Lucidity Challenge 39: Congratulations, Koharo!

ian1, it beats not having an LD at all!

Scores are updated.

[color=olive]11/22-11/23/13, 2 LDs one average one short.
Tasks
-Teamed up
-Competed
-Unleashed some inner power

Events
-Teaming with HITC, Scipio, and Brandon to face this dungeon boss along with this other team who was trying to get the kill.
-Fought blind Triple threat duel HITC vs Koharo vs Brandon[/color]

Koharo, I’ve received your PM and adjusted your score accordingly as well as scoring the tasks.

Scores are updated.

6 FLDs during last two days

Thorn, I knows it’s kinda hard to believe but you don’t even know how annoying can it get when you look at your hands and see only 3 fingers on each but you still don’t get lucid. >.> I really need to work on my awareness.

I had a short LD last night. I tried to find Yev, James_uk2008, and Thorn so that we could all do the group incubation. This led me to my neighbor’s house, where I knocked on the door expecting to find you three there. However, David Hasselhoff answered the door. I have absolutely no clue why. I got tired of trying to find you three, so I decided to fight him. I can’t remember, but either I started to sing the song “Kung fu Fighting” or it started to play in the background of my dream. Regardless, we started fighting like in a martial arts movie, but didn’t actually hit each other, only blocked the others attack. Then I thought I could find Yev, James_uk2008, and Thorn inside the house, so I grabbed him and tossed him off the steps and out into the street, which was really funny to me in the dream. As I entered the house I woke up.

Also, I don’t know how to classify this, as I define a LD as being aware you are dreaming. I was in a dream and I took a sip of something that I don’t like IRL, but it tasted good in my dream. I then thought to myself, “Oh, it tasted good because this is a dream. It doesn’t mean it tastes this good IRL.” That was all, and then it went back to just a ND.

IkranMakto, I didn’t say it was hard to believe, but rather that it was hard to understand. You’re not the only one in this LC that’s pumping out FLDs constantly, and I’m not accusing such people of lying, so don’t think I’m saying anything like that. Also, my name is not “Thron”. :smile:
EDIT: Typo fixed.

HeadInTheClouds, I wish I could say that David Hasselhoff was your LC rival, but I don’t think he’s participating. :sad: I think that you’re on the right track with the group incubation being your ticket to victory, though, as it’ll also give you points for Task 5, the only task for which you haven’t received any points. By my calculations, if the LD is short or medium, you’d need to get done at least two parts of Task 5 to pass Koharo without banking on creativity points or a tiebreaker, and that assumes that he didn’t dream for points this morning and won’t tomorrow morning. I did give you a few creativity points for the attempt today as well.

Some important things to note as the LC draws to a close:* Only dreams experienced before November 26, 2:50 PM EST will count. I will allow 24 hours after this time for people to report qualifying dreams.

• I’ve told many people that I would like to talk in Skype or Mumble about the Tasks, but I could never find enough people online at once. I intend to talk Tuesday evening (EST) about the LC as a whole — my thoughts, people’s likes/dislikes, people’s incubations for the tasks, the bonus task possibilities, preliminary results, thoughts for future LCs, and anything else that comes to mind — with anybody available, even if it’s only one or two people. I’ll check with people in #ld4all that evening to see who’s up for it; I know Scipio mentioned it, and I’m willing to chat with anybody else too.
  • If the LC seems to be decided on one last day of creativity points, i.e., a spread of 10 or less between 1st place and places below, I will run a short tiebreaker instead of immediately declaring a winner to prevent any appearance of bias. I will put out a task just for people within the spread, and on the first day that any involved people post points for it, whoever earns the most points for it on that day will win.
    Scores are updated. May the best dreamer win!

Sorry about that typo. Well honestly believe or understand it doesn’t really matter as it’s hard to do both. Maybe not for you but for me. :smile: And ye ye I’m doing my best don’t worry I haven’t given up yet. ^.^

[color=olive]11/24/13-11/25/13, 1 short LD and 3 FLDs. Limbo was a fail due to the absence of LC contestants other than that…
Tasks
-Tested the extent of an ability(Personal goal), being shot multiple times, twice in the eye while it was open.
-Watching the sun set through the parting storm clouds for a moment
-Tuning and playing guitar on stage in front of a large audience with a DC I believed to be Yev. (Attending a rock concert.)

Events
-Flying over NYC
-DC Universe Fragment
-Being in line for heaven
-Hanging with celebs[/color]

I have had dreams, but they have been unpostable because of their personal themes involving other, real, people. There was a conversation between me and a DC about how to properly learn several different kinds of magic and actually be able to use both at the same time, but I don’t think it includes anything that hasn’t been in my dreams earlier.

aand the very last 3 FLDs for me :razz:

I’ve graded everything up until this point. Remember that I’m allowing people to post any dreams that were had before Tuesday, November 26, 2:50 PM EST, but I’ll stop accepting submissions 24 hours after this deadline. That said, first-place is looking pretty deadlocked right now.

Scores are updated. Submit whatever you have left!

I thought I had told you about my lucids, but I guess you are really making it -THAT- official?

ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 723#708723

A negligible length ld
A mid length ld
A short length ld
no tasks accomplished during dreaming

I apologize for the informality.

Okay, it’s over! The final scoreboard is here with a full breakdown of how points were scored, but for anybody unable to see the worksheet, here it is again in text:

[color=#FFCC00]1. Koharo (2023)[/color]
[color=#BFBFBF]2. HeadInTheClouds (1795)[/color]
[color=#CC9900]3. BrandonBoss (1419)[/color]
4. LDbc12 (1153)
5. Scipio Xaos (854)
6. Lumessence (623)
7. Siiw (577)
8. ian1 (378)
9. Rhewin (361)
10. James_UK2008 (313)
11. StarryGwee (277)
12. IkranMakto (255)
13. mr_Block (170)
14. paual (133)
15. muccy (90)
16. Masonc1 (70)
17. Yev (65)
18. Loah, Faith42 (30)
20. demented (15)
21. Mew151, squoak, Ecila6, Catt, SlyRaccoon (0)

Congratulations to Koharo on his victory! :partying_face: Koharo, you have the option of running LC 40, passing things off to HeadInTheClouds (who can pass things off to BrandonBoss, and so on and so forth), making some sort of collaborative effort between you and the people ranking below you, or whatever you want to do. You have the reins right now! Post and let us know your plans!

I didn’t have the grand set-up for a conclusion that Scipio had in the last LC, but I did talk to some people (Scipio and ian1) to discuss the LC in general. If anybody wants to tune in, our conversation is available here unedited. Hopefully this is helpful in deciding how to structure LC 40. I also apologize if we misinterpreted anybody’s dreams or thought processes in our conversation; no offense is meant by any commentary. I also apologize for referencing HeadInTheClouds constantly, but to be fair, he did devote himself to the tasks in his LDs almost every time, so he provided the most material. :tongue:

Thanks to everybody who participated and for all of the feedback! I hope that you all manage the goals that went unfinished during the LC — people even changed their avatars to reflect their goals, and there were so many fun ideas that went untouched that I hope you all get to experience.

Yaaay, congrats everyone! Definitely gonna pursue what was left undone here!

Congrats Koharo and thanks Thorn for such a fun and exciting LC. This has been one of my favorites. I listened to the conversation you posted, and my thoughts are in the spoiler tag below. :wink:

[spoiler]So, I know that my LC was different from those before. However, when I was doing the scoring, I thought I was doing it like Rhewin had done it before me in LC 36. When I started to see the scores being really large, I realized I did something much different apparently. The main thing I had looked to change was the creativity points, as I didn’t want those to bias the competition. I still wanted people to try to be as creative as possible though, so I thought I would make it a competition with minor points to be earned. I was also concerned about the way I had given out creativity points, so before I announced the winner, I made sure that my awarding of recent creativity points had not biased the competition. I did add the FLD points part of the way into LC 37, because I figured there wouldn’t be that many to begin with. Seeing the amount this competition, I think that the FLD points need to be changed. I think they should still count, but the LC in my opinion is about actual LDs and the tasks to get done within them. In going with that, I also think each week should be focused on specific tasks being done, unlike what was done in this LC.

Even though some of what I just said may make it look like I had a negative impression of this LC, that is not the case. I whole-heartily enjoyed this one. In particular, I liked the idea of everyone giving a desired action, setting, and form before beginning. That is something that I think should continue in some form. I liked the amount of interactivity with the TM and the LC participants; I think it made the LC funner. I also like the idea of the group incubations, but I think they need reformation. In particular, some dreamers want to go with very complicated incubations, but a lot of people in the LC aren’t advanced enough to even dream (pun intended) of doing those incubations. Perhaps there could be a beginner and an advanced group incubation instead.

