Lucidity Challenge 39: Congratulations, Koharo!

[color=olive]@HITC :handshake: Thanks. Your style and creativity has influenced me to change up some of my methods. Pretty BA how you were able to pull ahead by completing the bonus, complete multiple tasks in a single dream on multiple occasions, and pull ahead to the top three with a high task point ratio. Both you and BrandonBoss really gave me a run for my money and kept me on my toes.

@Thorn :handshake: Thanks especially for making the LC fun and exciting, like HITC said before, and remaining committed pulling the conflicts faced IRL.
The LC was pretty epic. Having a miniature profile, the location and desired form to name a couple, with sign ups to play a vital role in a future task (keeps some guessing), then the group incubations involving other partner/rival LC contestants making it more interactive, and last but not least the potion bonus which was pretty fun. Having to guess the potion’s ability while limited to 20 yes/no questions, retrieving a potion in the dream from a limited supply, and having to complete one task to unlock the next requiring you to continue where you left off to some extent and once again keeps the contestant guessing.

LC 40…

Heh…Of the two LC’s of which I have competed, or from what I’ve seen on the list of previous LCs, I don’t recall there being multiple hosts for a single LC…
:colgate: …But that decision, if having multiple hosts is possible, I will leave to HITC. With that said, LC 40 is in your hands if you choose to accept. Best of luck to the future contestants.[/color] :beer:
[color=olive]And thats all she wrote
*Vanishes with echoing whispers in the wind
[/color]

Congratulations Koharo!

Well, as it’s your win, I don’t see why not. I only brought that up because I’d considered it myself in the past. In LC 37, the eighth week started with a near-tie between me, Scipio, and Gwee, with every other competitor way behind. I had decided that if I won, I was going to host three tasks and ask Scipio and Gwee if they wanted to each have two. Of course, Scipio won and that opportunity didn’t come, but I don’t see why it would be impossible.

In any case, if you’re leaving the decision to HeadInTheClouds, then we’ll just wait for his post. :smile:

@Koharo Congrats to the winner! You are a beast Koharo, and I really like your fighting style. I haven’t updated in a while because I simply had nothing to update. My lucidity took a dip, so dont think I was lazy and didnt post and you pulled ahead there, you kicked a—butt. :razz: i am back now though and am going to be doing some major exploring of my dream world, some of the things you have said have inspired me to think of the dreamworld as completely different will clarify in PM. :razz:

@ Thorn. Thanks for running the competition it was awesome fun. I normally dont do goals in dream as often as I did, but when I became lucid last night, my first thought was to find a goal. I was immediately sad that the comp was over :sad:. I did fight that crazy witch though. This has made me better at doing things, very worth it. I am going to get even better.

@hitc
Holy crap! Good job man! Way to show up man. Keep up LDing.

@everyone
Never stop LDing.

[color=olive]@Siiw Thanks!

@Thorn Alright. If the conditions are right I’ll consider doing so.

@BrandonBoss Thanks man! Heh didn’t doubt you for a second man it happens. Glad to have you back on the scene, can’t wait to see how the new prospective will work for you looking forward to the new reads, and congrats taking care of the witch.

@HITC

[/color]

@Thorn
I didn’t think you were being overly negative about LC 37; I just wanted to explain why I changed the scoring.

As far as LC 40 goes, I am open to hosting it. I had been thinking of a similar idea to you Thorn should I have won. As the last three LCs were a big departure from LC 36 and earlier, I thought it would be interesting if you, Scipio Xaos, and I hosted the LC together and reformed the rules so that they can be a bit more stable and standardized going forward. I also wouldn’t mind Koharo joining and creating a couple tasks, as he is the one who actually one this LC.

Koharo, Thorn, and Scipio Xaos, let me know what you guys think about this idea.

I am very busy for the next week, but I can have the next LC ready in about two weeks.

HeadInTheClouds, my concern is that LC hosting privileges go from the first-place person to second to third, etc. if people decline. If Scipio were to be involved in joint hosting, you’d need to convince BrandonBoss and LDbc12 to let it happen. In the same vein, I’m not sure I should be overly involved twice in a row. I’m definitely willing to help out behind the scenes with things like figuring out a scoring system or touching up shaky wording in tasks, but I shouldn’t be inserting task ideas into LC 40.

I didn’t think I’d open such a big can of worms with this. I figured Koharo would make a decision and this topic would fall silent. :tongue:

Thorn, It’s no problem. My main reasoning behind this idea was because since LC 37, each LC has been being changed significantly. I figured that the three people who made these changes might want to work together to try to bring back a more standardized LC.

Unless Koharo is going to host, this is what I will be doing. I will host LC 40, and if Koharo and BrandonBoss want to each add a task, then I’ll create 5 of the tasks, and they’ll each create one. Thorn, Scipio Xaos, Koharo, and BrandonBoss, you are all welcome to help me redesign the rules so that they become a little more standardized. PM me if you’re interested in doing this. I will probably be ready to start the LC in about two weeks. I don’t think it needs to be said, but if Koharo or BrandonBoss choose to submit tasks, then they won’t be able to participate as contestants in LC 40.

So, if anyone, particularly Koharo, has an issue with this, let me know soon. Otherwise, I will assume that I should go ahead with what I stated above.

I would be willing to pass it down to the next, so that the others could host it however they like. I would like the next competition to be as Boss as possible. :smile:

I would rather compete than submit.

[color=olive]The ball is in your court.
I was already going to sit this this LC out to take care of some things on the other side, so I won’t mind submitting a task for LC 40 and discuss/help redesign some rules.[/color] :yinyang:

@BrandonBoss
Alright, I understand. Hopefully LC 40 will be really fun. :smile:

OK, so I got a PM from Thorn indicating that he would like to help in editing the rules of the LC. Thus, both Koharo and Thorn are in on working with the rule changes. Like I said to Thorn, I will be busy until next week, probably around Wednesday or Thursday. Sometime after that I will be ready to start working on the LC.

I haven’t heard from Scipio Xaos yet, but I will get in contact with Thorn, Koharo, and Scipio Xaos (if he chooses to be a part), and begin the discussions in a few days.

I hope it is XL. :smile: remember that 40 is a milestone. We won’t hit 50 for a whole year at least, so make it special.

Congrats Koharo.
I was curious to see how it would play out between Koharo and BrandonBoss, atleast those are the two that caught my attention.

It’s unfortunate (and fortunate, in a way) that my Dreaming took a strange turn, but we’ll see how next LC goes.

Congrats KOHAROOO, and good job to everyone else!

Congratulations, Koharo! And thank you Thorn for hosting the challenge.

Alright thanks yal :beer:

Congratulations, Koharo! :>

Thanks Ian1! :beer:

Belated congratulations to Koharo for taking the win and to everyone else for participating.

HITC, I sent you a PM, but I’d thought I’d state here as well that I’d be glad to help reformat and standardize the rules, but when it comes down to it I’d like to participate in the competition instead be a host again. It hasn’t been long enough for me since I hosted last and I’d like to use the competition for whatever LDing boost I can get given my dropping recall and LD rate. :tongue:

Still, I’d like to help however I could as well. :smile: