happen for me in my dreams. Having done this, I sought to unleash my power. So, I flew backwards into the air, but this wasn’t very awesome. During this period I had somehow done a 360 of my environment, and the girl from earlier had appeared everywhere, multiple versions of her lining the dream. Amongst all of the same girl, I found a guy, but he didn’t look like Yev to me. I waited though, and he eventually changed and even though he didn’t look like Yev from my previous dream, I could tell it was Yev. During this guy changing into Yev, I had decided to transform into the Hulk again, only being partially successful. I kind of looked like the Hulk from the old live-action TV series. I wasn’t very green either. I got carried away and ran towards Yev, jumping in the air and yelling “Hulk smash,” whereupon I smashed a British looking telephone box. Does that count as a fight between me and Yev? I then hung out with Yev, but the dream ended.

In case I wasn’t clear, I think that my above actions showed that I had unleashed that inner power in my LD last night. If that doesn’t qualify, let me know

HeadInTheClouds, while it was your Task 2 form used in the FLD, it wasn’t done in a way that fit any of the Task 2 point categories. :sad: Those first five tasks were all about using certain dream control methods, not about the results. I figured this would be a good thing as it let people go towards whatever dream goal they wanted while still getting points just by using an LC-allowed setup, but it seems to have been a struggle for many people, so I’m not sure I would make such tasks again if I ever hosted a future LC.

Moving on, I’m not sure you destroying a phone booth counts as fighting or competing with Yev if he didn’t do anything in response. I do enjoy reading the budding adventures of HulkInTheClouds, though, and realizing that you could do anything with a few seconds of focus certainly counts for the 100 points. I originally intended for those points to be coupled with the fight/competition, but you caught me on a wording failure, so you get the points. You also get the 5 points for meeting Yev, and I’ll throw in 4 creativity points for not just taking the easy way out and trying a bit to force the outcomes you wanted.

With regards to the group incubation, Yev was the only one to suggest something more detailed than the size of the teams, so I’m going to implement his plans for the group incubation. His idea was to have LC participants team up with their Task 2 / Bonus Task partners and fight other such LC two-man teams using magic only (so there are Task 5 points to be had here) in some sort of arena, with no “you lose” magic being used (e.g., killing rival DCs with one spell). It’ll be worth the minimum of 30 points, broken down as follows:* 6 points for remembering the group incubation, and 6 points for beginning the competition

• 12 points for meeting the opposing team (remember that you get points for Task 2 for meeting your partner)
  • 3 points if at least one of the three LC DCs uses magic as specified for the duel, with another 3 points if he/she successfully causes an effect
    I think that individual LC participants will have their own interpretations of this task, as no win condition was specified, but I’m fine with that. The goal can certainly be to incapacitate the other team in a creative way, but it can be something else as well, e.g., creating a magic portal to the coolest setting wins or transforming your team or the rival team into the coolest things wins (remember Tasks 2 and 5 :smile:). Try to rake in as many points as you can, as the LC ends on Tuesday at this time of day!

Scores are updated. The competition is close again!

Something fresh today

[spoiler]Not really xP
3 FLDs[/spoiler]

Here, three short LD’s and one medium LD!!! :grin: :grin: :grin:

Only the medium accomplished a task – I completed Squoak’s desired action.

I am so glad I slept late this morning!

I know, I know. I just haven’t been having too many high quality LDs. :razz: My LD rate hasn’t changed from LC 37 (about 2 a week), but apparently the quality of dreams have dropped a lot.

Mall Game ~ [color=indigo]False Lucid Dream[/color]

Dreams so Far:

[spoiler][color=blue]NLDs:[/color] 4
[color=violet]LMs:[/color] 1
[color=indigo]FLDs:[/color] 4
[color=cyan]Chains:[/color] 5
[color=cyan]Short LDs:[/color] 10
[color=cyan]Medium LDs:[/color] 1
[color=cyan]Long LDs:[/color] 2

Task 1: Part 3, Part 4, [color=green]EARLY[/color] ; Part 1 [color=cyan]LUCID[/color] ; Group Incubation Attempt [color=cyan]LUCID[/color]
Task 2: - none -
Task 3: Parts 1 and 2
Task 4: Part 1, [color=green]EARLY[/color] ; Part 1 Repeat, Part 2, [color=cyan]LUCID[/color]
Task 5: - none -
Task 6: Part 3
Task 7: - none -
Dream Chemistry: Part 1 ; Part 2
Personal Goals: Guitar Name ; Food
Quests: Plant a Seed
[/spoiler]

IkranMakto, it’s really hard for me to wrap my head around how you can have so many dreams in which you justify something by believing you’re dreaming, but never consciously realize it. :sad:

LDbc12, squoak’s desired action for Task 2 was to fly, not to firebend — firebending is his personal goal. :sad: I still tossed some creativity points at you for attempting the tasks. Four LDs in a night is great, though!

Scipio, I remember you having 4.5 LDs per day! I’m always going to hold you to that! :tongue:

Scores are updated.

Had a long LD and a short one last night. Not gonna post because I don’t have time this weekend and there were no powers used at all, so no chance for points.

BrandonBoss, I’ve added them in.

Scores are updated.

Had a short LD last night that would have got me one-time points for task one, had I not already earned them.

[url]https://community.ld4all.com/t/ians-dreamworld-journeys-starting-anew/39235/24]

ian1, it beats not having an LD at all!

Scores are updated.

[color=olive]11/22-11/23/13, 2 LDs one average one short.
Tasks
-Teamed up
-Competed
-Unleashed some inner power

Events
-Teaming with HITC, Scipio, and Brandon to face this dungeon boss along with this other team who was trying to get the kill.
-Fought blind Triple threat duel HITC vs Koharo vs Brandon[/color]

Koharo, I’ve received your PM and adjusted your score accordingly as well as scoring the tasks.

Scores are updated.

6 FLDs during last two days

Thorn, I knows it’s kinda hard to believe but you don’t even know how annoying can it get when you look at your hands and see only 3 fingers on each but you still don’t get lucid. >.> I really need to work on my awareness.

I had a short LD last night. I tried to find Yev, James_uk2008, and Thorn so that we could all do the group incubation. This led me to my neighbor’s house, where I knocked on the door expecting to find you three there. However, David Hasselhoff answered the door. I have absolutely no clue why. I got tired of trying to find you three, so I decided to fight him. I can’t remember, but either I started to sing the song “Kung fu Fighting” or it started to play in the background of my dream. Regardless, we started fighting like in a martial arts movie, but didn’t actually hit each other, only blocked the others attack. Then I thought I could find Yev, James_uk2008, and Thorn inside the house, so I grabbed him and tossed him off the steps and out into the street, which was really funny to me in the dream. As I entered the house I woke up.

Also, I don’t know how to classify this, as I define a LD as being aware you are dreaming. I was in a dream and I took a sip of something that I don’t like IRL, but it tasted good in my dream. I then thought to myself, “Oh, it tasted good because this is a dream. It doesn’t mean it tastes this good IRL.” That was all, and then it went back to just a ND.

IkranMakto, I didn’t say it was hard to believe, but rather that it was hard to understand. You’re not the only one in this LC that’s pumping out FLDs constantly, and I’m not accusing such people of lying, so don’t think I’m saying anything like that. Also, my name is not “Thron”. :smile:
EDIT: Typo fixed.

HeadInTheClouds, I wish I could say that David Hasselhoff was your LC rival, but I don’t think he’s participating. :sad: I think that you’re on the right track with the group incubation being your ticket to victory, though, as it’ll also give you points for Task 5, the only task for which you haven’t received any points. By my calculations, if the LD is short or medium, you’d need to get done at least two parts of Task 5 to pass Koharo without banking on creativity points or a tiebreaker, and that assumes that he didn’t dream for points this morning and won’t tomorrow morning. I did give you a few creativity points for the attempt today as well.

Some important things to note as the LC draws to a close:* Only dreams experienced before November 26, 2:50 PM EST will count. I will allow 24 hours after this time for people to report qualifying dreams.

• I’ve told many people that I would like to talk in Skype or Mumble about the Tasks, but I could never find enough people online at once. I intend to talk Tuesday evening (EST) about the LC as a whole — my thoughts, people’s likes/dislikes, people’s incubations for the tasks, the bonus task possibilities, preliminary results, thoughts for future LCs, and anything else that comes to mind — with anybody available, even if it’s only one or two people. I’ll check with people in #ld4all that evening to see who’s up for it; I know Scipio mentioned it, and I’m willing to chat with anybody else too.
  • If the LC seems to be decided on one last day of creativity points, i.e., a spread of 10 or less between 1st place and places below, I will run a short tiebreaker instead of immediately declaring a winner to prevent any appearance of bias. I will put out a task just for people within the spread, and on the first day that any involved people post points for it, whoever earns the most points for it on that day will win.
    Scores are updated. May the best dreamer win!

Sorry about that typo. Well honestly believe or understand it doesn’t really matter as it’s hard to do both. Maybe not for you but for me. :smile: And ye ye I’m doing my best don’t worry I haven’t given up yet. ^.^

[color=olive]11/24/13-11/25/13, 1 short LD and 3 FLDs. Limbo was a fail due to the absence of LC contestants other than that…
Tasks
-Tested the extent of an ability(Personal goal), being shot multiple times, twice in the eye while it was open.
-Watching the sun set through the parting storm clouds for a moment
-Tuning and playing guitar on stage in front of a large audience with a DC I believed to be Yev. (Attending a rock concert.)

Events
-Flying over NYC
-DC Universe Fragment
-Being in line for heaven
-Hanging with celebs[/color]

I have had dreams, but they have been unpostable because of their personal themes involving other, real, people. There was a conversation between me and a DC about how to properly learn several different kinds of magic and actually be able to use both at the same time, but I don’t think it includes anything that hasn’t been in my dreams earlier.

aand the very last 3 FLDs for me :razz:

I’ve graded everything up until this point. Remember that I’m allowing people to post any dreams that were had before Tuesday, November 26, 2:50 PM EST, but I’ll stop accepting submissions 24 hours after this deadline. That said, first-place is looking pretty deadlocked right now.

Scores are updated. Submit whatever you have left!