Going along with what I just said, I think that the LC being open to all people interested in it poses some challenges. Some people are beginners, while others are crazy skilled at LDing. I think it would be neat to give some of the lesser experienced people a way to actually compete with those who are advanced without taking away the advanced people’s credit that they deserve. One solution to this was to have people sign up on either a beginner or advanced track, and each week give a beginner and advanced task that are weighted equally. Its kind of similar to what they have for the monthly tasks on Dreamviews. However, I’m not sure that would work out very well, but hopefully it makes the point of what I’m trying to say.

Also, I apparently still have the spreadsheet, which is extremely detailed, for LC 37 on my computer. If anyone one is interested, I can find a way to share it with everyone. It will show you how I broke down the scoring, and may even be a helpful template for those who choose to host in the future.

I agree with ian1 (if I remember who said it correctly) that the bonus potion task was fun. Some form of task like that would make a great addition to the LC, but I’m not sure what other things could be done with such a complicated task. Perhaps just copying your task and changing what the potions do each LC would be interesting in itself.

As a side note, I’ve got to admit, becoming the Hulk was really fun in this LC. I’ll have to use a mirror next time for the transformation :tongue: .[/spoiler]

HeadInTheClouds, I hope I didn’t sound like I was somehow chewing you out for LC 37’s format or anything. That’s not my intent at all, especially now that I’ve realized that no matter how it gets scored, an invasion of “proficient” dreamers will skew the scores. :tongue: I also openly admit that I didn’t get everything right this LC on the first try; I hope that given how the last three LCs changed how things worked, the next one will refine it further and improve upon the things that worked.

I do hope to see more adventures of HulkInTheClouds; as I said in the video, it was a definite change from your sign-up saying you didn’t have a particular form to use. I half-expect a task to be about gamma rays if Koharo passes along hosting duty. :tongue: I’ll also second what you said about the spreadsheet; while there should be a download link at the top of the LC 39 spreadsheet to let the host make a template out of it, I’ll happily pass it along if that doesn’t work.

Scores are upd- wait, I don’t have to say that anymore!

[color=olive]@HITC :handshake: Thanks. Your style and creativity has influenced me to change up some of my methods. Pretty BA how you were able to pull ahead by completing the bonus, complete multiple tasks in a single dream on multiple occasions, and pull ahead to the top three with a high task point ratio. Both you and BrandonBoss really gave me a run for my money and kept me on my toes.

@Thorn :handshake: Thanks especially for making the LC fun and exciting, like HITC said before, and remaining committed pulling the conflicts faced IRL.
The LC was pretty epic. Having a miniature profile, the location and desired form to name a couple, with sign ups to play a vital role in a future task (keeps some guessing), then the group incubations involving other partner/rival LC contestants making it more interactive, and last but not least the potion bonus which was pretty fun. Having to guess the potion’s ability while limited to 20 yes/no questions, retrieving a potion in the dream from a limited supply, and having to complete one task to unlock the next requiring you to continue where you left off to some extent and once again keeps the contestant guessing.

LC 40…

Heh…Of the two LC’s of which I have competed, or from what I’ve seen on the list of previous LCs, I don’t recall there being multiple hosts for a single LC…
:colgate: …But that decision, if having multiple hosts is possible, I will leave to HITC. With that said, LC 40 is in your hands if you choose to accept. Best of luck to the future contestants.[/color] :beer:
[color=olive]And thats all she wrote
*Vanishes with echoing whispers in the wind
[/color]

Congratulations Koharo!

Well, as it’s your win, I don’t see why not. I only brought that up because I’d considered it myself in the past. In LC 37, the eighth week started with a near-tie between me, Scipio, and Gwee, with every other competitor way behind. I had decided that if I won, I was going to host three tasks and ask Scipio and Gwee if they wanted to each have two. Of course, Scipio won and that opportunity didn’t come, but I don’t see why it would be impossible.

In any case, if you’re leaving the decision to HeadInTheClouds, then we’ll just wait for his post. :smile:

@Koharo Congrats to the winner! You are a beast Koharo, and I really like your fighting style. I haven’t updated in a while because I simply had nothing to update. My lucidity took a dip, so dont think I was lazy and didnt post and you pulled ahead there, you kicked a—butt. :razz: i am back now though and am going to be doing some major exploring of my dream world, some of the things you have said have inspired me to think of the dreamworld as completely different will clarify in PM. :razz:

@ Thorn. Thanks for running the competition it was awesome fun. I normally dont do goals in dream as often as I did, but when I became lucid last night, my first thought was to find a goal. I was immediately sad that the comp was over :sad:. I did fight that crazy witch though. This has made me better at doing things, very worth it. I am going to get even better.

@hitc
Holy crap! Good job man! Way to show up man. Keep up LDing.

@everyone
Never stop LDing.